Bit dissapointed with the intro?

  • Thread starter Thread starter dazzi
  • 301 comments
  • 25,326 views
Once again i have to tell to people that they haven't seen the intro yet!

Wait for the full HD version of it! that crappy 360p youtube version was poor, but i loved it, Moon over the castle is outdated!:sly:
 
the intro itself is ok, but the music is not. I mean this Classic Song which comes first...doesn't fit IMO.

my favourite intro was GT3 with Feeder - Just a day, i really love it :D
 
I liked the intro. Personally i don`t really like the music in the second part, but i think it fits well. Love the part with the 3 classic race cars racing at Nurburgring or the RX7 drifting through the corner.
 
I liked the intro. Personally i don`t really like the music in the second part, but i think it fits well. Love the part with the 3 classic race cars racing at Nurburgring or the RX7 drifting through the corner.

That is what sells the intro for me. It was all of the really great action scenes of cars. The music might have sucked, but the intro still kicks a lot of ass.
 
To be honest, I don't really like "My Favorite Game" from The Cardigans. It's a cool song and all, but (like many of my other thoughts on GT2), it's... alright. Just hope we don't get Fall Out Boy or somebody for GT6.

And who cares if "Moon Over the Castle" is outdated? It's the Gran Turismo theme whether you like it or not. Look at it this way... the James Bond movies have individual themes. However, don't you always see the little eye animation as James Bond whips out his gun and shoots as that classic James Bond theme plays? Do you hear that theme replaced with some other song? Song-wise, "Moon Over the Castle" defines Gran Turismo and shouldn't be replaced with some other song just to appease to a certain international market. Who bloody cares?

Finally, the note on a fan-made intro sounds very cool. It's a great concept only as long as the intro isn't as weird as Enthusia's intro.
 
Who cried when they saw the GT4 intro?

Me!
I'm not watching the GT5 intro until I get the game, I don't want to ruin it.
 
I thought this deserved a bump as the Japanese intro is now available. Vette_Drift posted it in the news thread



Moon Over the Castle is in and the editing in the GT5 parts is completely different.
 
I thought this deserved a bump as the Japanese intro is now available. Vette_Drift posted it in the news thread

Moon Over the Castle is in and the editing in the GT5 parts is completely different.

Why do they get to have the awesome intro and we get one of the worst bands of this generation :grumpy::grumpy:
 
Are you serious who gives a 🤬 about an intro please for the love of GOD LOCK THREAD
 
Last edited by a moderator:
So the Japanese intro features ''Moon over the Castle'' and different shots of cars driving by -> people go insane and say it's perfect, awesome, epic, whatever.

Fail.
 
Are you serious who gives a 🤬 about an intro please for the love of GOD LOCK THREAD

So expression of opinion is no longer allowed on a message board (made for such things)? We should lock a thread where people discuss how they feel about a small aspect of the game? Right.
The intro is just a part of the games presentation, and I actually enjoy watching good intros in games multiple times. So yes, I 'give a ****'. It doesn't make me think any less of the game, I still can't wait for my signature edition to arrive, I'm just a little disappointed that the intro isn't up to par with previous iterations of the game.

So the Japanese intro features ''Moon over the Castle'' and different shots of cars driving by -> people go insane and say it's perfect, awesome, epic, whatever.

Fail.

What's more 'fail' is having a band like my chemical romance introduce one of the best games this year;)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
The name of the music in the Japanese intro is Knight's Song ~GENERATION 3~, rearranged version of Moon Over The Castle

Asian version should be use this intro
 
Last edited:
This thread just shows me that there are too many people trying to be "cool" on this site.

I thought the intro was very good with the slight exception of the first part being too long. I don't care for MCR but that shouldn't make me prejudge this song before I even hear it.....
 
Last edited:
A quick point I wanted to make... who cried when they saw the GT4 intro? I shed a tear or two because it was just so beautiful (especially the operatic first part). It's still a thing of beauty in this day and age. And for a guy who rarely listens to rock music, Van Halen's "Panama" was a great song for the second half of the American version of GT4's intro.

I haven't yet seen the GT5 Asian introduction yet, so I won't comment on that until I see the full video.
 
Yes. Japanese 2nd half is better. Different footage and a fitting tune. Still a bit strange...

Now, got to go get my copy and that's the last you'll see of me for a long time :D
 
I thought this deserved a bump as the Japanese intro is now available. Vette_Drift posted it in the news thread



Moon Over the Castle is in and the editing in the GT5 parts is completely different.


Looks superb!! :) 👍 Job welcome P.D/Kaz.
 
Nothing is going to top the GT1 intro.
 
to be honest i just skipped it straight away to get playing!

i'm sure alot of people would have done the same thing. it's only an intro video, who really cares?!
 
First half of the intro is great. Second half has crap music.
 
Wished it was CG to be honest, but that may have added a few extra mill to production costs.
 
To be honest, I don't really like "My Favorite Game" from The Cardigans. It's a cool song and all, but (like many of my other thoughts on GT2), it's... alright. Just hope we don't get Fall Out Boy or somebody for GT6.


I really liked the GT2 Intro, I thought they did a great job of editing to the music.

GT4 had a great intro going and then Van Halen happened.
 
I really liked the GT2 Intro, I thought they did a great job of editing to the music.

GT4 had a great intro going and then Van Halen happened.

Hey what's wrong with Van Halen I thought Panama was awesome!

Still though THIS should have been GT5's intro :D
 
the animation was ok... the song sucked... MCR... why? :yuck:

if it had better music I would've been into it but due to the poor selection of the intro song(MCR), I couldn't get into it like I did with previous GT series.

I always looked forward to the intros in GT... kind of sad this one. :indiff:

It's really is too bad... was really looking forward to it.

why PD?, WHY MCR?!!! :banghead:

here's a proper intro...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNtmrEU9ZQw
 
Now this complaint is just damned stupid and petty. This has nothing to do with the game for christ sakes.
 
I actually like the song more than the piano piece they played over the first half. I think that if the song were by anybody else, then people wouldn't have an issue. It's just that My Chemical Romance are pop-punk emo posers.

This.


I've read through this thread and it's all "i'd like it if it weren't for MCR" or "MCR SUX!!!" when the song sounds good. Hitler could be lead singer, with Castro and Bin Laden doing Bass, and Kim Jong Il on the guitar, and people would like it more, only because of MCR.
 
Back