BMW M235i coming soon to GT6?

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 91 comments
Germany
Germany
A friend of mine who works at BMW has received a message via email some times ago.
I posted the picture few months ago. This is not an April fool's joke!
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/gt6-news-discussion.260299/page-208#post-9072046

gt6_bm10.jpg

I thought to myself since there is nothing new in the last weeks about gt6 I open the thread ;)

I highly doubt it.

We know PD works to decidedly old-fashioned standards, I really don't think they'd like to leech off of another studio.

And anyway, I have no idea whether you can transfer data from one generation console to another without entirely rebuilding the asset.

Last edited:
The language used in that piece doesn't seem like a legitimate BMW publication and I cannot help think that they wouldn't justify the text in formatting terms.

Maybe that is me overthinking this.

Heh, funny they describe it as "product placement". Describes exactly what that DLC was. It wasn't for our benefit primarily, it was for BMW to advertise the car. I fear this is what GT has become, an advertising and promotion tool for the manufacturers.
Wow. So GT really isn't a game anymore, sad...

Heh, funny they describe it as "product placement". Describes exactly what that DLC was. It wasn't for our benefit primarily, it was for BMW to advertise the car. I fear this is what GT has become, an advertising and promotion tool for the manufacturers.
What? It has ALWAYS been this way.

Why are your posts always negative, I fear this, this is horrible that.

What? It has ALWAYS been this way.

Why are your posts always negative, I fear this, this is horrible that.
There's a big difference between Kaz and PD choosing what cars to put in the game and manufacturers benefitting from this, and manufacturers coming to PD and saying," include this car and that car here's some dough". The difference should be obvious.

There's a big difference between Kaz and PD choosing what cars to put in the game and manufacturers benefitting from this, and manufacturers coming to PD and saying," include this car and that car here's some dough". The difference should be obvious.
Y'all come up with crazy stuff. I hope you actually understand everything you just said in your post.

You're right; for the marketing tie-in, that's got to be what it was all about, on both sides of the fence. But it's also about being part of the local movement of the zeitgeist (very superficially like seeing a movie when everyone else is) and also alsø just "experiencing" what actually was an interesting car for people who like cars, on several different levels, individually or in some combination.

Whilst your fear is a genuine one, and one I share, I don't think it's the dominant force in the creative process at PD just yet. Plus it kinda was always a benefit to manufacturers, having their cars in the games. The trick is maintaining the balance, I guess; not that I know what exactly needs to be balanced, much less how to do it.

Didn't someone posted that same letter a while back? This isn't new.

And I agree with Master Kenobi. These aren't the BMW's we want. Honestly, I'm done with GT. But I'll keep an eye on it in case things change for the good, and GT goes back to being a game; the game it used to be in the PS1 days... hopefully.

Yes, because 1200+ cars just isn't enough, I would prefer that they spend their time finishing the game first before adding any more cars that we won't have anything to do with.

Has any other game got the C7 Corvette yet? Or is it just GT? I think it is cool that we get the FT-1 and the M4 before others, but others get cars we don't have or will not get. It will be nice if all the game devolopers shared the car roster, I mean they do have the same cars on alot of the games, but it's those certain ones where I be like, I wish GT can get that on our game. The more cars the better for all of us if you ask me. Unity!

Y'all come up with crazy stuff. I hope you actually understand everything you just said in your post.
I thought it was fairly obvious that's why I didn't get too wordy. If you need a hand getting all the nuances give me a shout:tup:

The trick is maintaining the balance, I guess; not that I know what exactly needs to be balanced, much less how to do it.
Yes, that's it of course, maintaining the balance. I like the VGT concept, I think it's groundbreaking and a tremendous opportunity for us fans and manufacturers and of course for Kaz and PD. The more attention the game gets the better it is for all of us - potentially. But a balance must be struck. Real cars that fans and Kaz want in the game should take preference to VGT and other "specialty" type cars, after all, that's why most of us buy the game, to drive our dream cars and beaters alike. Fantasy cars have their place, but I don't want to see them eating up a substantial portion of the modelling effort from PD. I wonder if they bit off more than they can chew with this VGT project and it has something to do with why we aren't seeing any regular DLC.

Where the balance lies I don't know but I can tell you that if we receive only VGT for the next few months I'll be mighty disappointed. Even a 50/50 split of real/VGT is too much IMO. 2/1 - 3/1 real/VGT is about right for me.

Back