Big News: Indy Racing League cars & tracks in GT5

I mean, we've had them since 1998...
That's because they're part of GT, it wouldn't be the same if PD were to exclude circuits like Grand Valley, Trial Mountain and SSR5. If we were to remove everything that featured in older iterations of the series, then future GTs would become very dull.

what's so exciting about them?
Well, in my opinion, they're exiting because the designers of them can do pretty much anything they want, they're not bound by the many restrictions you get when making a circuit out in the real world (not saying that real circuits aren't exciting).

OK, I updated the first post with pics of all the pages as well as links to the original 3648x2736 pics that I took. I hope that will do for now.
Thanks DN, appreciate it. 👍

Ok, I just read it on big image and:

- Night & Day cycle and weather effects on all tracks
- Damage (visual and mechanical)
- 1080 at 60fps
- possibly more than 1,000 cars
- all cars will have cockpit view (the 170 premium are the ones on which the interior will also damage - the rest only external damage)
- Nascar, WRC and Indy RL licenses (not all tracks/cars though)
- Head track

I'm starting to dream with full grid long endurance races at night on the green hell!

Do we have an Australia or European Release date? LOL sorry had to say it.

No seriously theres some excellent pics and info there, good to finaly see night driving. Add Special Stage Route 5 to the confirmed track list too by the way. Its after 3 am and i cant be bothered to read anymore at this point so I'll go hard at it later on.

Thanks DN

Night racing on all tracks, weather effects, up to 16 players online.

I doubt it'll be 1080p native but 1280x1080 with small horizontal upscale like prologue is lots better on my 1920x1080p TV than standard 720p games.

Ok, I just read it on big image and:

- Night & Day cycle and weather effects on all tracks
- Damage (visual and mechanical)
- 1080 at 60fps
- possibly more than 1,000 cars
- all cars will have cockpit view (the 170 premium are the ones on which the interior will also damage - the rest only external damage)
- Nascar, WRC and Indy RL licenses (not all tracks/cars though)
- Head track

I'm starting to dream with full grid long endurance races at night on the green hell!

Wehere did you read from? day n night cycles? and weather changes?

Are you sure it's Special Stage? I was thinking about F1 night track... :scared:

And look at the xenon lights that illuminate perfectly the track... :drool:

Attachments

• 100_7232-1.jpg
    100_7232-1.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 204
Don't get your hopes up - this is SONY/PD we are talking about - i bet the article is just Tokyo track pics.

See told you - yet another let down - I'm used to them now.

fail.

Fail indeed - I can see Tokyo, SSR5 and Midfield in there.

Awesome reading. Still a bit worried about online races though and how stable/solid they will be.

Anyway, night racing/weather changes on all tracks and damage/cockpit view for all 1000 cars! Just wow! :crazy:

Also, we now have NASCAR, IRL, WRC and Super GT licenses! Can't wait!!!! :drool:

Plus conformation of indycar, the boxart and night racing and possibly some extra information as well-they did another feature about GT5 a few months ago so rather than repeat themselves they must have some new information.

Very disappointing article.

Such a cover for yet another rehash of stuff we already knew. 99% of the article is old. They even use screengrabs of the 7 month old E3 trailer.

Under "Give me a Visual". Doesn't talk about day/night cycles, but it does say all tracks will have a night time version. 👍

That's awesome.👍

Glad to see PD finally getting some more info out there(and in English).

Are you sure it's Special Stage? I was thinking about F1 night track...
The section of the circuit in the image is clearly (to the GT obsessed :dunce:) the first/second corner sequence of SSR5. It doesn't match any section of the Marina Bay Street Circuit.

First of all, welcome back.
That was a heck of a way return to GTP.

I suppose technically speaking I sort of came back/poped in a couple weeks ago when I posted a GTP style Christmas Card from the Nitrates. :)

As for a return, unfortunately my schedule is still very hectic, especially after taking much of the Summer off to travel with the wife and kids among other things. Hopefully things will settle down and I'll have more free time to share with my fellow GTPers. 👍

PS (regarding the magazine): Seeing as I bought it I figured I would browse through it, and I must say they clearly have a witty editorial staff. Here is one of the responses from the "Letters" section:

EXCLUSIVE
Is there any news on the PlayStation 4 development?
- Andrew Gaither, via email
No. But we've been playing the PS8 and it's awesome!
:lol:

It's actually a decent read, albeit light & fluffy - perfect flying material. ;)

Very disappointing article.

Such a cover for yet another rehash of stuff we already knew. 99% of the article is old. They even use screengrabs of the 7 month old E3 trailer.
I agree, it's all repeating/re-confirming information we all know, but I don't see that as a problem. It's a nice comforting read, and the fact that this article was made is perhaps more important than what was included in it. With that, GT5 presence at the Belgium Motor Show 14th - 24th Jan, and the GT Academy...marketing is ramping up.

Back