Birthday exploit version 2.0

• Thread starter dabien
  • 464 comments
Having made some use of the "trick" for some expensive wheels I gave up on this as you don't actually delete your account when you remove it from your PS3.

I was trying to get some variations in colour on the C2 Corvette to choose from. I wanted to get the real colours for the car rather than PD's pathetic painting option. If PD had given us more than one colour of each car in the Used Dealer I would not have even bothered to try this. I managed a Red, White and Blue (in addition to the Black in the showroom) and of course lost the majority of them in the problems. I currently have a nice blue C2 waiting to be sent after midnight assuming that things are OK then.

Now, either the Gifting problem people have been having is PD trying to stop this Birthday Trick or it is a real problem caused by the Birthday Trick.

I suppose time will tell whether it is PD trying to stop the thing and in so doing have lost genuine gifts that people have been sending or else the inreased load caused things to grind to a halt.

they didn't fix anything.

People just have a really hard time following on screen directions... It still worked for me this weekend... the only way it wouldn't work, is if they removed the Birthday Cars from the game completely.

As a side note, instead of gifting the car you get from the ticket, Gift the ticket... and then you can still gift a car.

You should only do this exploit if you are in dire straights, or if you just don't have the patience to play the game anymore...

I personally find it more annoying to do than playing the game... so I have only done it for 3 or 4 specific cars, and then stopped.

You can't seem to be able to gift more than 1 care per day per account. You should still be able to receive more than one car though from differet people/accounts. Not sure though.

I know how to. You send the car an when it says operation complete DO NOT HIT OK. Exit the game an return , it should have sent it but didnt count it so you can do it over an over.

they didn't fix anything.

People just have a really hard time following on screen directions... It still worked for me this weekend... the only way it wouldn't work, is if they removed the Birthday Cars from the game completely.

As a side note, instead of gifting the car you get from the ticket, Gift the ticket... and then you can still gift a car.

You should only do this exploit if you are in dire straights, or if you just don't have the patience to play the game anymore...

I personally find it more annoying to do than playing the game... so I have only done it for 3 or 4 specific cars, and then stopped.

It was changed after this past weekend.

What you did during the weekend is no longer possible it seems.

When were you ever able to gift more than 1 car a day anyway? Am I missing something here? I've only been able to gift 1 car a day from the start....

PD just get rid of the birthday car gifts already!

Why? Is it affecting your daily life?

Is my downloading a few extra cars to play in GT Life all the way up here in Canada having ANY affect on your online or offline experience with GT5?

NO! Goddamn people like you just want to whine and bitch and moan about the smallest things. I UNLIKE you, and the rest of the losers without lives, can't spend 100+ hrs grinding on one track just to afford a 20mil late 60's supercar.. I have a Job, wife, life, and commitments that all trump a video game. That being said, I'll spend an hour out of my day to create a fake account and gift myself a car that I only ever plan to use in photomode and practice.

If I took these cars online and layed foot to ass on the competition I could see your beef but I don't bother with online so your point is moot.

OH and how about this. Canadians didn't get ANY DLC cars. Nothing. How is it fair Americans, Asians, and Europeans all get stealth cars and crazy chrome paint jobs and cars I can't even access. I think this Bday exploit is a small give back considering how jipped we got based on our country of purchase.

I don't think any of this is correct, people saying you can only gift one car per account even if the save game was deleted. I tried gifting a car this morning (hadn't gifted anything yet today) and it DID NOT show up. So I don't think the issue is them fixing the problem, their servers are just messed up right now, I don't think the glitch has been fixed.

I did lose a bunch of nice cars last night after working the glitch for an hour and not checking them in my main account. Birthday haters I know what you will say and you are probably right, but Glitch lovers will feel my pain, hahaha

PD only had to make Birthday Cars Impossible to Give away, thats it ...

After all its very rude to give away something uve received on ur Birthday

The initiative they have, giving "presents" for ppl on their Birthdays is really nice, would be a shame if they completely remove this feature cause ppl keep exploiting (and yes it is an Exploit, cheat w/e u wanna call it).

And also before doing it u guys need to remember that one of the biggest challenges/thrills in GT series was and always will be Collecting car, u have no right to complain later "Oh there are just not enough events in the game" or "I wish this game lasted longer" ... By doing this B-Day thing ur throwing away like 40% of the game Challenge.

Feels boring to me, thats all

Why? Is it affecting your daily life?

Is my downloading a few extra cars to play in GT Life all the way up here in Canada having ANY affect on your online or offline experience with GT5?

NO! Goddamn people like you just want to whine and bitch and moan about the smallest things. I UNLIKE you, and the rest of the losers without lives, can't spend 100+ hrs grinding on one track just to afford a 20mil late 60's supercar.. I have a Job, wife, life, and commitments that all trump a video game. That being said, I'll spend an hour out of my day to create a fake account and gift myself a car that I only ever plan to use in photomode and practice.

If I took these cars online and layed foot to ass on the competition I could see your beef but I don't bother with online so your point is moot.

OH and how about this. Canadians didn't get ANY DLC cars. Nothing. How is it fair Americans, Asians, and Europeans all get stealth cars and crazy chrome paint jobs and cars I can't even access. I think this Bday exploit is a small give back considering how jipped we got based on our country of purchase.

Chill brother. I'm in the same boat as you and have used this exploit (I refuse to call it a glitch as it isn't) to obtain a few cars that I may be able to get in 5 or 6 years with the current amount of time I get to play the game right now. No need to get all worked up and call people who have more free time losers.

However, saying that Canadians didn't get any DLC cars is completely wrong. I ordered the Collectors Edition from EB Games and got the 6 Chrome Line cars plus the McLaren F1 Stealth and a Nascar car that were Gamestop exclusives (and therefore EB Games).

With regards to the exploit - which it is since the birthday cars themselves are not a glitch - I can see both sides. I know there are people like me who just want to enjoy some of the cars that would literally take some of us years to get. I want to take them out in my game OFFLINE and enjoy them. It isn't hurting anyone. Of course there are others who are just doing this for greed and the whole trading part. That I have issues with. Personally I have three Veyron's and I'd easily GIVE away two of them if I had anyone on my friend list that played GT5.

Anyway, I don't plan on playing online (I have LFS for that) and I don't have enough time between working 8 to 10 hours a day and would rather spend time with my wife and two year old than grind away at a game. I did that with GT4 enough.

BTW, if anyone wants one of the Veyrons shoot me a pm with your PSN ID. First two who do it AND leave a comment in my GT5 gallery (The Fish Shop) will get one. EDIT -BOTH ARE SPOKEN FOR! THANKS FOR THE REQUESTS GUYS!

Last edited:
I just spent 30 minutes playing GT5, who had more fun ?

and you tell me how many hours you need to spend on saving money for cars like Audi R8 LMS, Corvettte ZR1, SLR McLaren, minolta C88, 908, C9, 787B ect.? I am not gonna waste my time running circle making left turn all day just trying to save some money for cars that you probably gonna drive no more than 2 times. GT5 has one of the worst reward system ever made as everyone has already experienced when they've achieved lv20 and beyond. Spending days to save money for multiple multi-million dollar cars or using the birthday trick in few hours? I am sticking with the trick, because i would get more fun later on. My "30 mins" means "couple of hours or days" for you, got it?

for those whiners who do not want to use birthday trick, we paid same amount of money on GT5, we get to choose the way we want to enjoy the game. So, get over with it, open your mind, enjoy your game, stop bitching.

Last edited:
and you tell me how many hours you need to spend on saving money for cars like Audi R8 LMS, Corvettte ZR1, SLR McLaren, minolta C88, 908, C9, 787B ect.? I am not gonna waste my time running circle making left turn all day just trying to save some money for cars that you probably gonna drive no more than 2 times. GT5 has one of the worst reward system ever made as everyone has already experienced when they've achieved lv20 and beyond.

for those whiners who do not want to use birthday trick, we paid same amount of money on GT5, we get to choose the way we want to enjoy the game. So, get over with it, open your mind, enjoy your game, stop bitching.

I can't agree you more. It's seems like 2009's is the best year for BD exploit 2.0?I tired many times, 09 have 20 cars and include Benz Mclaren SLR, ZR1,LP 640,LP 670, Zonda R , Ferrari 458, Bugatti and etc. sadly,only LP670 and FT 86 can be sell, LP 670 sell price is 11,XXX , 86 is 90,000. I still trying to get SLR and 450 for test. Anyway, create 4 sub account and all set BD to 1944 is work :D, But I still want to find another great year to repeat.

Last edited:
Ok so i have a dilemma, I have a 908 on a sub account, and i tried trading it to my master and it didnt work. I then got 2 more 908's after that, and i didnt recieve any of them.

So i got one last and final 908, and kept it over night, so i could trade it today. But i have seen countless posts where people are losing cars from the trading system, so i am scared to trade this one because my 2010 BDAY account is 1 day old.

If i trade it to my master, will i lose it? Will i get it? Do i have to trade the car to another account first?

Please help me out, i dont want to lose another. haha

wow, once again you people have no life.
Creating new PSN accounts? really? Why did you even bother buying this game? you should have bought Need for Speed, where cheats are widely accepted. People like you guys make the game harder on everyone who plays the game honestly. I have a ZR1-RM, that I saved up for and earned with out grinding, I just play the game as it is supposed to be played. Is it really that difficult? If it is then maybe this game is just better than you guys so you have to cheat to make it easy. Gran Turismo was and is never easy...
Way to go and ruin it for everyone.

Creating new PSN accounts? really? Why did you even bother buying this game? you should have bought Need for Speed, where cheats are widely accepted. People like you guys make the game harder on everyone who plays the game honestly. I have a ZR1-RM, that I saved up for and earned with out grinding, I just play the game as it is supposed to be played. Is it really that difficult? If it is then maybe this game is just better than you guys so you have to cheat to make it easy. Gran Turismo was and is never easy...
Wow your point has no merit. The only thing that could ever affect you is if PD decided to give the B-day car the axe. So you're down one car... boo hoo. You act like we are wasting our time when you're the one just whining when you could be just playing the game. what's that old saying... You can't fix what?

And incase you didn't read this post here's another chance

and you tell me how many hours you need to spend on saving money for cars like Audi R8 LMS, Corvettte ZR1, SLR McLaren, minolta C88, 908, C9, 787B ect.? I am not gonna waste my time running circle making left turn all day just trying to save some money for cars that you probably gonna drive no more than 2 times. GT5 has one of the worst reward system ever made as everyone has already experienced when they've achieved lv20 and beyond. Spending days to save money for multiple multi-million dollar cars or using the birthday trick in few hours? I am sticking with the trick, because i would get more fun later on. My "30 mins" means "couple of hours or days" for you, got it?

Can you please tell me how what I do in GT5 impacts what you do in GT5? How did I make the game harder for you by using the birthday exploit a few times?

Getting some cars that I would never otherwise get has in no way made the game "easier" as you put it. It did not get me any xp or cash so I still have to race to do that. What I don't have time to do is spend hours and hours to generate $20M for a car I'd like to use in practice or photomode.

Perhaps think that some people like to play the game a little differently than you do. I personally like to take cars around the Nurburgring in TT and try to beat my best times. I also like to spend a lot of my game time in photomode. I'll do the events when I feel like it and not because anyone says I should.

The beauty about the last few GT games (full games, not GT5:P) is the flexibility it offers people in how they want to play it. The whole thing however is the prize money and reward cars vs cars that are available for purchase for insane amounts of money is a bit broken for people who don't have hours a day to spend grinding around tracks. As I've said in another post I did that plenty in GT4 but it's nowhere the extent that would be needed in GT5.

As for not having a life, one of the reasons I took advantage of the exploit is because I do have a life. I have a job that takes up 8 to 10 hours of my day, plus a two year old that I love spending time with, as well as a wife that I also love spending time with. GT5 is restricted to a few hours of "me time" a week.

So again, tell me how I impact the game for you?

And you do have a life for bitching at people who use birthday trick?
GT series was never a hard game to play with ever since I enjoyed from 1st title. Stop assuming and trying to put people down just cause you don't like to use this trick. It sure will not make you a better gamer anyhow. Everyone has different approaches to the game, some like to win, some like to collect car, while some just like to chill with friends. There's no right or wrong way of enjoying games. If you don't understand these points, you should be the one selling your games and console.

For online racing, you can always put horsepower limitation if you do not want to race with high horse power cars. I don't see how you would be ruined online racing just because people got cars for free. Unless you are one narrow-minded person. We are not taking any benefit of others. We are only taking benefit of ourself. Mind your own business, enjoy the game without whining please.

Really think this is totally unnecessary, ppl who want to do the exploit should do it, and ppl that dont feel like doing it should stick with thir opinions. Theres nothing to argue about.

Is it an Exploit ? Yes I think it is cause it is clearly not supposed to work like this. But only PD can do something about it, so lets just enjoy the game and play each one of us doing w/e we think is best/right/worthy/faster etc ... ;)

Im against it and will not do it cause i really like going trough all the hard working, playing/grinding so I can finally obtain access to the cars i want, feels more rewarding. And also cause i think doing so, the game will have a longer lifetime/appeal to me. I Waited very very long for this to come out, all of us did lol.

Last edited:
Why is this even an issue? Just gift the ticket, not the car...

Edit:

I've said it once, I will say it again as echoed by many members. Many of us have busy and demanding lives outside of video games.

I paid 60 bucks to play a racing game. I don't have the time nor patience to grind out a race for 20 million credits for one fake video game car...this is far easier and I can play the game I paid for with the cars I want. I like many others play GT5 to have fun and relax, the birthday exploit allows for that without harming anyone else.
With it I have some fake cars in my fake garage, this impacts your grinding and/or gameplay how? If you mean it makes your grinding seem tedious and undeeded, then sure...but as for impacting your life in any way other than that, nope. Move on.

Last edited by a moderator:

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

The 1% of people doing this are doing it for themselves because they have no time, and that OK... But everybody else is doing it and saturating the trading market with these once rare vehicles... I see more P4's and MKIV's than i see hondas. Shame really.

Back