Bonus Pack 3 is Now Available For Assetto Corsa on PC

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by neddyie118, Dec 20, 2017.

1. neddyie118

neddyie118

Now Available!!

DatNoiseV12, Corsa, j n21t4 and 2 others like this.
  2. Hmm, two lambos, two Alfas, two Massers, one Pagani. Oh come on that's not fair, we need a Zonda in this pack.

KiroKai, DatNoiseV12 and forzaturismo like this.
  3. BrainsBush

BrainsBush

688mb downloaded on Steam. I had start the download manually, auto download was set to 6:55PM? And now we're going to test!

4. Georgeagea

Georgeagea

Oh Damn Me! Thank you! I just noticed that all bonus cars are Italian!

lancia delta hf likes this.
  5. DeadHero

DeadHero

By MotoGamesTV

DatNoiseV12 and j n21t4 like this.
  6. Whitestar

Whitestar Premium

Still at work. Need some first impressions!

Edit: Everybody busy playing :D

Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
  7. GTPNewsWire

GTPNewsWire Contributing Writer

DatNoiseV12 likes this.
  8. Aphelion

Aphelion

As far as free content goes... this is pretty amazing :lol:

Rotorist, 20832, Corsa and 4 others like this.
  9. BrainsBush

BrainsBush

Only tested the Alfa's which are sublime. And watching the concept Maserati in VR is out of this world. The ODO meters are very demanding to look at until you realize you're still on track. Very special. TBH: concept cars are not my favorite but this one is an exception.

The track Laguna Seca is (also in) this sim very good!

Enjoy your work. I'm running back to my race rig :mischievous:

DatNoiseV12 and Whitestar like this.
  10. j n21t4

j n21t4

Hopefully the Zonda Cinque comes eventually.

11. j n21t4

j n21t4

Yep. Said this more than a week ago on Facebook, and stated that a British car pack should eventually come.

Georgeagea likes this.
  12. Im_Lukas

Im_Lukas

I gave each car a lap around the Nordschleife and overall I'm impressed, only car I didn't particularly enjoy was the Sesto Elemento but I'll try it again at a different track. The Quattroporte is my surprise of the bunch, I had the lowest expectations for it but would rate it as one of the more enjoyable cars in the pack. Somehow I forgot to try out Laguna Seca :dunce:.

The thing which really disappointed me was when I went in to special events to see that they've made many of the hotlap events far easier, for example to achieve gold in GRA Challenge (E30 Group A at Silverstone) used to be beat a 2:21 and now it's a 2:27. The worst I've seen is the Benchmark event (911 GT3 RS at Nordschleife) where gold used to be a 7:20 and is now a 7:44.5. Yes, some of the times before were challenging but they definitely weren't unbeatable and as someone who really enjoyed the challenge of pushing to my limit it's really disappointing that many events will now be first lap golds.

ALB123 and Gregfranklin like this.
  13. DeadHero

DeadHero

Yeah, they announced it a while ago but that idea was scrapped and we only got three british cars in the Ready to Race DLC.

j n21t4 likes this.
  14. TheNuvolari

TheNuvolari

For those who got it already how's the sounds? In the Giulia teaser the car's sound is pretty amazing.

15. Dopplegagger

Dopplegagger

I drove the 370Z at Laguna to see how the track felt. I was instantly familiar with it. Apparently playing racing games where the track was always in the roster, can be used as experience of sorts. After the Z, i jumped in the Guilia and got bored of it by the 4th lap at Laguna Seca, decided to change up both the car and track. I took the Alfa 33 Stradale out to Vallelunga, a track that's kicking my tail in my career (hey, I just started it). Oh boy! The car sounds amazing. And it handles like a dream! I think I found a new favorite ride in AC. I had a smile on my face as I drove it. Awesome! I cant wait to try out the other 5 cars.

Last edited: Dec 20, 2017
    TheNuvolari likes this.
  16. SlipZtrEm

SlipZtrEm Administrator

Hope nobody minds the move; I figured with the pack's release, a new, separate thread was appropriate. :tup:

17. OooAhh Cantona

OooAhh Cantona

Ok with no Zonda. I’m excited for the Huayra BC! :drool:

18. Corsa

Corsa Premium

I'm guessing our console update will have the exact same times as well.

19. DeadHero

DeadHero

By Kajot2111

That 33 Stradale's sound is way beyond my expectations: absolutely mindblowing.

Rotorist, 20832, KiroKai and 5 others like this.
  20. Lambob

Lambob

Hello, what is the last car in the video above? arriving to the start/finish sector, that one of the most beautiful sounding car IMO (on the low rev) sounds like 4-stroke glory days of my youth.

21. DeadHero

DeadHero

Pagani Huayra BC

Lambob likes this.
  22. letdown427

letdown427

I've tried the lambos, pagani and alfas all on laguna Seca so far. Quite a few laps in each.

The giulia interior sound is very disappointing, long gears and a dull drone means sadly I doubt I'll drive it again. It handles fantastically, turn in is so sharp and it settles into a drift so comfortably and straightens out very smoothly, but it sounds miserable.

The huayra isn't something I'd normally bother with, and it's probably not something I'll come back to often, but the way it's able to put all that power down is remarkable, and it received more laps than I expected going in.

The sesto isn't all I expected, a little less raw of sound than I expected, although the downshift is a joy. The handling is much more 'audi' 4wd, for such a light car it feels a bit unwieldy at first, but it feels like there's depth there that you could learn and exploit.

The performante sounds great, grips well, the 4wd is much more rear biased and again feels like it could really be exploited into a very rapid car, again, this got a lot more laps than I was expecting.

The 33 was the car I was most excited about because I love old engines and old cars on old tyres. The 33 doesn't disappoint on any front, there's real poise to its movements and the engine is a treat, especially with the limiter raised.

Laguna Seca is very smooth, I've driven it so much in various other games, i will say I was a little underwhelmed that it didn't blow my mind in VR, but it's a fantastic track and feels like it'd take years to master.

23. Masscot

Masscot

What on earth does "Added steering wheel alert on race start" mean..?

24. Nielsen

Nielsen

Finally Laguna Seca and Giulia Quadrifoglio. It feels like a decade has passed since these two were first announced for AC.

I'd say the AC version of Laguna Seca looks just like I expected, i.e. most grass straws reduced to nothing and dryness as far as the eye can see. Welcome change of pace from the more greenish environments dominating the game. Not least because I never drive Black Cat County and Zandvoort is like the graphically unpolished middle ground. I hope Laguna Seca also delivers the precise driving experience we have come to expect.

I'm less eager to dive into the car pack, but for the most part some nice cars. While I probably shouldn't complain about car choices added for free, it does amaze me that AC has prioritized Maserati models like the Levante, Quattroporte and Alfieri before the Gran Turismo and Ghibli. I'm familiar with their reasoning but still funny priorities according to my sense of logic. On the other hand, great additions to the existing Alfa Romeo, Lamborghini and Pagani lineups.

Meanwhile on PS4... :dunce:

25. letdown427

letdown427

Haven't tested it, but certainly in VR sometimes if I restart the session the wheel may well be pointing off at a ridiculous angle which in VR you can't tell unless you peer out of the 'door' and look at the front wheel angle, could be a warning related to that?

26. Bingo.

27. Whodoyouthink

Whodoyouthink

I'm just a plebian controller player, but:

Huayra BC: Feels noticeably stiffer than its "base" counterpart, with an overall similar but more responsive feel. Frustrating without some TC, but still manageable if you stay within your limits. I do wish it had a customizable gearbox to make the ratios a lot closer, but other than that it is a very emotional and climatic car to drive. It definitely is hard to try and go back to driving the vanilla Huayra, it really is that much of an improvement. Every time you drive the vanilla Huayra, you will be expecting a bit more.

Sesto Elemento: Feels rock solid, a lot less body roll than Huayra. A bit slower, but a hell of a lot more planted and predictable. Although, as someone else already stated, didn't feel as RAW and race-cary as one would expect from a track only Lambo. Still a hell of a car none the less!

Huracan Perfomante: Somewhere in between the Sesto and Aventador SV. All modern Lambos tend to have a sense of familiarity, although it's not hard to pick out their subtle handling differences to really get the full picture of their character. In short, a solid car but not as fast as it feels. Unlike the Huayra which may feel slow because you're often fighting the traction limit, you actually are faster in that.

Maserati Alfieri Concept: Heavy car, likes to understeer. Make sure to not drive with stock alignment settings, they are kinda ridiculous. Good acceleration for the weight, suspension is GREAT at absorbing bumps (you can take some corners flat out easier), and the gauge panel looks pretty cool. Very much feels like a luxury car, which most modern Maseratis are. So it's no surprise there are some performance sacrifices in the name of road use.

Alfa 33 Stradale: Wow, what a sound! Also, has the typical classic car handling in one sense, but doesn't quite have the terminal and snappy oversteer that I feel a lot of classics in this game suffer from. It's setup well enough that there is more forgiveness than most classics I find. Weird feature, but you can set the engine limiter to above 100%, all the way to 109% more precisely. Doing this allows revs to 10k, Or maybe just under that like 9,800rpm. When you do rev that high, it sounds like it's ready to blow, but in a good way of course. Another handling note, the brakes are really solid too. Much less touchy and fragile than most classic brakes, at least I find.

Have not driven the Guilia QV yet, but I suspect it will leave me feeling a bit like a lot of the BMWs in this game; a bit too understeering and squirmy on the limit. Although the BMW racecars usually feel great. One thing I might add is, I still haven't achieved bronze on the Nordschleife special event with the 4c, so I don't know how I'm suppose to go even faster in a heavier Alfa (alluding to the much lower time requirements for this car's Nordschleife special event).

Hope at least 1 person gets something out of my impressions. I've been eyeing a wheel for a couple weeks now, I think I may finally bite the bullet within the next few weeks.

EDIT: Forgot I didn't drive the Quattroporte either. But hey, what else is there to expect from a big grand tourer? Maybe I'll be surprised, but I doubt it!

Last edited: Dec 21, 2017
  28. Whitestar

Whitestar Premium

If I understand correctly it is simply a warning if your wheel isn't properly centered.
    Ever crashed in AC and had your steering wheel go haywire? You then turn it to a position where you think it's centered, but it isn't.
    So when you restart, the second you punch the gas the car goes off to the left or right. Happens to me all the time. :)
    It's because AC doesn't auto-center the wheel.

29. BrandonW77

BrandonW77

It's very likely that Maserati dictates what cars get added to the game, not Kunos.

30. Aris said this was Maserati's condition when they went to ask for the GT4.

BrandonW77 likes this.