Bit dissapointed with the intro?

  • Thread starter Thread starter dazzi
  • 301 comments
  • 25,326 views
What should i say, i don't like the song much and the first 3 minutes of the video. The last 3 minutes of the intro are okay :).
Best GT intro ever was the on of GT2 with the cardigans-song :D. The one of GT5 is not so nice but okay.
Who dislike it to much can also press the X- or the start-button and play the game :p.
 
You use to be with it, then they changed what it was, now what you are is not it :P

Yeah, I guess I am probably getting pretty old, but by that logic David Lee Roth and his spandex covered sack must have been what the 'cool kids' were into during the GT4 years. No I think it's much more logical to assume that everybody at Sony has some kind of degenerative hearing disorder and they are all becoming more and more deaf as the years go by.

I kind of wish Gran Turismo would have its own soundtrack, written just for it. So much work is put into the rest of the game, that the mixtape deal seems out of place.
 
Last edited:
the 2010 E3 and the first Night racing videos both had songs that really gave the game a good vibe!

Its disappointing the choice in music for the intro was not on par with these other two.
 
Loud crass song aside.

I get the idea that some people are disappointed because not enough super cars got the spotlight, maybe I'm wrong. But I keep hearing people wanting to see the Pagani Zonda blah blah etc.

Honestly, it must really blow for those that are only interested in these type of vehicles. There was plenty of good car porn in this video otherwise.

Slightly better quality of the intro.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7MflA0sgsg&feature=player_embedded#!
 
I think the idea of showing how the cars come "alive" from the iron ore to the final assembly is great. I think they could have expedited that a little as it is too long and certainly a bit disappointing to see a Prius being built and with a horrendously dissonant soundtrack at that.



That's more like it if you ask me, especially the part where the engine is being assembled and the pistons go in.
 
Last edited:
I cant say i like the intro myself its a racing game so I don't wish to see excavating machinery unless we get to drive them :S and then when mcr start playing it gets even worse and to think part of the money ill be paying for the game will go to them mcr losers :(
 
I have been watching the intro a few times now. (2nd part)
The music is getting used to, but in my opinion it has some nice parts:
- the first 20 seconds with the classic Le Mans cars is amazing
- the slowmotion Nascar pit crew
- the R32 backfire and R33 fighting it out Wangan style

👍
 
Good thing SECA removed all the videos of the intros etc.

I'd perfer to experience them when I pop the disc into my ps3, rather than watching some low resolution video on the internet imo.
 
I think and intro son g by Celine Dion would be an improvement over MCR lol!!!
 
Just say the video (shot but someone who apparently has Parkinson's) on YouTube. The beginning very much reminded me of the intor to LORD OF WAR, which follows a piece of metal through a production line where it is turned to a bullet, shipped out to wherever and ends up in someone, all from the bullet POV. The theme itself is kind of catchy and I've probably like it if it weren't My Chemical Romance, though I Googled the lyrics trying to find a studio-quality recording, and the Planetary (GO!) videos that are posted are all something compeltely different. Much slower, and none of the catchiness.
 
I think the concept/idea they used was good, but the execution of it wasn't their best. i agree with others that previous versions of GT have had better intros. Not a fan of the MCR song they used either.
 
the intro doesnt matter...
but personally i think its great. its all about cars! and starting the best racing game ever, with the birth of a car? thats perfect.. imo.
 
Not a fan of the MCR song they used either.
I actually like the song more than the piano piece they played over the first half. I think that if the song were by anybody else, then people wouldn't have an issue. It's just that My Chemical Romance are pop-punk emo posers.
 
I just seriously hope that the MCR-song ist only for North America.
In the past, the different regions always had a different intro song.
Why can't Japan and Europe simply get "5OUL ON D!SPLAY"? The song would just fit perfectly, though it has already been used in a trailer.
 
Compared to other Gt intro's this one is lame.
 
The intro was just stupid. The first half made no sense whatsoever (though I kinda liked the piano) and Planetary wasn't that good (though I'm not as critical of it as most, it seems). It also stretched on way too long.

This should have been the intro:


Best of these fan-made videos I've seen yet.
 
The intro was just stupid. The first half made no sense whatsoever (though I kinda liked the piano) and Planetary wasn't that good (though I'm not as critical of it as most, it seems). It also stretched on way too long.

This should have been the intro:


Best of these fan-made videos I've seen yet.


Spot on.
 
I agree with most people on here that this is the weakest GT intro to-date. I care deeply about intros; they may only be 1% of the game, but first impressions are important. A good intro can make or break your enthusiasm to play the game before you even get to the main menu itself.

The first part is better as an ending credit or GTTV segment. The second part is acceptable, but not as spine-tingling as I imagined. Probably got to do with the music (I don't hate MCR, but I don't like them either). I still hope the JP version gets MOtC as the opening song.

That said, the are a couple of scenes that made my jaw fell:
- R32 backfiring at SSR7
- LFA overtaking 4 supercars in the tunnel
- Shots of McLaren F1 & MP4-12C
- 16 Super GTs roaring thru Flugplatz
- The Elise (?) rolling over at R246 (?)

This should have been the intro:


Best of these fan-made videos I've seen yet.


That's more like it 👍 PD should watch this and be ashamed.
 
Last edited:
The intro was just stupid. The first half made no sense whatsoever (though I kinda liked the piano) and Planetary wasn't that good (though I'm not as critical of it as most, it seems). It also stretched on way too long.

This should have been the intro:


Best of these fan-made videos I've seen yet.


(video deliberately quoted and not removed, because it deserves to bee seen as much as possible)

THAT produced the appropriate reactions... I am now comfortably numb, with a silly grin on my face.

Seeing this, so great and made with so little, puts that grand "artistic" production to shame indeed.

If there were some bad decisions made during all the years this project took to come true, the one to choose that thing as the INTRO video was probably one of the worst.
 
I was thinking (besides why My Chemical Romance)... couldn't they have used The Heavy (remember the "Big Bad Wolf" E3 trailer)? I was going to blog about it, but I think for GT6 and for future GT titles- I don't care who else you have do the intro... Moon Over the Castle is required. Never mind the folks who say "I'd rather hear ANYTHING other than 'Moon Over the Castle' for an intro." Pretty poor music choice for the second half of the intro, but the video material is fairly good.

I guess if you count Gran Turismo PSP, it's two straight GTs with... so-so music choices. Even my man RACECAR had his own intro to GT PSP using the Alex Metric Remix of "Lisztomania." No more My Chemical Romance in GT. Reserve groups and artist like them for games like the Burnout series, where people care more about crashing than racing. Oh... that also reminded me of the Qore episode I saw on featuring My Chemical Romance. The voice-over asked if M.C.R. "like crashing their cars" or some crap like that. Rare I say this but, that's a face palm moment for me as a racing gamer- asking if you're more into crashing cars.

But yeah, how many pounds of weed was PD or Sony smoking picking My Chemical Romance over... a decent band or artist?
 
GT5 Soundtrack CD
2010/12/22 Release

http://www.bidders.co.jp/dap/sv/nor1?id=149364538&p=y#body
GRAN TURISMO 5 ORIGINAL GAME SOUNDTRACK / Game Music / VRCL-4011


The latest series of the popular game hot gather support from around the world, software for PlayStation 3 Gran Turismo 5 soundtrack. T-SQUARE opening song composed by volume Andou Akira] [Moon Over The Castle GT5 Version also included.

Looks like the Japanese GT5 version intro has a better music in the 2nd half of it :(
 
I loved the intro.
To be honest, I liked the first part better, with the raw materials being transformed into pieces of a car and so on...
It showcases the depth of the game...it's more than a simple racing sim, it's cars to their full extent...or whatever
 
I doubt I'll even watch the intro. I'll be pressing start non-stop to get to the game. In fact we had better be able to skip the intro.
 
For GT6 they should have a fanmade intro contest. The best intro will be chosen by Kazunori and used as the GT6 official game introduction. I've seen a couple now that are absolutely 1000x better than the one in GT5.
 
Having Played all the GT Series I think i'll Watch the Intro once with the Sound Muted then watch it again with the Sound on and see how much I can Watch before I hit the Start Button .

Gotta say having seen the Cam Recorded Version i'm not Impressed by it at all .
There again i'm not a Fan of MCR so it looks like i'll Disable the Intro in the Options Menu anyhow

Shame really because as mentioned theres more than one Fan Made Version out there that makes me giggle like a kid and get Goosebumps
 
why don't you experts go into business for yourselves and create the ultimate driving sim that will blow GT out of the water????? seriously guys....

i love some of the intro's that you guys have come up with.... they are brilliant... but every man and his dog has an opinion about this intro..... and they are mostly bad...

build a bridge and get over it! it isn't all that bad... and i imagine once you fire it up and watch it in full HD some of you may even decide that you like it... still i'm sure there will be those that will continue to bitch n moan about it until gt6 is released...

oh and the idea about a fanmade intro contest sounds awesome... but imagine what will happen when a winner is chosen and 90% of this forum decide that the worst intro won the competition???? ala sema car competition winner.... all hell will break loose!!
 
I loved the intro.
To be honest, I liked the first part better, with the raw materials being transformed into pieces of a car and so on...
It showcases the depth of the game...it's more than a simple racing sim, it's cars to their full extent...or whatever

+0.5 (I love the visuals, but I feel the MCR tune does not fit well)
:)
 
Back