Big News: Indy Racing League cars & tracks in GT5

So with IRL confirmed, the question now is how many of them will we have and how many of their tracks will we have.

Well, since IRL is the simplest major motorsport in the world, it shouldn't be to hard. Here are the stats for IRL.

1. Every car is a Honda (for those who don't know much about IRL, it's basically and America version of F1).

2. Their season consists of 17 tracks, some of which are Nascar tracks. (There are also 3 out of country tracks, Brazil, Canada, Japan)

3. There are only about 30, at the most, Indy cars per race. (This varies depending on what track there at)

4. Like F1, each team owns 2 cars, both of which have the same sponsor/paint scheme. (Of course they have different numbers, one digit apart).

That's basically all you need to know. If I've forgotten anything, please quote/comment.

^Every car is Dallara actually ;)
Engines are Honda, car is Dallara.

And its not at all like F1, in F1 all teams must construct their own car and there are multiple suppliers of engines, brakes, etc.
No countries may have more than one race except for the European GP/Pacific/San Marino.
Points system is completely different, and qualifying.

In fact the only similarity is they are both open wheel sports. :lol:

Awesome, going not only 210 (NASCAR), but also 245 in a circle!

Just fooling. I would love to take some of the Indy cars around the city tracks. Seattle jumps anyone?

Edit: Wait, this is OPM? I thought that wasn't out until the 16th or something.

Indycar does run a fairly even mix of ovals, street circuits and road courses ;)

Fantastic news! :drool:
Kudos to the OP! 👍

Besides the Indy cars and tracks news, we've got a first peek of night racing! (although it was at Special Stage Route 5.. :P)

weather and night racing is magic, day and night cycle would complete the trick.
"Weather effects" so far...I suppose it means wet tracks and snow tracks (wrc). They don't talk about "dynamic weather".

Not a lot of new news, but a bunch of excellent confirmations.

Very good way to start the new year.

I wonder if they will start promoting the game after GT academy trials are finished...

4. Like F1, each team owns 2 cars, both of which have the same sponsor/paint scheme. (Of course they have different numbers, one digit apart).

Just to be clear, most cars in the IRL have individual main sponsors often tied to individual drivers, thus most team cars have different paint schemes. From a strictly car performance standpoint it won't matter how many NASCAR and IRL cars are represented, but from a driver fantasy standpoint, it would nice if at least half the cars are represented in the game.

Fantastic news! :drool:
Kudos to the OP! 👍

Besides the Indy cars and tracks news, we've got a first peek of night racing! (although it was at Special Stage Route 5.. :P)

Confirmed for all tracks though! I am thinking that it will be an option to be night or day race and not dynamic, but that is still epic!

weather and night racing is magic, day and night cycle would complete the trick.

i noticed on the 370z a clock in the dash pod saying 5:32, if my memory serves me correct the pod in the 350z in gt5p just has dashes in it. so was wondering if anyone knows if a real 350z has a clock in one of the pods and if so may this be a clue to a day/night cycle? the fact that they have put a actual time of day in the car?

That clock displays the exact same time as it does in the GT5 Time Trial demo.

I hope they make it a working clock, so I don't have to interrupt my racing to see what time it is :sly:

What stood out to me was the mention of trading cars from GT5P and GTPSP. I know this is old news but could this be confirmation?
Or am I just slow?

I dont think i will take advantage of that option though, I enjoy starting out with a cheap old beater and slowly working my way up. I must admit that its a cool feature none the less.

I hope they make it a working clock, so I don't have to interrupt my racing to see what time it is :sly:

hardvibes yes i mean weather effects guess i should have been clearer.

hypo which clock shows the exact same time, the clock in the 350z in gt5p?

GTPSP has a working clock in the HUD which is really cool, though i first thought it was unnecissary. If there whould be completely working dashboards (eben temparatures and stuff like that) it would be completely awesome! But i do not expect it and i will not be disappointed in any way, if they do not include it.

Confirmed for all tracks though! I am thinking that it will be an option to be night or day race and not dynamic, but that is still epic!

Yes indeed. :drool:
From the picture of SLS AMG, I can see the front light finally lighten up the ground! 👍

Once the game is in our hands who cares what time it is? JK!:drool:

That's pretty true. :lol:
Time would fly pass when the game finally comes to our hands. :D

hardvibes yes i mean weather effects guess i should have been clearer.

hypo which clock shows the exact same time, the clock in the 350z in gt5p?
No the 370z in the time trial.

Attachments

• Untitled-8.jpg
    Untitled-8.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 80
Wow, I almost can't believe my eyes..
Weather effects + night racing ON ALL TRACKS?
That means Nürburgring at Night?:embarrassed: Or am I getting it wrong?

Thanks a lot for this DN, but any chance of getting a scan of this article or clearer top down photo's of it, I'm struggling to read half of what's written.

no you are correct, another big up for me infact i think its greater than the weather and night is COCKPIT VIEW FOR ALL CARS wow what a relief

Your eyes are working perfectly. ;)

I was overwhelmed by this exploding news just now when I read it! :dopey:
It's 3:20am in the morning and I think I gotta calm down before sleep. :lol:

So, 1600 people in this thread because of full Indy Car support ? Not my cup of tea... as I accidently had a look at the GT5 section I thought : wtf, 1600 people, this must be big news. Ah well, guess not ;)

Back