• 212 comments
First Orange.
Weaker than a white

Attachments

• unknown.png
    unknown.png
    207.3 KB · Views: 26
@Drex124
I know I will be playing on the Base PS4 (non pro) later today and like what @user3392345
Framerate is having issues however it's not just the PS4 but across all platforms.
Even over powered gaming systems are having issues holding even 30 fps.

There is so much rant on the BL2 forum on Steam as (Epic) doesn't have anything.

So I guess there are some day one bugs that haven't been ironed out or even smoothed out.

The worst thing that interrupts gameplay is the laggy menue, no chance for a quik look at the map, it took ages :) Skilltree tab also loads very very slow.
Thats why i was trying to install a 1TB ssd, but i failed to install the firmware.

The ps4 dont want do the firmware install from usb, both normal and recovery mode. It says the firmware dont work, but its the current 6.72. Stick is in right format, fat32 and exact like they say with folders PS4/UPDATE/file.pup
Someone know that problem and know a fix? I tryed 3 times, diffent usb ports, diffrent usb sticks. :(

The worst thing that interrupts gameplay is the laggy menue, no chance for a quik look at the map, it took ages :) Skilltree tab also loads very very slow.
Thats why i was trying to install a 1TB ssd, but i failed to install the firmware.

The ps4 dont want do the firmware install from usb, both normal and recovery mode. It says the firmware dont work, but its the current 6.72. Stick is in right format, fat32 and exact like they say with folders PS4/UPDATE/file.pup
Someone know that problem and know a fix? I tryed 3 times, diffent usb ports, diffrent usb sticks. :(

edit below

Last edited:
Formating the new hdd first into fat32? Hm, it wasnt even needed on the ps3 but i will try that now, thanks :) I dont want use a external hdd, i want to replace the build in 1tb hdd to a 1tb ssd.
My sticks are usb2.0 a small 4gb and a medium 16gb, both didnt work. Ps4 sayd everytime it cant find the right firmware.

I got it now. There are 2 versions of firmware to download, the update(400mb) and the complete firmware (1gb). I was trying to install the update all the time..... insteed of the full version. damn :)
sry for offtopic:)

@user3392345
The SSD won't help on the laggy menu's as it's something within the game itself.
Xbox and PC also have the same performance issue.
One said that on a i9 9900k with 64 GB ram with a RTX 2080 ti was getting only like 47 fps max.
So that tells you that it's the game itself and not the actual game.

Edit: According to Randy there was about 225k people playing at launch on PC.
Which is double than what BL2 had at launch.

Edit2:
There has been more light on everything that the "reviews" have been "faked" the reviews have been on a specific build of the game before release and this may have "hidden" these problems making it sound like this perfect game when according to pushsquare that it's an unfinished game.

Last edited:
The upgrade to a ssd was not the worst idea, its bit quiker now while switching menue tabs.(Also nice to the overall loading times, all games)
Im sure they will patch it soon, at least i realy hope that LOL :)
Would be very funny if the bad performance on pc is a result of crappy epic store and its hidden spy mechanics :) Next year at spring, we can enjoy a more polished version on steam.

Im lvl25 now and start to like my char and his skills, cant wait to see how he performes fully skilled.
Sadly MP is unplayable, for me, because i dont like lag.

Im sure they will patch it soon, at least i realy hope that LOL :)
Would be very funny if the bad performance on pc is a result of crappy epic store and its hidden spy mechanics :) Next year at spring, we can enjoy a more polished version on steam.

I just hope my PC key can be transferred to steam

I just hope my PC key can be transferred to steam

Last I've heard that it wouldn't.
Which is why lots of people are completely ignoring Epic or finding other means to play it right now until steam version comes out.

Playing on Xbox One, I absolutely love the game so far. I’m at level 20 and it feels like the Borderlands I know and love. I do have a few complaints here and there, nothing major, but overall it’s been exactly how I expected it to be, which is good. Game is addicting!

Some things I noticed, for good or bad (sorry for the wall of text!):
-Guns feel better, more satisfying to use than previous games.
-Game is very good looking, always loved the style of Borderlands.
-Game stutters from time to time and freezes up for many seconds. Menus are slow and so are vending machines. Not game breaking, but not great either.
-Weapon comparisons is taking some getting used to. You cannot filter your weapon type to the top when comparing. For example, comparing my equipped shotgun I have to specifically scroll to other shotguns, whereas in previous games the shotguns would sort to the top of the list when comparing.
-Game seems more difficult overall, maybe a little less balanced. I am playing on normal and found myself farming to level in order to defeat some bosses, which I never recall doing in previous games. This isn’t a bad thing, just an observation.
-Seems to have less side missions. Maybe the “crew challenges” replaced them, but I do miss the bounty boards.
-Fast travel is a little confusing. Hit the wrong buttons and you need to back out to retry.
-Less vending machines? Seems they put them near the entrance to levels only, rather than having more before bosses. This can be annoying when you need ammo or need to clear inventory to make room for more items.
-Character level isn’t displayed in menus, only the HUD, which is a minor annoyance.
-I like that the mission select is mapped to the d-pad now, but I don’t like that the mission select in the menu just tells you what the level suggestion is, whereas in previous games it was nice and color coded where green is doable, yellow is difficult and red is impossible.
-They removed the weapon select wheel and the d-pad selections so now the only way to change weapons (as far as I know) is cycling through them one at a time.
-I've encountered a bug where crew challenges appear and disappear from the map.

Last edited:
On the last point, you can revert to the "classic" 4 way d-pad scheme in the options menu.

And yeah, the weapon comparison system is confusing. Played the original BL recently and it's nice and straightforward.
And when you order the weapons in you backpack by "type", each type doesn't have a heading to tell you which type it is, you just have to scroll down.

Also, another gripe, is that the skill trees are very complicated and also ineffectual. Like getting a boost for some thing or other for a few seconds. In the first BL the skill improvement (for the soldier class anyway) were very concrete. Health and weapon improvements.

Also there is no special skill to match the Scorpion in the first two games.

That's me done whinging for the moment.[/QUOTE]

-Weapon comparisons is taking some getting used to. You cannot filter your weapon type to the top when comparing. For example, comparing my equipped shotgun I have to specifically scroll to other shotguns, whereas in previous games the shotguns would sort to the top of the list when comparing.
-Game seems more difficult overall, maybe a little less balanced. I am playing on normal and found myself farming to level in order to defeat some bosses, which I never recall doing in previous games. This isn’t a bad thing, just an observation.
-Seems to have less side missions. Maybe the “crew challenges” replaced them, but I do miss the bounty boards.
-Fast travel is a little confusing. Hit the wrong buttons and you need to back out to retry.
-Less vending machines? Seems they put them near the entrance to levels only, rather than having more before bosses. This can be annoying when you need ammo or need to clear inventory to make room for more items.
-Character level isn’t displayed in menus, only the HUD, which is a minor annoyance.
-I like that the mission select is mapped to the d-pad now, but I don’t like that the mission select in the menu just tells you what the level suggestion is, whereas in previous games it was nice and color coded where green is doable, yellow is difficult and red is impossible.
-They removed the weapon select wheel and the d-pad selections so now the only way to change weapons (as far as I know) is cycling through them one at a time.
[/QUOTE]

On the last point, you can change back to the "classic" 4 way d-pad scheme in the options menu.

And yeah the weapon selection/comparison system is confusing.

Yeah when looking for some weapons you have to scroll since they're not grouped.

Some weapons are very similar in looks too.
Like those assault rifles with sniper scopes.

And your right @zargdin about the vending machines thing.

That Golaith boss was a pain in the ass.
since I have to waste ammo on those support bandits that drop in.
So I had to go back to the start to get ammo and sell junk.

Maybe a tip that helps with ammo problem.
Use guns with slow firerate for the normal enemys and use guns with high fire rate for the bosses.
All i look for is slowest firerate with highest damage output. Find your sweetspot :)

You guys know that weird situation where borderlands graphics become looking more realistic then any other game? Even if you stop playing after arround 8hours everything looks like borderlands style HEHE :)

Maybe a tip that helps with ammo problem.
Use guns with slow firerate for the normal enemys and use guns with high fire rate for the bosses.
All i look for is slowest firerate with highest damage output. Find your sweetspot :)

I currently have put more money into backpack SDUs and less into things like nades and assault rifle ammo.
I love that torge assult rifle that has velocity stacks and the valve train.
Lay 20 stickies on a heavy and blow all at once.
Screenshot 2019-09-17 16.13.12.png

Last edited:
Looks like it only affects the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X, not the base consoles? Think I might put the game down a while anyways, until they patch some of the issues. My game keeps lagging, playing on base Xbox One. It's not constant, but it's getting a tad bit annoying.

Overheating consoles because of a keylogger in the game that constantly uploads information and even on PC..

I doubt this.
That article just states epic DRM and epic owned by a Chinese company as "Evidence"
This is just like Trumpet saying Huawei have spy chips in phones and yet doesn't back it up.

Got myself to Promethea. Realised I was wayyyy under-leveled, so rushed back to Sanctuary to go to Pandora and do some XP farming. Fast traveled to Sanctuary, sold some guns and whatnot, hit the fast travel station; Can't fast travel back to Pandora, can't fast travel back to Promethea, only option given to me is Sanctuary. Am now stuck in Sanctuary, it seems.

But before that happened, I had a lot of fun.

Got myself to Promethea. Realised I was wayyyy under-leveled, so rushed back to Sanctuary to go to Pandora and do some XP farming. Fast traveled to Sanctuary, sold some guns and whatnot, hit the fast travel station; Can't fast travel back to Pandora, can't fast travel back to Promethea, only option given to me is Sanctuary. Am now stuck in Sanctuary, it seems.

But before that happened, I had a lot of fun.

Press X for orbit view, then select the planet.

Yes, The Fast Travel is annoying as hell on the ship.

Have finished the story quests now. After that you can activate chaos difficult 1-3 and new game+, i think there is another run tought the story mode to enter last mode. like in bl2.
I tryed the horde wave modus, WOW! 10min playing gives arround 2mio credits!!! awesome to upgrade ammo slots :)) chaos 3 + dungeon mode, is like christmas. yellow weapons everywhere :DD

I've been playing this with my wife in split-screen on a base PS4. My impressions so far are mixed:

+ Some nice quality of life features like being able to purchase ammo and health without having to enter the shop UI (which I'll get to shortly...)
+ All characters seem to be more vocal
+ The game itself is fun and I love the humour
+ The skill trees are quite interesting, although I'm playing as Moze so I'm mostly just adding bits to my mech
+ The guns are creative and feel good to use
+ The extra customisation on guns, vehicles, even rooms is a nice touch
+ New vehicle types feel very different from each other
+ The climbing, sliding and "stomping" mechanics feel very fluid and good to use

- The framerate is generally low (although I can deal with this)
- The UI causes unbearable stuttering and slowdown to the point where you can really screw over your partner if you enter menus while they're trying to play the game. This desperately needs to be patched.
- There are some really bad bugs present, some causing players to lose pre-order exclusive items
- The audio on characters that are speaking in split screen is far too low and they can often only be heard if both characters move far enough away to trigger them to play through your Echo
- Echo customisation is expensive and feels pointless as you rarely actually see it properly
- They seem to have reduced the amount of automatic bullet hits on flying enemies like Rakk, making them a total pain to take down unless you have a scatter weapon
- The maps feel overly complex and difficult to navigate using the provided map, even though it's now in 3D
- Some of the boss fights are artificially difficult because they just throw loads of stuff at you at once
- The enemies feel like they are more animated as they jump around a lot more now, which would be fine if I had a mouse but it makes them a pain to hit when using a controller sometimes
- 99% of the characters you meet are total ****holes which means the "main" villains don't feel that dastardly

Overall the game is still fun but I think that a few patches would take it from a good game to a great one.

So a plague of issues are happening.
Xbox X and Pro overheating and crashing.
Epic launcher CPU usage and now corrupt saves.
Certain guns/nades are bugged and one shot bosses.
FPS drops in all versions.

Who thinks that QA should of delayed the game a bit to fix these issues?

Back