BMW Returns to Endurance Racing in 2018 With New M8 GTE

Wonder if they are slowly replacing the 7 series with the 8 series, using the even number trend they started recently.

I like the car overall,and I love the diffuser at the back. I just that I can't get over the paint they did for the kidneys in the grill. They look like swollen nostrils after a crack binge. Painted black or any other colors they're fine, just not red.:yuck:

That is a seriously cool looking racer. As usual from BMW.

And also mad, it's a hu-uge car! But i get what they're going for here.

Hope it does well 👍

Last edited:
Now... guessing game people: What livery will be on the Art Car this year? Will it be SLOW this time?

This M8 will replace the M6 GTLM on the weather tech series, probably the only series in the world where BMW is achieving some success with Lady6 due to regulations that fit the car very well.
I hope the German brand can be able to come out with a great project for the greatest GT3 series in the World, the blancpain.

Can't wait to drive this beauty in Project CARS 2 later on, it's a wonderful looking machine. Unfortunately it is a bit of a boat like the Continental GT. Not as sleek as a Ferrari or McLaren but it's sexy none-the-less.

Can't wait to drive this beauty in Project CARS 2 later on, it's a wonderful looking machine. Unfortunately it is a bit of a boat like the Continental GT. Not as sleek as a Ferrari or McLaren but it's sexy none-the-less.
Well, at least the Bentley is a boat with a long list of wins and podium presences. If BMW hits, at least that level, i will be here applauding.

Will this car be in the new GT Sport next month?
No. For one simple reason. There's not a model yet that any game developer can use around a track to retrieve the gazillions specs of data to be included in the game programming.
Second, no brand will give away car specs before it hits the championships and becomes competitive.
Third, notice the pattern. Every new car on a game has been on the race tracks for at least one season or more.
Will it be added? Maybe but never before a freaking long time.

Last edited by a moderator:
U WOT M8?

I like how every new car that comes out is going to have a massive trunk as an excuse to fit a ridonkulous diffuser underneath.

Will this car be in the new GT Sport next month?

How would anyone here possibly know that unless they worked for PD and were willing to expose that information...which as far as I know we don't have. This is a general comment for the new droves of members joining because of GTS and instantly thinking that somehow people know the answers to these questions.

Also what @Schmiggz said quite simply as well.

I have nothing to back this up, but I feel like the M8 is something akin to a (front-engined) LMP ala the Ford GTLM.

Looking forward to see how it performs.

I have nothing to back this up, but I feel like the M8 is something akin to a (front-engined) LMP ala the Ford GTLM.

Looking forward to see how it performs.
To me, it reminds me of the GT1 cars. "Long" GT cars(even though they're probably still close in size to the cars of today) like the 550 Maranello, Pontiac GTO, Saleen, Panoz and MC12.

I don't think BMW has ever released an ugly car throughout its history

BMW_E46_compact_front_20071104-750x500.jpg

BMW~2~Series~Gran~Tourer~(7).jpg

X1-1_1873559a.jpg

2010_bmw_5-series-gran-turismo_4dr-hatchback_550i_rq_oem_4_500.jpg

To me, it reminds me of the GT1 cars. "Long" GT cars(even though they're probably still close in size to the cars of today) like the 550 Maranello, Pontiac GTO, Saleen, Panoz and MC12.

GTO was never a GT1 car, however I guess GTE could be seen as a modern GT1 still lacks on power to really be a spiritual successor

GTO was never a GT1 car, however I guess GTE could be seen as a modern GT1 still lacks on power to really be a spiritual successor

Modern GT1 could still exist if all the modern track day specials we keep seeing came together and formed a new racing series.

Ferrari with the FXXK, McLaren with the P1 GTR, Aston Martin with the Vulcan, Mercedes with the Project One, Porsche with the 918 RSR, Pagani with a potential Huayra R. It would be a good replacement for LMP1. In a perfect world...

You'd have to balance them out and there's a debate no one wants to see; what car gets to set the bar for the rest and is it worth it to redevelop those cars to meet requirements so they're on equal field.

Modern GT1 could still exist if all the modern track day specials we keep seeing came together and formed a new racing series.

Ferrari with the FXXK, McLaren with the P1 GTR, Aston Martin with the Vulcan, Mercedes with the Project One, Porsche with the 918 RSR, Pagani with a potential Huayra R. It would be a good replacement for LMP1. In a perfect world...

How so? They're expensive, they would be just as limited to manufactures of this type, and balance of performance would be a nightmare. Everyone keeps saying this idea of using the track day cars, when in reality you don't need to do that to achieve 2000s GT1 spec. Also what you're saying is more akin to 90s GT1 than what the user I quoted was talking about.

How so? They're expensive, they would be just as limited to manufactures of this type, and balance of performance would be a nightmare. Everyone keeps saying this idea of using the track day cars, when in reality you don't need to do that to achieve 2000s GT1 spec. Also what you're saying is more akin to 90s GT1 than what the user I quoted was talking about.

I think why this idea is so popular among enthusiast is because it's more equivalent to automotive fanfiction than anything actualy based in reality. Also a lot of these track day specials are spiritual or actual successors to previous GT1 era machines, so that may play into it too.

Back