BMW M3 (E30) 1985Done (GT7) 

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 270 comments
I don't understand the enthusiasm of many people for that car? Its not beautiful looking, other cars sounds better and the modern M3 are quicker?
Enthusiasts argue it is one of the last 'proper' M cars due to lightweight and is raw nature.

I don't think it even has abs. I could be wrong.

How ever... would it be in GT6, the car would have ABS, and with race slicks, it would lose its "raw" nature. I say not no, to that car, but they are many I m waiting stronger for them!

Only if you choose to run abs. But I was talking about why people have enthusiasm for the real steel.

Trust me. I'm sure a maxed out 500bhp version would be a riot on RH's. With full weight reduction it should be close to 1000kg. If not less?

Every single car in GT6 has lost it's "raw" nature. As for the car, the e30 M3 is just about as perfectly balanced a car you could want, something the modern day BRZ/FR-S has tried to reproduce. At ~200hp they are not necessarily quick, but it is the perfect amount of power to push your own limits as a driver while exploring the limits of the car. The people that want this car in the game are likely not going to be running it with Racing Soft's, but will more likely compete in the 450-500pp range with Comfort or Sport tires, to try to replicate as close as possible the feel of really driving one. I have tried Forza 4 at a friends house and was happy enough just being able to build one similar to how mine is, but as a long time Gran Turismo fan I would really like to see it come to GT6!

Love it and I also wish I could vote more than twice. I would love to add a stripped out E30 or E36 325i track day car to my growing garage ..I can hear the sweet exhaust note already ...music to my ears.

all%204%20M%20powers%20bmw.jpg

I don't find this car interesting to drive with Assetto Corsa's physics, never mind what it would be like with GT's physics. To each their own. :)

I don't find this car interesting to drive with Assetto Corsa's physics, never mind what it would be like with GT's physics. To each their own. :)
What's wrong with it in AC?

(never played, genuinely interested in how it handles on this highly acclaimed new sim?)

Nothing wrong with it. Just with the rather tall gearing and narrow power curve I don't find it very exciting to drive. I'm sure some people love it.

I was more interested in the handling side of things (with your GT academy experience it would be a great insight)

I drive a 170bhp civic with the B18 engine from the integra type r. In real life it's more than quick enough for the roads and lots of fun. The DC2 on GT6 feels very slow and boring in standard trim.

Even 300bhp feels slow on a game. In real life it doesn't.

All cars feel a bit boring, in terms of outright speed on computer games, if you ask me.

So how does it handle?

It's a well balanced car and you can really feel its lightness. If you manage to slide it it's very predictable.

If it was in GT6 I would imagine it would be less interesting than it currently driving a 86 GT on sport hards.

Seems obvious, anyone who looks at the car requests (sorted by number of votes) will see this thread.

:lol:

600+ votes, next up apparently only has 300+.

I anticipate it, unless BMW has overpriced the license, to be possible that this car make an appearance.

Indeed. Quite obviously got the most interest. Will be interesting to re what DLC comes over the next few months. It's a waiting game now, even if PD started on it today.

I love the M3 in Project C.A.R.S., the handling is so well balanced. Although the game represents a Group A car with 300 hp, I would love to start off with a street version.

I seriously hope this, the premium supra and the sierra cosworth makes it. I'm seriously sick of seeing "f50" "we need hypercars" "ooooo supercars how I want to wank all over you".

The game has enough super cars in my eyes. They should focus on cars that the majority of players can actually drive. I wish I could vote the bimmers a thousand times.

I wonder if part of the reason we have not seen the e30 M3 yet, is maybe it holds a special place in Kaz's mind, and he doesn't want to put it in the game until the game meets his standards. He was 19 when the car came out, and we all know he is a very serious car enthusiast, so for him to not know how special the car is is simply not possible. On the Kaz documentary there is a scene of him walking around the BMW Welt Museum, so I have hope that would spur some interest to bring some more classic BMW's to the game!

I seriously hope this, the premium supra and the sierra cosworth makes it. I'm seriously sick of seeing "f50" "we need hypercars" "ooooo supercars how I want to wank all over you".

The game has enough super cars in my eyes. They should focus on cars that the majority of players can actually drive. I wish I could vote the bimmers a thousand times.

You should go to the Nissan and Toyota section, they have a lot of those kind of cars...

-.-

I don't understand the enthusiasm of many people for that car? Its not beautiful looking, other cars sounds better and the modern M3 are quicker?
That's your opinion. My opinion is that the R34 is the bestlooking of the Skylines. That and the '70 Skyline (KPCG10), so let's get rid of all the others. Not that anyone would notice, because after all, there are "only" around 40 "different" Skylines in the game (not counting the newer GT-R's or the raceversions)

In fairness, I think the E30 is a car that many people can relate to. Like, I have an Impreza... I can relate to Imprezas, and I like them. I'm sure most people can relate to the E30, given their incredible heritage, reputation, and - let's face it - the awesome 90s DTM videos from Nürburgring. I mean, since we have Nordschleife, we should seriously have the final 90s DTM car to have it (the full DTM series) in the game. Then Opel vs. Mercedes vs. BMW vs. Alfa Romeo can finally happen... Although I wish we had the Lotus Carlton/Opel Carlton DTM...

Basically, the fourth/missing link would be nice to have...

We have the cars for the 1994 season and the 1991 season...

1994:

-Alfa Romeo DTM
-BMW M3 E30 DTM
-Mercedes Benz 190E Evo II DTM
-Opel/Vauxhall DTM

1991:

-Opel (Lotus) Carlton
-BMW M3 E30
-Mercedes Benz 190E

Seriously.

Then Opel vs. Mercedes vs. BMW vs. Alfa Romeo can finally happen... Although I wish we had the Lotus Carlton/Opel Carlton DTM...

Basically, the fourth/missing link would be nice to have...

We have the cars for the 1994 season and the 1991 season...

1994:

-Alfa Romeo DTM
-BMW M3 E30 DTM
-Mercedes Benz 190E Evo II DTM
-Opel/Vauxhall DTM

BMW never competed in the Class 1 days of the DTM, it was only Alfa, Mercedes and Opel that competed.

Back