BMW M4 Coupe Super Lap

• Thread starter Jahgee
  • 376 comments
Managed to find that three tenths I was talking about and turns out there's at least another two tenths lurking in this TT somewhere. Made a small error on the turn-7 hairpin which is worth a tenth and another on the last sector which is worth about another tenth. Down to a 2.07'644 now.

Oh and @Tidgney Why you do this D:

I was sitting comfortably on top of my friends rankings and then you had to set a lap time :lol:

y u do dis.jpg

Lol yeah a handful of aliens on my psn is plenty enough!

Haha I'm sorry I wanted a quick go just to see what the times were like :)! Don't worry though I'll only be having one more go tomorrow probably, or maybe at the weekend ;), I have to make sure I'm somewhere on a level playing field leaderboard :), as it's the only kind of TT I like (SRF ruins it slightly though :(!)! Unfortunately though it does mean I'm going for top 10 as I can definitely see a 2:06 :)!

Edit: Here's the rather scruff lap for anyone interested ;):

Last edited:
Does this TT end soon? I will probably give all of them a go tomorrow. Shame they don't show on official website the leaderboards for GT6 yet. Maybe something they will have available when they release the mobile app.

I blame Tidgney for limiting my progress in the game :lol:, got stuck on IA-4, trying to go top on my friends list on licence test leaderboards but without using ABS. It was going well on the other ones but first wet one I think and got stuck. Hopefully this TT I can do a reasonable time in. One thing I noticed is that SRF doesn't seem as effective as in GT5 when turning, only seems useful when using accelerator pedal.

Does this TT end soon? I will probably give all of them a go tomorrow. Shame they don't show on official website the leaderboards for GT6 yet. Maybe something they will have available when they release the mobile app.

I blame Tidgney for limiting my progress in the game :lol:, got stuck on IA-4, trying to go top on my friends list on licence test leaderboards but without using ABS. It was going well on the other ones but first wet one I think and got stuck. Hopefully this TT I can do a reasonable time in. One thing I noticed is that SRF doesn't seem as effective as in GT5 when turning, only seems useful when using accelerator pedal.

Lol don't blame me :P!! I hated that licence test in the wet, was horrible and annoying :P!

Lol don't blame me :P!! I hated that licence test in the wet, was horrible and annoying :P!
Yes I know, I blame myself, I know I got the margin to do it but without ABS, Pouhon becomes very hard to do well with easy chance of front and rear locking. Unlucky for me it was not horrible enough that you did another go to improve that little bit of extra time. I will see if I can beat you on this TT though tomorrow, it is dry at least, hopefully car has good balance and is also good on the brakes. Yet to use ABS on this game, trying to go without it until I at least completed the game.

Managed to find that three tenths I was talking about and turns out there's at least another two tenths lurking in this TT somewhere. Made a small error on the turn-7 hairpin which is worth a tenth and another on the last sector which is worth about another tenth. Down to a 2.07'644 now.

Oh and @Tidgney Why you do this D:

I was sitting comfortably on top of my friends rankings and then you had to set a lap time :lol:

View attachment 93877
I would now be 3rd on that list now. And it sucks im in front of you until turn 3 then its like right behind you the rest of the way

Just gonna say this is the ABSOLUTE WORST car I've ever driven in this game

Completely agree. It's awefull. You have TCS on and you don't get ANY power unless you're in a straight line. Turn TCS off (as I normally do with EVERY car) and you spin the moment you put your foot down. Absolute pump. I hate it, I hate it, I hate it!

I've tried for hours to get Gold and I'm missing out by like .1 of a second from my best time, if I'm any more aggressive I spin, if I'm less agressive I don't make it in time! GRRR!

I just had to vent. The car is a pile of crap on wheels. The moment you touch the brakes it locks up wheels at random. It won't turn into the corner at first, but then it sometimes changes its mind and transfers from heavy understeer to unrecoverable oversteer in a moment. It sometimes starts fishtailing after a slightest correction at high speed.

It can't be driven without assists. It's not a driver's car, it's a glorified sunday cruiser for people with a bit too much money. It's a disgrace for an M badge. The first thing I did after giving up on the event after ~50 laps and finding out that it was given to me as the "reward" is to sell it. If I could pay to see it being crushed, I would. I don't want to see, much less drive this abortion ever again.

I would now be 3rd on that list now. And it sucks im in front of you until turn 3 then its like right behind you the rest of the way

Getting the car straightened out as soon as possible is probably the best advice anyone can give in this TT. SRF gives you the false impression that the car still has plenty of grip but in truth all that's happening is that you're delaying how soon you can use all of that BMW's power.

Hey guys, how often are these non tuning seasonals about? I've just got gt6 and was nicely surprised to see one here straight away as in gt5 they seemed to be mostly tuning events. I don't know enough about tuning to want to enter. I like the standard ones as they give you a chance to see where you stack up in the same machinery.
I hope they have plenty more of these!

Hey guys, how often are these non tuning seasonals about? I've just got gt6 and was nicely surprised to see one here straight away as in gt5 they seemed to be mostly tuning events. I don't know enough about tuning to want to enter. I like the standard ones as they give you a chance to see where you stack up in the same machinery.
I hope they have plenty more of these!

I also enjoy these events, from memory the only non-tuning ones we've had so far are the current BMW M4 and Hudson ones. There was an event with the Mercedes-Benz AMG VGT where the PP limit was the same PP as the car but there was tuning allowed so a lot of people ended up running custom setups.

If you are inexperienced at tuning but still want to enter I'd recommend looking at posts within the appropriate thread for the event as some users are kind enough to post their tunes for others to use. I'm still really bad at tuning but spending a couple of hours messing about with a tune can give you a much bigger understanding of how it affects the car and sometimes you might want to add your own touch to somebody else's tune to make it fit your driving style.

Does anyone know how many people total have done this event so far. I'm ranked around 4000 now and my lowest ranking aside from this is about 2500. Am I actually slower on this one or has more people competed in this event than the others?

Can you guys advise on the course some more? I managed to score 2:16.157, but am looking into shaving atleast 2 seconds off that. Everything of, ABS on 1, and a buddy of mine managed in the mid 2:14.5xx. This is serious stuff.

Sure. Since others are also asking for track advice I figured I may as well just scan the track-guide from the GT5 Prima guide, which as far as the real-world circuits are concerned, should obviously still be just as accurate for GT6 as it was for GT5 and any other sim racing game out there:

Ylg8yWZ.jpg

e6MWQC0.jpg

Last edited:
Cant believe I am on like place 11.000! On hudson I am about 780!
But I like the hudson and really dont like the M3 ( its an m3 cmon, anything else is just stupid marketing) so I guess that shows in the times.

Is there any car ups for this struggle to get Bronze.

What exactly is the most challenging aspect of this for you? To be honest, if you're struggling to bronze it you may need more game time to develop your capabilities. How long have you been playing the game? If you're relatively new to it that may explain your difficulties. A lot of the TT events will be a challenge to get gold if you're new to this.

Hey people! I had done the original version of this TT, and was awarded the M4 as I had achieved gold in the event. So today, as I noticed there was no Gold trophy showing, I re-did the event, gold achieved, and got the M4 again! I like it, 2 for the price of none.

Cheers

What exactly is the most challenging aspect of this for you? To be honest, if you're struggling to bronze it you may need more game time to develop your capabilities. How long have you been playing the game? If you're relatively new to it that may explain your difficulties. A lot of the TT events will be a challenge to get gold if you're new to this.

Been drifting to much instead of holding the racing line through the corners, I toe n heal it instead!

2.11.7 but clear 2.10 in reach. Can't be bothered though, I suck at this track...

Also, useless to get a second M4 and not being able to tune/upgrade it...

(edit: nevermind wrong thread, I was referring to the new one on Willow Springs) :banghead:

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back