Big News: Indy Racing League cars & tracks in GT5

Can't wait! And if PD includes WGI!?!?!?!.....
F1-Watkinsglenirl-1920x1200.jpg

No "cycles" mentioned.

Maybe Jordan is mixing up the PTOM article with some secret info he has in his pocket?
No, just an inappropriate word choice while typing up the summary - sorry if it caused any confusion. Now I know how Yamauchi feels. :crazy:

No, just an inappropriate word choice while typing up the summary - sorry if it caused any confusion. Now I know how Yamauchi feels. :crazy:
Hey Jordan! What about full weather? I just saw that gameblog.fr wrote something about driving under the rain. Is that your source?

Last edited:
So much awesome news! Thanks for the pix DN!

Hopefully some vintage Indycars will be included as well.

Welcome news, thanks to the OP. I was hoping there might be more about the head-tracking and online play.... But it appears PD are slowly dripping more info, so I look forward to much more over the coming weeks.

Tell me if im wrong but a pattern seems to be emerging, remember gt4s main areas on the map, USA, JAPAN, and EUROPE.
With gt5 we have super gt (japan), nascar and irl (USA).
I wonder if we will see another licensed series based in europe?

Your thoughts?

Tell me if im wrong but a pattern seems to be emerging, remember gt4s main areas on the map, USA, JAPAN, and EUROPE.

Your thoughts?

I would be nice to see a DTM and ETCC license.

tell me if im wrong but a pattern seems to be emerging, remember gt4s main areas on the map, usa, japan, and europe.
With gt5 we have super gt (japan), nascar and irl (usa).

Your thoughts?

WRC

Edit: ^ beat me to it

:drool:I...cannot...believe it...

Your thoughts?

Interesting thought there, although I think the WRC is a licensed series in Europe.

Was not expecting this today...this is damn good news. Confirmed weather and night racing on all tracks is a huge plus, and though I don't watch IRL very much, it should be good fun taking these different types of cars on all the other tracks (IRL and NASCAR).

Gaaaah I can't wait :D

Oh, and if there's anyone that thinks that PD isn't hiding something, you're crazy. Even the picture of the night racing is at a track where we've had night racing....not only that, but it's conveniently placed at the top of the page...in not such a big picture....the only difference is the gorgeous xenon headlights on the ground...me thinks there loading the bomb for this game :mischievous:

Thanks, DN.

They feed us very slowly, nothing really new other than IRL. But I'd bet GT5 will be like big box of chocolates.

Imagine a GT5 advertisement with Kyle Busch (or maybe Earnhard Jr.) and Danica Patric! People would eat it up. I know why PD/Sony is doing this, they want this game to sell by the truck loads in America. Since just about everyone in Europe and Japan will by the game instantly no matter what cars, tracks or features are in the game, focusing on the US makes a lot of sense.

If you think about it all that is left is ALMS, LMS, DTM, FIA GT, WTCC/BTCC (Simbin has a lock down on those), and the ATCC. And I assume we will get at least a handful of cars from each category like in previous GTs.

Imagine a GT5 advertisement with Kyle Busch (or maybe Earnhard Jr.) and Danica Patric! People would eat it up. I know why PD/Sony is doing this, they want this game to sell by the truck loads in America. Since just about everyone in Europe and Japan will by the game instantly no matter what cars, tracks or features are in the game, focusing on the US makes a lot of sense.

And given the recent hype with Dale Jr and Danica Patrick, Pefect oppurtunity for them to capatalise on it.

paskowitz
If you think about it all that is left is ALMS, LMS, DTM, FIA GT, WTCC/BTCC (Simbin has a lock down on those), and the ATCC. And I assume we will get at least a handful of cars from each category like in previous GTs.

To my recollection, No one has the DTM, ALMS, or LMS license so they could easily be snatched up.

I hope PD would focus more on non US racing leagues in the future. From US series I would like American Le mans series over nascar any day.

^ Yes I could think of some pretty good ads for this.

Yes I could think of some pretty good ads for this. Sorry for the double post.

Last edited by a moderator:
just noticed that indy racing league is a governing body with 3 seperate championships, indycar series is the biggie, may we see 3 champs or am i getting too carried away??

Back