BMW M4 Coupe Super Lap

• Thread starter Jahgee
  • 376 comments
Yeah, all good mate. I noticed yesterday that the car sound has improved drastically. Today I was catching up on some earlier races and had the TV volume set at the usual 20 and it was fine for racing. Previously I needed the volume up over 50 when playing just to be able to hear the exhaust to know when to change gear.

Yea, I thought I noticed the same thing myself, but just wasn't sure if it was my imagination or the real deal. :lol:

If the fastest guys always would use AS, they would achieve their goal in less time, you can bet all your money there and I know you know that, why do you think I was 1st world ranking along the last week of the GTA 2012 (online stage)? I know where are my flaws, using AS in GTA 2012 helped me to almost achieve my dream, but you know what, if I would have finished first I could have known I achieved nothing because the second wasn't using AS and I was using an aid and we weren't competing in the same conditions.

But you can match times without it... as you say, it just takes a bit longer. Impossible to match a SRF time with no SRF, the margin is too big.

I haven't tried ABS off in GT6 yet, if it's a little better than in GT5 it will be a great step forward, ABS off in GT5 was a nightmare.

It's not a little easier, it's a LOT easier - at least on cars with non-racing brakes and the with the GTeye pedal spring.

However, until we get down to some proper TTing I have no idea if it will be faster or not - just adds a bit more enjoyment for what is a boring career mode against the AI :lol:

Spent a solid 3 hours on this TT today after not touching it for the good part of two days. A better PB is beckoning but just can't seem to put together all my best sectors (corners even) in one lap. Hung around the mid to late 2.08's for the last hour of the three which is in the ballpark for a PB. At least my times are getting consistent :lol:

I went back and completed the Novice, National B and National A races and received the prize cars, but I still cannot enter the International B races.

Any clues why this is? The International B race has the lock showing on it.

You cannot tune the loan car but once you get bronze you win the car, and you can tune that car.
That is a very late reply to my post :lol:. When you finally jump on the TT you'll quickly establish that PD provides you a stock M4 to do the event in.

Anyone still trying to better themselves on this? Probably won't spend too much time on this today if any. I don't think a lack of sleep will promote faster times!

That is a very late reply to my post :lol:. When you finally jump on the TT you'll quickly establish that PD provides you a stock M4 to do the event in.

Anyone still trying to better themselves on this? Probably won't spend too much time on this today if any. I don't think a lack of sleep will promote faster times!

I know, I thought you probably had it figured out by now! But I thought, what the heck, there might be someone out there suffering from a lack of info. It's hard to sleep when you think there is someone suffering on the internet :)

Also, my wife has kicked me off the PS3 so she can watch some TV, so I am killing time in the forums rather than mow the lawn.

I went back and completed the Novice, National B and National A races and received the prize cars, but I still cannot enter the International B races.

Any clues why this is? The International B race has the lock showing on it.
May be a silly question, but did you do the License test in the "National A" events?

Ask Dalone, he is the only one that I know of for sure that uses the DS3, and admittedly, he is pretty good with it.

Careful Cargo, people will start to talk about us.

Regarding golding using a DS3, don't think I can give you any advice which would be different to anyone else, regardless of what they drive with.
Many suggest watching how the top guys do it, especially how they approach the corners, the line they take, as well as when they brake.
I use the handbrake a lot to get around corners, always have and I find it helps a lot. Good luck, or better still, keep practising.

I don't like the ghost business here at all. You can't just have your own ghost to follow, unless you have no friends.

Careful Cargo, people will start to talk about us.

Regarding golding using a DS3, don't think I can give you any advice which would be different to anyone else, regardless of what they drive with.
Many suggest watching how the top guys do it, especially how they approach the corners, the line they take, as well as when they brake.
I use the handbrake a lot to get around corners, always have and I find it helps a lot. Good luck, or better still, keep practising.

I don't like the ghost business here at all. You can't just have your own ghost to follow, unless you have no friends.

Just giving credit where credit is due, that's all. 👍 By the way, I am experimenting with ABS 10 right now. After I started using it, I looked to see if anyone else was trying it, and looks like my friend Twissy is using it too. Only made a few runs so far with it, so too early to tell yet. Most everyone is using SRF, so I just figured might as well make it a driving aid free-for-all. :lol: Next I'll try active steering. :lol: Hell, for that matter, I might as well have someone else more talented drive for me and call that aid "Auto Alien Pilot" :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Anybody have some good advise on how to get gold on this one? I'm using a DS3.

If you know the track it shouldn't be too difficult. It's a challenging track for me and it look me about 5 tries with the DS3 to gold it.

I don't recommend using the handbrake though. :lol: The cleaner you are the faster you are.

Last edited:
May be a silly question, but did you do the License test in the "National A" events?

Like I said, I went back and golded all the licences, at least I thought I did. Turns out that at the bottom of the page of the Nat A events was the final licence test, I mistook it for some other races.

So thanks Nitro for the heads up, wasn't a silly question after all. Just couldn't see the bloody forest for all the damn trees.

And replying to Archie regarding use of the handbrake, I don't see it as dirty, just as a useful tool to be used when wanted. Works for me anyway.

Had a 2.07'8xx lined up after the third timing point but just had to have an average chicane and last corner (ended up with a 2.08'2xx). The rest of the lap was pretty sweet i.m.o. but not sweet enough for a 2.06 yet :lol:

Now at 2:09.4 slowly starting to understand the track. Looks like the best way to turn the car is with no brake or gas.

SRF helped me a heap went from a 2.13.6 to a 2.08.8. I like this car more now

The difference SRF makes is enormous. I forgot to turn it on during one of my earlier runs at the start of this TT and I was wondering how I couldn't even get close to p.b. I set the day before.

By the way did the deadline for this event just get extended to next month? I initially thought it was going to end around Christmas day for most of the world.

think they did. Im not that far away from you and bandit I lose time in the first couple of turns and stick with you guys until the end

think they did. Im not that far away from you and bandit I lose time in the first couple of turns and stick with you guys until the end

Yeah this circuit is deceivingly simple but it's actually quite technical once you're pushing for tenths. I hope they give us a fixed car TT where SRF is forced off in the future.

Holy understeer batman! Feel like I'm driving a school bus without TC, SRF, and ABS.

You should try the Mario Andretti Hudson in the other seasonal!

Had a bit of time to mess around with this TT today. Went 0.001 seconds faster to a 2.07'979 :lol: There's 3 tenths left in there somewhere if I can string all my best sectors together so it's nice that they extended the rankings registration till the middle of next month.

They won't be your friends for much longer now. :lol:
lol you mean they're going to get offended or because they're too far off? They're casuals, except for a few. They know they're not great. I only have 2 proper GT players and I still beat them. The other 4 or 5 aren't into racing, just the cars.

lol you mean they're going to get offended or because they're too far off? They're casuals, except for a few. They know they're not great. I only have 2 proper GT players and I still beat them. The other 4 or 5 aren't into racing, just the cars.

Yes, your friends might get offended. :lol:

Send me a friend request if you would like more mates 👍

Back