Black Friday Sale?

Welp, I caved last night and bought GTS for £25. I hope to get more than a week out of it and after that, if nothing else, leaving it in attract mode, after you've switched the race demo off, gives you a pretty good art installation to leave running in the background.

Welp, I caved last night and bought GTS for £25. I hope to get more than a week out of it and after that, if nothing else, leaving it in attract mode, after you've switched the race demo off, gives you a pretty good art installation to leave running in the background.

The attract mode "screensaver" is badass. I will wonder off to do something else and then just find myself watching it amazed.

When time allows I've played daily, probably past 50hrs now. Just about to wrap up the driving school as I've been challenging friends times. Still to do Missions and Circuit Experience.

The above are very well designed and addictive if you have a number of PSN friends, even apparently shallow events like corner challenges.

Most of my times now spent with the livery creator. Very intuitive and great to share creations with friends on the community home. Like everyone else I want more cars and tracks, but the fundamentals of the game are so much fun, it hasn't been an issue. I only tried out Karts the other night and to my surprise they're one of the best online vehicles in the game.

When time allows I've played daily, probably past 50hrs now. Just about to wrap up the driving school as I've been challenging friends times. Still to do Missions and Circuit Experience.

The above are very well designed and addictive if you have a number of PSN friends, even apparently shallow events like corner challenges.

Most of my times now spent with the livery creator. Very intuitive and great to share creations with friends on the community home. Like everyone else I want more cars and tracks, but the fundamentals of the game are so much fun, it hasn't been an issue. I only tried out Karts the other night and to my surprise they're one of the best online vehicles in the game.
I played the Beta and the Demo so I know what to expect. It will be circuit experience for me first.

I will only play it a bit at a time until Thursday though. I'm taking a week off from Elite Dangerous from then.

It's really sad... I wonder if there will be the official FIA championship in april 2018 if not enough people buy GTS :scared:. 15€... Even Duke Nukem Forever wasn't that cheap one month after release.
I payed 50€ in october for it and I though it was a good deal................. If only I knew................
You need to look at the larger market. GT Sport is going to be one of the biggest PS4 sellers from now until the end of the year. You'll see in next weeks UK charts how the deals and bundles help in one of the biggest weeks of the year.

Clearly the €15 deal is an extreme. In the UK it's £35 at most stores, I'm sure you could find it for £25-£30 if you look around. This is no different to all the big titles this Q4......especially as we move into a period where bulk sales are more important than maintaining RRP.

GT Sport will exceed GT6's lifetime sales, not only due to a bigger launch, but also far longer legs. It'll be part of Sony's bundling strategy for the next 12 months, at a time when PS4 is in its peak years. With games as a service userbase is paramount. Far more can be generated through DLC than is lost by reducing RRP.

I'm gonna be scoping out the game again. Spent $70 on the Steelbook Edition, and promptly sold it once I was done with the game; had no use for the pre-order content after playing through, ahah.

The recently announced content has grabbed my interest once again. If I can't find any deals before the weekend turns its heels, it'll be on my wish list, I suppose. :D

So is Black Friday a strictly American thing or is it a phenomenon in hte UK, France, Canada etc? Just curious as it is the day after Thanksgiving, an American holiday.

So is Black Friday a strictly American thing or is it a phenomenon in hte UK, France, Canada etc? Just curious as it is the day after Thanksgiving, an American holiday.
For some reason it's a worldwide thing by now. Most major stores in Portugal been making Black Friday promos for some years now.
Starting now Cyber Monday too :)

GT Sport will exceed GT6's lifetime sales, not only due to a bigger launch, but also far longer legs. It'll be part of Sony's bundling strategy for the next 12 months, at a time when PS4 is in its peak years. With games as a service userbase is paramount. Far more can be generated through DLC than is lost by reducing RRP.

No it won't. Sony has way to many new games coming early 2018 to waste a year's time of bundling on a mediocre game. Great games are bundled to hell and back (UC4 GT3 ex) not game's with the negativity and low reviews GTsport has. God of war and Spider Man coming early 2018 are really going to screw that idea.

Now you're just making stuff up, greatest driver of revenue is million's sold at full price. A minority of game's user base buying dlc WILL NOT generate more revenue, especially given low GTsport sales.

"According to Polyphony Digital, Gran Turismo 5 shifted 6.37 million units between its launch in November and the end of 2010."

lol good luck generating more revenue through DLC then first month sales for such caliber.

No it won't. Sony has way to many new games coming early 2018 to waste a year's time of bundling on a mediocre game. Great games are bundled to hell and back (UC4 GT3 ex) not game's with the negativity and low reviews GTsport has. God of war and Spider Man coming early 2018 are really going to screw that idea.

Now you're just making stuff up, greatest driver of revenue is million's sold at full price. A minority of game's user base buying dlc WILL NOT generate more revenue, especially given low GTsport sales.

"According to Polyphony Digital, Gran Turismo 5 shifted 6.37 million units between its launch in November and the end of 2010."

lol good luck generating more revenue through DLC then first month sales for such caliber.
GT5 was a mega hit of extreme proportions with 15m+ sales. No one is suggesting GT Sport will do those number - I am saying it will exceed GT6's lifetime sales - for all the reasons listed above. I'm pretty certain it will be well over halfway to that 6m figure by the end of the year.

Getting on for 6 weeks after release, Black Friday week, then Christmas, it's all about moving units. Right now GT Sport, along with Horizon Zero Dawn and Uncharted Lost Legacy, is Sony's key title to add value to bundles. Bundles that will generate 50% of the entire years PS4 sales in Nov/Dec. Individual units will be discounted and as a result GT Sport is currently the 6th best seller on Amazon UK as the Black Friday sales start. Bundling won't stop in the New Year, the above will all be key titles for retailers to add value to the latest Spider-Man or God of War bundle.

GT Sport had mixed reviews, but large sites like Gamespot, Easy Allies, Eurogamer all gave solid 8/10 marks. At worst it was getting 7/10's with the biggest complaint being content. After yesterday's DLC update you can already read about people picking it up who've so far been on the fence.

GT5 was a mega hit of extreme proportions with 15m+ sales. No one is suggesting GT Sport will do those number - I am saying it will exceed GT6's lifetime sales - for all the reasons listed above. I'm pretty certain it will be well over halfway to that 6m figure by the end of the year.

Getting on for 6 weeks after release, Black Friday week, then Christmas, it's all about moving units. Right now GT Sport, along with Horizon Zero Dawn and Uncharted Lost Legacy, is Sony's key title to add value to bundles. Bundles that will generate 50% of the entire years PS4 sales in Nov/Dec. Individual units will be discounted and as a result GT Sport is currently the 6th best seller on Amazon UK as the Black Friday sales start. Bundling won't stop in the New Year, the above will all be key titles for retailers to add value to the latest Spider-Man or God of War bundle.

GT Sport had mixed reviews, but large sites like Gamespot, Easy Allies, Eurogamer all gave solid 8/10 marks. At worst it was getting 7/10's with the biggest complaint being content. After yesterday's DLC update you can already read about people picking it up who've so far been on the fence.

Agreed. Its already being bundled in the UK with CoD WW2 that is sure fo be a big sellrr (interestingly COD Amazon UK rating is 3.1 with people complaining about its shorg campaign mode .......).

PS4 Pro with CoD and GT Sport is £299.99 at Amazon and similiatly in Game.

Sad thing is, given how awesome PS4 is doing. If GTsport was as great and not mediocre and as content filled as GT3 or GT5. It could have sold massively even beating GT5s first month sales and passing LifeTime sales of everyone but GT3. GTsport has EVERYthing going for it to achieve massive success sales quality content wise, PD pissed it all away.

That's a no for all of them. The best selling PS4 for Black Friday was the stand alone PS4 at 199,99. After selling out the Pro destiny bundle skyrocket in sales at 349.99. Bundling adds less value during holiday sales where games are already dirt cheap, Gtsport is what 25 Euro more or less already.

Maybe but no one cares about GT in the largest market for holiday shopping (USA) and GTsport is competing with much larger franchises for bundle sales.

Bargain bin pricing is where Gtsport belongs and will do best in, not bundling.

Stores are price matching each other. It was £35, £32, £25, £22 then £18 in last 12hrs.

Now #3 on Amazon Best Sellers and looks like it could be #1 by the morning.

For comparison Uncharted Lost Legacy £14 at #9, FM7 £24 at #12, Wolfenstein II £22 at #28, Evil Within 2 £20 at #48.

Stores are price matching each other. It was £35, £32, £25, £22 then £18 in last 12hrs.

Now #3 on Amazon Best Sellers and looks like it could be #1 by the morning.

For comparison Uncharted Lost Legacy £14 at #9, FM7 £24 at #12, Wolfenstein II £22 at #28, Evil Within 2 £20 at #48.

For comparison the other top 5 are double the price.

That's the effect of bargain bin pricing on a not even month old game, they are dumping stock.

I've checked all the major retailers.......has anyone seen an ad for Gran Turismo Sport on sale during Black Friday weekend? If not, maybe it will go on sale Cyber Monday? Thanks for any positive feedback!:D

Not sure in your part of the world but 50% off GT Sport in playstation store in UK.

I had the closed beta and the demo, and as much as I liked it, RRP was way too much for the thin content.

I held out, hoping for a bargain in the Black Friday sales. I bit the bullet yesterday and ordered from Argos.

I wouldn't be surprised if it turns up somewhere for £15 over the weekend, but any price sub-£20 has to be worth it.

And there's still Cyber Monday to come, who knows!

The bundle with the DS4 was the best way to buy it at launch, I effectively paid £25 for the game. Still happy with that :)

Back