Black Friday Sale?

I've checked all the major retailers.......has anyone seen an ad for Gran Turismo Sport on sale during Black Friday weekend? If not, maybe it will go on sale Cyber Monday? Thanks for any positive feedback!:D

I've also been looking, Mostly at Argos though since I've had a good Black Friday experience there before and my view from the beta is GT:Sport ain't worth near £50, If I find anything I'll post it here 👍

I've checked all the major retailers.......has anyone seen an ad for Gran Turismo Sport on sale during Black Friday weekend? If not, maybe it will go on sale Cyber Monday? Thanks for any positive feedback!:D

Just buy used one if you want to save a bit.

After Black Friday, I wouldn't be surprised to see a ton of copies show up on the second hand market from people who got the bundle, but were not happy with GTS. Seems to be a pretty divisive game judging by the comments around here.

After Black Friday, I wouldn't be surprised to see a ton of copies show up on the second hand market from people who got the bundle, but were not happy with GTS. Seems to be a pretty divisive game judging by the comments around here.
I know what you mean. I have a garage full of cars but can’t race them or tune them unless I want to beat the uncompetitive AI. Online choice is limited and becoming repetitive and tedious.

I kind of get that and I know everybody's finances are different, but I spent 30 bucks on lunch and a couple beers today and they will be gone by tonight...

I just look at it like what the competition offers for the same price, Like choosing between TV's probably a poor example but, Two TV's the very same price, One is packed with features smart TV blah blah blah but no 4k, The second TV only has 4k nothing else, Most people I assume would buy the one with more features because more is usually better right?

Was $40 on amazon ~2 weeks ago. Can get it for around that on ebay. Will likely be $40 around BF but if it's not PC 2 will be $30 at bestbuy.

Still too expensive for the content on offer in my personal opinion.
Are you familiar with iRacing’s micro transaction “scheme”?

I get your point and feel ticked off about it when I don’t want to race online. But, I try to not focus my energy on that. I’m a Gran Turismo “lifer”. It doesn’t mean I don’t get mad about some of the things PD does and doesn’t do.

Are you familiar with iRacing’s micro transaction “scheme”?

I get your point and feel ticked off about it when I don’t want to race online. But, I try to not focus my energy on that. I’m a Gran Turismo “lifer”. It doesn’t mean I don’t get mad about some of the things PD does and doesn’t do.

I'm not very aware of how iRacing do things so can't really comment on it but it just stings a bit when the previous game went from over 1000 cars to what 150 or so and most of those are pure fantasy cars (probably at least half), If my previous experience of Forza wasn't so arcadey I would have probably picked that up by now instead of GT:Sport based on content and sheer variety on offer, That's not to say GT:Sport doesn't have its strong points I just can't justify retail price for what many people have likened to a prologue.

I agree @ghostrider135 it does feel like a Prologue. But much bigger than GT5p. Which, I imported the Japanese version of, costing me about 80 bucks! Then I bought the US version of. The difference is, GTS is a much better platform to build up from. Adding a traditional career won’t be difficult. I think they are trying to get the game firmly established as an online juggernaut before they start adding tangible content to really expand the game.

We’ll see where it is in a couple/few months. GT5p had a few really good updates. GT6 had lots of updates. Nonetheless, I feel your pain.

A friend of mine from high school (30 yrs ago) was just gifted a PS4. He joined GameFly and is renting GTSport. He’s as giddy as a school girl. Especially after I told him about using Motion Control, and a bunch of other tips. He’s really enjoying racing online.

I agree @ghostrider135 it does feel like a Prologue. But much bigger than GT5p. Which, I imported the Japanese version of, costing me about 80 bucks! Then I bought the US version of. The difference is, GTS is a much better platform to build up from. Adding a traditional career won’t be difficult. I think they are trying to get the game firmly established as an online juggernaut before they start adding tangible content to really expand the game.

We’ll see where it is in a couple/few months. GT5p had a few really good updates. GT6 had lots of updates. Nonetheless, I feel your pain.

A friend of mine from high school (30 yrs ago) was just gifted a PS4. He joined GameFly and is renting GTSport. He’s as giddy as a school girl. Especially after I told him about using Motion Control, and a bunch of other tips. He’s really enjoying racing online.

As much as I am hoping for a single player career mode I honestly can't see it happening, Maybe I'm being pessimistic but looking at past entries and PCars1 as examples, There just doesn't seem to be either enough Groups or cars in those groups to make it viable Lmp2, Lmp3, Group5 etc.

Also given the lack of car variety GT:Sport offers we can't do much beyond Sunday Cup as it stands, No N/A or Turbo Cups, No car Dimensions cups, No Country Cups Simply because it wouldn't be balanced enough you'd probably get maybe 1 or 2 eligible cars in each class, Unless you want spec racing single player championships you'd be golden.

£25 on UK PSN if you're a Plus member. Still too expensive for the contents of the game in my view.

N80uqPQ.png

There's also the Digital Deluxe, for €41.99.

I really feel stupid getting it for 60e. It's been what, a month since release?
All games go in a sale at some point. You just have to accept that it will get cheaper later on. I paid £25 for Caladrius Blaze two weeks before it was included in the under £8 sale. :ouch:

Latest Posts

Back