Bit dissapointed with the intro?

  • Thread starter Thread starter dazzi
  • 301 comments
  • 25,327 views
Absolutely no, in fact is a welcome departure from the classic racingsim intro with lots of guitar riffs and fast paced montage. It's... classy!
 
Yeah it`s terrible. Music is once again a poor choice,nice to see PD is keeping with tradition and stuffing up a great game with a bad intro made worse with horrible music!
 
He lost his passion 5 minutes before the intro-song selection had to be made. Man, that alleged "music" in the second half is just pitiful. Do we have to wear our hats backward and drop 80 IQ points to get into the spirit?

For the last time, PD has nothing to do with the music choices found in the Western versions of GT. It's up to SCEA and SCEE to choose the music that they think will work best.
 
It will probably work perfect with new GT5 Edit of Moon Over the Castle.
 
Dam! What did I miss!! Thanks Sony!!!!! :ouch:
 
Yea I wish they had picked moon over the castle and gotten rid of this ****** song they use now.
I think japanese developers dont have the balls to stay true to what made them great in the past, being unique.

The video looks ok, the scenes of the cars racing look the best, but the music really ruins it.
just watched the racing scenes again, with "Soul on Display" playing in the background and its so much better!
 
Don't care.
 
I don't give a flying duck about the intro. Will most probably watch it the first time and from there on I will skip it every time.
 
I do think it took far too long for the raw materials to be turned into a car before we saw any racing action. Most people will sit through 30 seconds of it, get bored and probably never watch the rest of it. Very out of keeping with Gran Turismo games of old.

The music's not great either, but I know that normally changes between the different regions.

Problem is this game has been built up in our minds to be this perfect shining beacon of excellence, and no doubt it will disappoint in some way. If it's only the intro video then I'll be very happy.
 
My Chemical Romance, you 🤬 suck. :yuck:👎 And shame on Sony for forcing PD to use it in the intro.
 
I had to watch the video without music, I confess...
But that was just the best intro movie I've seen in my entire life!!!!! IT'S AMAZING!!!
And I've been here since the first Need For Speed hit the PC's! (Yeah, I'm kind of old now... :-)

Really... Great intro! They really hit the spot with the car industry mixed with the cars as a piece of art (which they are!) and some great shots from the gameplay... Congrats to you PD!!!

Cheers!


PS: My opinion may change when I have the opportunity to watch it with the sound on :-(
 
I had to watch the video without music, I confess...
But that was just the best intro movie I've seen in my entire life!!!!! IT'S AMAZING!!!
And I've been here since the first Need For Speed hit the PC's! (Yeah, I'm kind of old now... :-)

Really... Great intro! They really hit the spot with the car industry mixed with the cars as a piece of art (which they are!) and some great shots from the gameplay... Congrats to you PD!!!

Cheers!


PS: My opinion may change when I have the opportunity to watch it with the sound on :-(

You may want to check out the "fan made trailers" thread. It has trailers that blow this one out of the water.
 
You may want to check out the "fan made trailers" thread. It has trailers that blow this one out of the water.
Those are fan made trailers, this is an intro movie. Big difference in their purpose, and might I just add that most of those "fan made trailers" are made with promo footage that PD put out anyway...
 
You may want to check out the "fan made trailers" thread. It has trailers that blow this one out of the water.

Those fan made trailers have the benefit of better video and sound quality (as oppose to the off-screen video and microphone captured sound of the yet to be released GT5 trailer).
 
Those are fan made trailers, this is an intro movie. Big difference in their purpose, and might I just add that most of those "fan made trailers" are made with promo footage that PD put out anyway...

Apart from the beginning scene of the car plant, the second part is just clips spliced together with crappy music. At least the fan made trailers are in sequence with the music, and good music I might add. Same purpose. I like most of the PD trailers such as the E3 2010, horsepower, and special effects trailers, just not this one. Apart from the music, even the cut scenes could of been better.

Those fan made trailers have the benefit of better video and sound quality (as oppose to the off-screen video and microphone captured sound of the yet to be released GT5 trailer).
You don't get it. It has nothing to do with the quality or sound. The music is crap, not the quality, but the artist/song choice. The quality of video has nothing to do with the choice of cut scenes they chose and how it was spliced together. Again, some of the fan made trailers gave me goosebumps, they had emotion. This one doesn't. I did like the beginning part with the factory and the ending with the GT-R.
 
I think the intro video was originally done to a different song for the Japanese version, but EU and NA Sony like to fiddle and change it for other markets... it just doesn't seem to sync well with the song... The Japanese version has always used some variant of the Moon over the Castle theme. A vocal track just doesn't seem to work.
 
I couldn't give a crap about the intro. I swear to God that GT fans seem to focus on every detail imaginable. In that case, GT5 will be disappointing yes.

I am SO glad that I haven't played other GT games. I will be having a ball with the new game, that's for sure.
 
Why is the video still on youtube an not allowed on GTplanet? :yuck:
 
the worst thing of the intro is: The no chance to see Spa in the game...
 
I think the intro had a lot of potential, but both choices of music were very poor.
 
I don't give a flying duck about the intro. Will most probably watch it the first time and from there on I will skip it every time.

But that's the whole point of this thread topic; quality music and better video would have contributed to repeat viewings. I still watch the GT5P intro play out about 1 in 5 times I fire up the game, and that's 2.5 years after I first saw it.

Speaking of that, I wonder yet again how many eager GT fans bought Prologue and the implied "coming soon" of the full game .... only to have died before ever getting to see or play GT5.

Tick-tock, Sony.
 
Maybe for Gran Turismo 6.

There are locked tracks you know. For example Top Gear track and the full Nurb weren't shown but they are 100% in.
 
There are locked tracks you know. For example Top Gear track and the full Nurb weren't shown but they are 100% in.

Did kaz said that GT5 has about 70 tracks?

I've checked the track list on the thread and says it currently has 30 tracks??
 
Apart from the beginning scene of the car plant, the second part is just clips spliced together with crappy music. At least the fan made trailers are in sequence with the music, and good music I might add. Same purpose. I like most of the PD trailers such as the E3 2010, horsepower, and special effects trailers, just not this one. Apart from the music, even the cut scenes could of been better.
Whatever they had made, whatever music they had chosen, somebody somewhere would not have liked it. They can't please everybody, just like there will be a lot of people moaning and whining about the game itself when they finally get it. Personally, I think most of the fan made trailers are unoriginal and boring, with only one I can remember standing out with some powerful "epic" orchestral music.

Did kaz said that GT5 has about 70 tracks?

I've checked the track list on the thread and says it currently has 30 tracks??
It's just the tracks available at the start of the game in arcade mode, not the full list.
 
Did kaz said that GT5 has about 70 tracks?

I've checked the track list on the thread and says it currently has 30 tracks??

yes, but he told us also 100 variations, and there are until now 86 already...
i really bet Motegi is in with his 3 variations to... the funny is that i hope we will unlock also variation of time change for the circuit with the rain feature..
 
It's just the tracks available at the start of the game in arcade mode, not the full list.

Sony please update the GT website. :)
 
Back