BMW Vision GT Endurance Series - Temporarily suspended - Need more drivers!Open 

• Thread starter kelrick85
  • 91 comments
Canada
Ottawa, ON
kelrick85
ZFLue_Za_Xu_Wd4_OYy_BRn_0.jpg

A racing series evolved from the preliminary test race. A battle of Black vs White (Day vs Night, Good vs Evil - Thanks for the idea @Mires ) with BMW Vision GT, held over 6 tracks around the world.

[Club Information]

BMW Vision GT Club : ID 1024237

Note: The room will be set to Club Members Only - please sign up to the club (it is a public club)

[Times]
Wednesdays. For individual round dates, see below:

Room Open: 0:00 GMT
Qualifying: 0:45 GMT
Race Start: 1:00 GMT

[Tracks]

April - Round 1 - US (90 minute endurance):

Daytona Road Course - Daytona Beach, FL (5.73 km (3.56 mi))
Sunday, April 19th

Time: 12:00
Time progression: 1 Time(s)
Weather at Start:0%
Weather changeability: 0
Surface water at start: 0%
daytona.png
Daytona_International_Speedway_Road_Course.png

May - Round 2 & 3: Asia-Pacific (350km Races)

Suzuka Circuit (2014 Layout) - Suzuka, Mie Prefecture, Japan (5.807 km (3.609 mi) - 60 laps)
Thursday, May 7th

Time: 9:00
suzuka.png

1000px-Suzuka_circuit_map--2005.svg.png

Mount Panorama - Bathurst, New South Wales, Australia (6.213 km (3.861 mi) - 56 laps)
Thursday, May 21st

Time: 18:00
mount_panorama.png

Mount_Panorama_Circuit_Map_Overview.PNG

June - Round 4 & 5 - Europe (2 hour endurance)

Spa Francorchamps - Francorchamps, Stavelot, Belgium (7.004 km (4.352 mi))
Thursday, June 11th

Time: 12:00
Time progression: 12 Time(s)
spa.png

1000px-Spa-Francorchamps_of_Belgium.svg.png

Nürburgring 24H, Nürburg, Rheinland-Palatinate, Germany (25.947 km (16.123 mi))
Thursday, June 25th

Time: 15:00
Time progression: 12 Time(s)

nurburgring.png

1000px-Circuit_N%C3%BCrburgring-2002-vs-1927.svg.png

[Rules]

Assists: All off except ABS
Tire wear/ fuel: Normal
Grip eduction on track edge: Real
Slipstream strength: Real
Boost: None
Damage: Heavy
Penalty: None

[Qualifying]

Format: Race alone
Start type: Final corner start
Time limit: 10 minutes

[Track Limits]

Partially copied from WRS guideline:

Drivers are expected to do their best to stay within track boundaries per the OLR. Mistakes happens over the course of a long race and the random off or two will be overlooked in most instances, but if a pattern of boundary abuse is observed penalties will be handed out which is 10 seconds per instance, and a DQ for "complete disregard" of track boundaries.

If you find yourself going wide then the next lap you're expected to slow down a bit more to make sure you stay within boundaries. If you make the same mistake multiple times and you want to avoid a penalty you can always self-penalize during the race by lifting for a very brief period upon returning to the track. Continuing to hammer the throttle after repeated boundary overruns may very well end with a post race penalty.

General Guidelines:
  • Contact with walls should be avoided. Wall riding/bouncing to gain time will be penalized and/or can result in disqualification. This includes pit entry/exit.
  • Rumble/ripple strips are part of the track
  • Runoff areas are not part of the track.
  • If you overrun boundaries by accident, lift momentarily to make sure you don't gain any advantage.
  • Do not complete a pass that was made possible by going outside track boundaries.
Track Specific Guidelines:
  • Red and White rumbles, gray cobblestones, and tarmac are track.
  • Do not cross the white pit-in and pit-out lines.

[Points]

Individual Points:

Qualifier:
Pole position: 5 points

Race:
1st - 25 points
2nd - 20 points
3rd - 16 points
4th - 13 points
5th - 12 points
6th - 11 points
7th - 10 points
8th - 9 points
9th - 8 points
10th - 7 points
11th - 6 points
12th - 5 points
13th - 4 points
14th - 3 points
15th - 2 points
16th - 1 point
DNF - 0 point

Team Points: Sum of the top 5 drivers from each team will contribute to the team point. The team that has the highest point is the winner.

---

More informations will be posted here when available. Please post to the thread if you have questions, suggestions! Thank you

Last edited:
Car Details and Driver List

Car

• BMW Vision GT
  • Power 569 HP (After oil change) / Weight 1180kg (Default)
  • All tuning allowed (including improving body rigidity)
  • RH tires only

Spots available - 9 ( 5 Black / 4 White)

Please sign up with your PSN name by posting to this thread.

QG9_FR7vt_RCE4_P1_Wz2_G_0.jpg

[Black Team]
1. @kelrick85 / kelrick85
2. @jammy21 / jam_my21
3. @Mikey24 / mikey_2412

qb_Nw_Pf_Su_Vxu0_Hn9_BO_0.jpg

[White Team]
1. @Mike458 / pp-123
2. @EWeinbauer / EWeinbauer
3. @RS__96__oO / RS__96__oO
4. @PaulGrey / stockerace

[Reserve]
1. @sk8er913 / ??
2. @Mires

Last edited:
Results

Standing

Driver Standing
Code:
               Team  R1    R2    R3    R4    R5    Total
RS__96__oO     W     25+5                          30
jam_my21       B     20                            20
stockerace     W     16                            16
kelrick85      B     13                            13

Team Standing
Code:
               R1    R2    R3    R4    R5    Total
Black Team     33                            33
White Team     46                            46

R1: Daytona

Qualifier
Code:
P        Driver                  Team     Time           Gap
1.       RS__96__oO              W        1:39.804       -
2.       jam_my21                B        1:40.941       1.137
3.       stockerace              W        1:44.571       4.767
4.       kelrick85               B        1:45.859       6.055

Race
Code:
P        Driver                  Team     Total Time     Laps           Gap
1.       RS__96__oO              W        1:01:24.854    35 laps        -
2.       jam_my21                B        1:02:02.640    35 laps        37.786
3.       stockerace              W        1:01:47.276    33 laps        2 laps
4.       kelrick85               B        1:01:53.363    33 laps        2 laps

Last edited:
So this time tuning allowed? Btw, it is in place because on the long straight at Nurb there is easy to hit the rev limiter on stock car even without draft by other cars. :)

I'm in, for the black team please. Well, won't be able to do all of the races, but all i will be able i'll do.

I'm in! Sign me up for the white team!
Done!

So this time tuning allowed? Btw, it is in place because on the long straight at Nurb there is easy to hit the rev limiter on stock car even without draft by other cars. :)

I'm in, for the black team please. Well, won't be able to do all of the races, but all i will be able i'll do.
Added you to the list too. Yes, the tuning will be allowed in the series. Tires are still RH only.

This is in April. I may be able to attend these, but its provisional.

Sign me up for now, please?
PSN: mikey_2412
Team: Black

I wanted to compete in the preliminary event but was too busy; I'll have to drive the car first before I think about signing up for this one.

What sort of laptimes were people getting in the prelim. event?

I wanted to compete in the preliminary event but was too busy; I'll have to drive the car first before I think about signing up for this one.

What sort of laptimes were people getting in the prelim. event?

I think we will have a test session before the series start too.

For the lap time at Nurburgring, you can look at the qualifier time in the prelim event. Note that prelim is tuning free, while series will allow tuning. You're also welcome to join the rematch too!

For the Nurburgring, I would say to make it a 3 hour race with x8 time progression to simulate a full 24 hour race. Also, will the races require rain tires or will they be all dry races?

For the Nurburgring, I would say to make it a 3 hour race with x8 time progression to simulate a full 24 hour race. Also, will the races require rain tires or will they be all dry races?

You might regret your suggestion after you find out that the headlights on these cars are less than useless. I would suggest driving it at night at any track and I will do the same, just to double check.

Right now, there is no weather change, but I can change that if majority of people wants it. I'm personally not too keen on driving in the rain, but others can also weigh in.

Edit: I just did a night driving on Nürburgring and Spa. I was wrong. The headlights did their job fine. I don't know why I though they were crap. I support night driving then 👍

Last edited:
You might regret your suggestion after you find out that the headlights on these cars are less than useless. I would suggest driving it at night at any track and I will do the same, just to double check.

Right now, there is no weather change, but I can change that if majority of people wants it. I'm personally not too keen on driving in the rain, but others can also weigh in.

Maybe have a poll on all of these options?

just ran a quick night test @ Nurb right now and i can say there are few spots where you need to drive by memory, but it is possible to drive fast and safely for majority of the circuit. But i would suggest 2h race with time progression of 12, to have it as a 24H race so the night would last for just some 3 or 4 laps, maybe only 2. But not sure of the weather change, hate to drive in real when it rains, hate it also virtually :scared: :banghead: :D

Edit: with heavy damage i wouldn't recommend the weather change, just my personal opinion. Night is ok i think.

Did a quick look on my work schedule and only involved race is the final Nurb one :( all others I can do. I'll try to change my shift on that day and maybe there won't be anything needed, but is far away from now so first things first :)

That 541hp is stock without oil change, right? Is oil change allowed?

Indeed with the oil change the power is up to 569HP (620PP). Thanks for catching the error. The info is updated.

Does anyone have a good tune for this car yet? Will be interested in testing some out (I'm a horrible tuner so I'm going to rely on others to provide me a good one).

Edit: the poll is still open, so please cast your vote if you haven't yet! (I found out there is no way to change your vote once it is casted, so be careful!)

Totally random impromptu test session open in the club lounge
room ID: CLOSED

Everyone is welcome to join. Starting out with Daytona, but can easily be changed to any course.

Last edited:
Sorry i'm at work :( cant come

No problem. I had some time so I decided to open a room just in case someone was free too. Turns out it wasn't the case, but that's okay.

I ran half of the tracks on the calendar (Daytona, Laguna Seca and Bathurst). This car handles great.

Thanks, but today I have to leave around 17:30-18:00 GMT. If it's OK and there is a free spot I'll come by for the practice period and leave when the quali starts or watch the quali and leave before the race starts.
BTW - I just realized that I have the black version of the car

Latest Posts

Back