Bit dissapointed with the intro?

  • Thread starter Thread starter dazzi
  • 301 comments
  • 25,326 views
This.


I've read through this thread and it's all "i'd like it if it weren't for MCR" or "MCR SUX!!!" when the song sounds good. Hitler could be lead singer, with Castro and Bin Laden doing Bass, and Kim Jong Il on the guitar, and people would like it more, only because of MCR.

I couldn't care less who made the song, the song on the second half(by MCR) does not fit.

it lacks energy, the excitement. the song doesn't get you to get involved with what's going on on the screen unlike intros from GT5P, GT4, GT3, ect.

it was just a poor choice, regardless who it was by.
 
I didn't even watch the intro, went right into the game and turned it off. ;)
 
I only saw half of it before I got into an argument with my mom over who was going to go out to the store and by propane and peanut oil. :grumpy:
 
The part with the manufacturing plant was interesting at first, but still too long. I liked the part after it, but the music wasn't that epic. They should've had the music from the official trailer from E3 2010: Soul On Display.
 
1st half of the intro is mind blowing. I think it's an artistic expression about the 21 century and the continuing industrial revolution. The whole mechanized assembly line with the enormously complicated robots accomplishing the tasks that humans used to do. I'd like to know who put that whole sequence together and if whether it was Kaz's idea or not.
 
Geez seems I'm the only person that loves that MCR song :odd: the beat is pretty awesome I say haha
 
Just MHO, but I thought the intro movie was WAY to long. Not a fan of MCR either - They have no talent and whoever signed them to a label should be shot.

I actually opted out of ever seeing that crap again in the options.
 
First time I watched the intro since I just got the game and wanted to avoid at least some spoilers.

Not a fan of MCR, but the intro was fine and I don't see why so many people felt the need to complain so much about it.

The song definitely wasn't all that grating compared to past MCR songs and I found it fine enough... the clips all worked fairly well too. Sure, not as good as GT2 intro, but not worth all the insane levels of complaining seen on here IMO.
 
Not seen any previous GT vids so was pretty impressed with the GT5 intro. Compared to what you get with other games it's very good, like a short movie rather than an introduction to a game.
 
I didn't even watch the intro, went right into the game and turned it off. ;)

LOL. I ended up doing the same.

I tried... I swear I did. Even watched for a while to see if the 1080p graphics could make it better.
 
I liked the intro - but then again, that is the first chemical romance song I have ever heard...
 
I waited years for this game so watching the whole intro was a must for me. Not what I was expecting but was pleasantly surprised.:)

It's going to be a long time before you see another GT so take the time to watch and listen. You owe it to yourself and the developers. It will be part of the GT experience which will give you miles of pleasure and frustration.👍
 
Intro was good but I HATED the music. Especially the very beginning piano music. :yuck:
The GT4 intro is still my favorite. 👍
 
I thought that the intro was fantastic. The choice of My Chemical Romance was iffy, but otherwise I really enjoyed it. I'm glad that they included the video more or less showing a rough process of how a car gets made. This is a racing game, sure, and a lot of people probably only see footage of people screaming "powerrrr!" while flogging supercars, but I think it's important to show beginning to result, if you will. Plus, I thought the Prokofiev piano sonata was really good.
 
The intro is EPIC !!! No other game has an intro with that much Quality......👍
But the US version song 👎
 
i dont like the first part of the intro with the abstract piano playing, but it shows from point zero how industry and car manufacturay plays together
 
I wouldnt ever listen to My Chemical Romance, but I thought the song suited nicely.
 
I liked the intro. Only thing that annoyed me about it was that it remminded me of this topic and the stupid complaints about the intro.
 
I liked the intro - but then again, that is the first chemical romance song I have ever heard...

Same, well first time listening it in a GT game.
 
intro is a letdown... biggest letdown, the song, second biggest letdown, that whole first half sequence with the manufacturing processes of a car. not exactly what i expected. definetely my least favourite intro of the entire series. the piano song suits it because it is fast paced and the video is obviously not running at a normal speed. that is the first song i have ever heard from my chemical romance and will be the last, unless they use another one of their songs for the ending movie. when i hear "my favorite game" anywhere, my heart starts pumping faster and i just want to get behind the wheel of ANY vehicle and mash the gas pedal. same goes for "are you gonna go my way" and "panama". those songs are forever etched in my psyche attached to motorsports. all of the other intros i have loved from the very first time that i saw them, not GT5's.
 
GT2's arcade CD intro was truly EPIC !....good thing GT5 has custom track thinghye...when i'l get GT5 i will loop Cardigans "favourite game" over and over and over again... xD
 
This is supposed to be a racing game, not a sunday drive. What's the Piano intro all about, I think the pace of the music should have been faster. The opening music on the PSP version is much better.
 
After reading this thread I thought the intro was going to be terrible, but when I finally sat down and watch it in all it's HD glory I was impressed and suitably pumped for the game. A lot of people seem to hate the My Chemical Romance track. Sure, Panama is a great track, I was well into Van Halen (with Dave Lee Roth) as a teenager but it's a bit dated now as much as it is a classic rock track.

The piano and industry first part was very well put together and to play piano like that you have to have some serious skill.

MCR and the cars in the second half felt stylish and progressive. I wouldn't buy an MCR album, but I like it enough to say I enjoyed the overall experience.

Maybe next time Polyphony can give users the option of a custom intro music track to keep everybody happy! :)
 
i ABSOLUTELY LOVE the Intro & ABSOLUTELY HATE the music*







music* = my chemical romance?! wtf! a game with such a fantastic high end of in game music, my chemical romance?! really ... after the Piano/Jazz intro ends , time for to click start lol
 
Disactivated the intro after hearing the apparently random piano notes and MCR.
Although I think the manufacturing process of the car is interesting to watch, I don't believe it fits in an intro of such an important game. Not at the level of the previous GTs. PD should learn from some of the fan-made trailers in Youtube.


 
The 1st 3 mins r ok, if a little boring but afta that I get pumped up 4 anotha 12 hrs of GT5. I don't care if it's MCR, the songs decent.
 
Loved the visuals of the car assembly, hated the god-awful piano. I know it's meant to represent bustling industry and it was cool to sit through the first time but after a second sitting it got on my nerves.

Love the 2nd half with the MCR song, definetly got me pumped up like previous GT's with Feeder and The Cardigans. I've played nothing but the Euro versions of the GT series so I'm used to the fast paced rock intros, Moon over the Castle might be the "anthem" of GT, but I've never really liked it.
 
Maybe next time Polyphony can give users the option of a custom intro music track to keep everybody happy! :)
I've been saying that we need to have the option to play any version's intro we wanted. A user option would be great too.

I have the Japanese into on YouTube cued up, and that's all I'll watch when I fire GT5 up. This version of Moon Over The Castle is simply magnificent, and is the essence of Gran Turismo, at least to many of us GT old timers. The American version can rot in Hell.
 
Back