BMW M3 (E30) 1985Done (GT7) 

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 270 comments
I learned how to drive in my dads E36 and took my License test in his E30 M3 and absolutely want this car in game. My Dad still has his E30 stored away and i've been trying to get it from him for ten years and he won't budge but he did say he'd never sell it. I'm going to try and buy the car until he kicks the bucket and then i just have to make sure i'm the one who gets it in the will.

I learned how to drive in my dads E36 and took my License test in his E30 M3 and absolutely want this car in game. My Dad still has his E30 stored away and i've been trying to get it from him for ten years and he won't budge but he did say he'd never sell it. I'm going to try and buy the car until he kicks the bucket and then i just have to make sure i'm the one who gets it in the will.
Nice in my country E30 M3 cost about 100k usd which is quite expensive,but 320,325,318 is very cheap

dont really know why everyone loves this car so much, but yeah sure, i would like to see it in the game

more is better

Nice in my country E30 M3 cost about 100k usd which is quite expensive,but 320,325,318 is very cheap
Up until that last few years the E30 M3's weren't to bad as far as price goes but finding one in good shape is another story, most people beat on them and drove them the right way but my dads is in near perfect shape. The price has shot up like crazy on them lately and i'm glad my dad didn't sell it like most people do these days.

dont really know why everyone loves this car so much, but yeah sure, i would like to see it in the game

more is better
If you've ever driven one fast you'd understand why the car is so loved the car was ahead of it's time in the way it drove.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you've ever driven one fast you'd understand why the car is so loved the car was ahead of it's time in the way it drove.

oh right, one of those cars. well the only car i have driven is a Hyundai getz and a Toyota yaris, dont think ill be touching an M3 any time soon XD

Honestly, I was surprised to see this has the most likes. Why do so many people like this car? To me, the car looks old and outdated (but not in a good way like classics) like most cars from the 80s and 90s (In my opinion). What makes this car so special? What am I missing? The straight 6 or what?

It's not a straight 6, for me what makes this car special is the feel of the drive the sound of the engine and the lines on the body nothing else matters

It's not a straight 6, for me what makes this car special is the feel of the drive the sound of the engine and the lines on the body nothing else matters
I see. So I guess the majority of voters are those who first found out about this car when it was released or around that time.
I'm not old enough to remember cars like these; I'm almost 20 so most of my favourite cars are post 2005.
And I apologise for my inaccuracy with the engine as I've just looked it up. I just assumed all M3s pre V8 were I6s and I think that engine was pretty popular.

It's ridiculous that the whole M3 range isn't in the game, when we have virtually every GTR made (except Z-Tune, which should be added). I'm a little biased, but the M3 is one of the most legendary sports car nameplates, and to have such obvious omissions reflects poorly on GT.

E36 M3 should be included, along with premium E46 M3/CSL/GTR

I like my 325i E30 Coupe and feel it's 80% of experience for 20% of price. But M3 E30 is the holy grail and it just deserves to be in GT.

What a surprise that E30 is running away with a landslide of votes, easily dwarfing insignificant cars such as Supra MkIV..

Well, maybe that's simply because the E30 is loved more than the Supra.

But don't worry, PD doesn't care about this kind of votes. Alas, I'm still voting for it, though …

Last edited:
I like my 325i E30 Coupe and feel it's 80% of experience for 20% of price. But M3 E30 is the holy grail and it just deserves to be in GT.
This is what Car and Driver said about it when it came out, granted, now you can get a 325is for ~$2-5k, and an M3 is closer to $20k. - http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/1988-bmw-m3-road-test-review
"Although I dote on the kick-ass, cocoa-butter smoothness of BMW's 325is, its 27-grand tariff seems a little pricey. And yet another seven Gs seems a mere pittance to pay to OD on the M3."

Back