BMW M235i coming soon to GT6?

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo 6' started by Thom Lee, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Thom Lee

Thom Lee

2. Squach240

Squach240

Interesting. It's been sometime since that post.

I can see the negativity flooding this thread this evening.

3. ildd

ildd

This was published well before the launch of the game. Nothing new here.

4. Squach240

Squach240

actually a week after the launch, not before. ;)

5. Inb4 M235i DriveClub trailer

KilzoneStrife likes this.
  6. KilzoneStrife

KilzoneStrife

Interesting. .
    Driveclub had a trailer for it since last year. I wonder if this means their sharing developmental assets between studios?

Normalaatsra likes this.
  7. I highly doubt it.

We know PD works to decidedly old-fashioned standards, I really don't think they'd like to leech off of another studio.

And anyway, I have no idea whether you can transfer data from one generation console to another without entirely rebuilding the asset.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2014
  8. Mustangmiha

Mustangmiha

I didn't know how ugly M235i was until I googled it.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2014
  9. smskeeter23

smskeeter23

10. Scuderia Paul

Scuderia Paul

The language used in that piece doesn't seem like a legitimate BMW publication and I cannot help think that they wouldn't justify the text in formatting terms.

Maybe that is me overthinking this.

11. Samus

Samus

Heh, funny they describe it as "product placement". Describes exactly what that DLC was. It wasn't for our benefit primarily, it was for BMW to advertise the car. I fear this is what GT has become, an advertising and promotion tool for the manufacturers.

12. OriginalCheezIt

OriginalCheezIt

Long as it means we get cool new cars, I don't care :tup:

13. TokoTurismo

TokoTurismo

Wow. So GT really isn't a game anymore, sad...

14. Samus

Samus

In a sense yes, it means we still get cars, but we only get the ones the manufacturer wants, not what PD wants to include. If they're all busy modeling product placement cars they aren't able to model other cars that they might want.

twitcher, e30 freek and VXR like this.
  15. Squach240

Squach240

What? It has ALWAYS been this way.

Why are your posts always negative, I fear this, this is horrible that.

SnakeOfBacon, Streeto and Tenacious D like this.
  16. Johnnypenso

Johnnypenso Premium

There's a big difference between Kaz and PD choosing what cars to put in the game and manufacturers benefitting from this, and manufacturers coming to PD and saying," include this car and that car here's some dough". The difference should be obvious.

LVracerGT and twitcher like this.
  17. Squach240

Squach240

Y'all come up with crazy stuff. I hope you actually understand everything you just said in your post.

Tenacious D likes this.
  18. MOTORTRENDmitch

MOTORTRENDmitch

You started your sentence with Y'all... Don't get to far ahead of yourself. @Johnnypenso is probably spot on - correct. Gran Turismo is a marketing tool just as much as it is a racing game. Look at the C7 Launch.

LVracerGT, twitcher and Johnnypenso like this.
  19. Samus

Samus

How else do you think product placement works?

MOTORTRENDmitch likes this.
  20. Cosbuster

Cosbuster

Are you sure :confused: Haven't seen any lately .

21. TokoTurismo

TokoTurismo

Despite that, we did get the Toyota FT-1 and BMW M4. Maybe those are good examples? :)

22. Griffith500

Griffith500

You're right; for the marketing tie-in, that's got to be what it was all about, on both sides of the fence. But it's also about being part of the local movement of the zeitgeist (very superficially like seeing a movie when everyone else is) and also alsø just "experiencing" what actually was an interesting car for people who like cars, on several different levels, individually or in some combination.

Whilst your fear is a genuine one, and one I share, I don't think it's the dominant force in the creative process at PD just yet. Plus it kinda was always a benefit to manufacturers, having their cars in the games. The trick is maintaining the balance, I guess; not that I know what exactly needs to be balanced, much less how to do it.

twitcher, Ridox2JZGTE and HuskyGT like this.
  23. HuskyGT

HuskyGT

Didn't someone posted that same letter a while back? This isn't new.

And I agree with Master Kenobi. These aren't the BMW's we want. Honestly, I'm done with GT. But I'll keep an eye on it in case things change for the good, and GT goes back to being a game; the game it used to be in the PS1 days... hopefully.

24. MustangManiac

MustangManiac Premium

Yes, because 1200+ cars just isn't enough, I would prefer that they spend their time finishing the game first before adding any more cars that we won't have anything to do with.

25. vr6cas

vr6cas

Has any other game got the C7 Corvette yet? Or is it just GT? I think it is cool that we get the FT-1 and the M4 before others, but others get cars we don't have or will not get. It will be nice if all the game devolopers shared the car roster, I mean they do have the same cars on alot of the games, but it's those certain ones where I be like, I wish GT can get that on our game. The more cars the better for all of us if you ask me. Unity!

26. TokoTurismo

TokoTurismo

NFS Rivals has. :sly:

[​IMG]

forzaturismo likes this.
  27. Johnnypenso

Johnnypenso Premium

I thought it was fairly obvious that's why I didn't get too wordy. If you need a hand getting all the nuances give me a shout:tup:

Yes, that's it of course, maintaining the balance. I like the VGT concept, I think it's groundbreaking and a tremendous opportunity for us fans and manufacturers and of course for Kaz and PD. The more attention the game gets the better it is for all of us - potentially. But a balance must be struck. Real cars that fans and Kaz want in the game should take preference to VGT and other "specialty" type cars, after all, that's why most of us buy the game, to drive our dream cars and beaters alike. Fantasy cars have their place, but I don't want to see them eating up a substantial portion of the modelling effort from PD. I wonder if they bit off more than they can chew with this VGT project and it has something to do with why we aren't seeing any regular DLC.

Where the balance lies I don't know but I can tell you that if we receive only VGT for the next few months I'll be mighty disappointed. Even a 50/50 split of real/VGT is too much IMO. 2/1 - 3/1 real/VGT is about right for me.

eSZee likes this.
  28. eSZee

eSZee

??? Why would it mean that?

29. vr6cas

vr6cas

Yea go figure, EA gets something we had first, but they want to hold on to they certain cars they won't share. Kaz should play the game to, what if he said nobody gets GTRs or the M4. I hate EA. My son wanted to go and see need for speed, I said nope, will not support them.

forzaturismo and Nomadpt like this.
  30. Squach240

Squach240

No worries, lad. It's a video game forum. :tup:

Azure Flare likes this.