Bowtie's Speed Shop : Ultimate Corvette Collection!

15260306046_1703cd40f2_z.jpg

NSX Type R '02 (Flat Floor) #27

Monte Carlo Blue Pearl
Aero Type A
Custom Wing Type A
Flat Floor
Monza Red or Salsa Red Calipers
SSR Professor VF1 (Standard size rims)
PP: 550 // HP: 424
WEIGHT: 1150kg // WEIGHT DISTRIBUTION: 49:51
TIRE(S): Sports Soft/Racing Hard
OIL CHANGE - Yes

SUSPENSION: Full Custom // BRAKES: Racing
RIDE HEIGHT - 95 / 96
SPRINGS - 7.50 / 12.00
COMP - 4 / 6
EXT - 7 / 5
ARB - 3 / 4
CAMBER - 0.5 / 0.0
TOE - -0.16 / 0.10
BRAKES - 5 / 6

TRANS: Full Custom (install all power upgrades first!)
FINAL TO
- 5.500 // TOP SPEED TO - 124
1ST - 3.050
2ND - 2.235
3RD - 1.725
4TH - 1.390
5TH - 1.170
6TH - 1.015
7TH - n/a
FINAL - 4.200

LSD: Full Custom
INITIAL - 11
ACCEL - 14
DECEL - 26

CLUTCH TYPE: Triple-Plate
CARBON SHAFT: Standard
TORQUE CENTERING DIFF: n/a

POWER PARTS:
ENGINE TUNING - Stage 3
COMPUTER - Sports
EXHAUST - Racing
MANIFOLD - Standard
CATALYTIC CONVERTER - Sports
INTAKE TUNING - Standard
SUPERCHARGER/TURBO - no
POWER LIMITER - 94.7%

WEIGHT REDUCTION - Stage 3
CARBON HOOD - Body Color
WINDOW WEIGHT - Yes

BALLAST - 111kg @ -30
DOWNFORCE - 15

NOTE: As much as I do not like using Racing Tires on street cars, I do like adding flat floor and turning them into "Touring Cars". This was intended to compete with 530-550pp Touring cars, even though this car does not really need to have the flat floor to handle well. Adding it does act just like having downforce and that is why I installed. Tested at Twin Motegi full course.

Mr. B,

The NSX TC is just perfect for the new seasonal at NRing...

It's perfect for those corners, the only problem is the top speed. May I ask if you have any suggestion to increase the top speed? I only made it 2nd because the rabbit (One'77) had a superior top speed...

Maybe removing the aero or almost certain the gearbox FG. ATM is at 4.200 (FG), topping at +/- 280Km/h (174mph)...

Obviously all these changes made in a different settings sheet... 👍

:cheers:

Mr. B,

The NSX TC is just perfect for the new seasonal at NRing...

It's perfect for those corners, the only problem is the top speed. May I ask if you have any suggestion to increase the top speed? I only made it 2nd because the rabbit (One'77) had a superior top speed...

Maybe removing the aero or almost certain the gearbox FG. ATM is at 4.200 (FG), topping at +/- 280Km/h (174mph)...

Obviously all these changes made in a different settings sheet... 👍

Unfortunately, that is the problem with flat floor, it will help the handling but lowers the top speed. Plus, you take about a 30pp hit where you could be adding more power. I would think with all the corners that it would do well on most of the track until you get to that long straight. You could try lowering the final drive to 4.100 and see if that helps, then maybe just a touch lower, but it will then accelerate slower but the handling might make up for it. Good luck, let me know how it turns out.

Unfortunately, that is the problem with flat floor, it will help the handling but lowers the top speed. Plus, you take about a 30pp hit where you could be adding more power. I would think with all the corners that it would do well on most of the track until you get to that long straight. You could try lowering the final drive to 4.100 and see if that helps, then maybe just a touch lower, but it will then accelerate slower but the handling might make up for it. Good luck, let me know how it turns out.

👍 Many Thanks Mr.B! :bowdown:

Mr.B, I did it! :P

Did a copy of the NSX, removed the flat floor and final gear to 4.100! After 4 tries, in which all I was rammed by the leader and spun out :grumpy:, finally got the win with a 532PP no flat floor TC version.

It's amazing how the top speed is so different... But despite being faster, it became a bit less nimble, so more caution is needed...

But overall, a (new) great car... 👍 And what a race!!! :mad:

NSX Type R '02 (Flat Floor) #27 @

Expert Level Non-Race Car Challenge|Nurburgring Nordschleife, 1 Lap|550 PP|Sports Soft Tyres

@cbarbosa proposed:
After 262 km drive:

528 PP|422 HP|SS|No flat floor|Final gear 3100|ABS 0|No Aids|STD Brakes 7/6|G27|Winner
View attachment 241626
View attachment 241627 View attachment 241628
View attachment 241629 View attachment 241630

That wasn't easy at all! :crazy: :D
I have not had a look at this Seasonal as of yet, but you and @cbarbosa have both done it with this car by removing the flat floor. I guess that means the suspension still works without it? From what I have heard it is not an easy event, and to do it in this is very impressive in my opinion. Well done done guys 👍 , that is an awesome job out of both of you. :cheers:

I have not had a look at this Seasonal as of yet, but you and @cbarbosa have both done it with this car by removing the flat floor. I guess that means the suspension still works without it? From what I have heard it is not an easy event, and to do it in this is very impressive in my opinion. Well done done guys 👍 , that is an awesome job out of both of you. :cheers:
Thanks! I just felt the suspension a little bit strong for the Ring. :cheers:

I was curious because I really do not spend much time there in GT6 and do not know how my tunes will handle that track. Not much feedback of how they do, appreciate the feedback, and again very impressed you guys pulled out a win in that car. I heard some heavy hitters like Pagani's were out front, impressive since that car was tuned mainly at Twin Ring Motegi :lol:, just a little bit different than the Ring :lol:. Congrats and thanks for the input. :)

NSX Type R '02 (Flat Floor) #27 @

Expert Level Non-Race Car Challenge|Nurburgring Nordschleife, 1 Lap|550 PP|Sports Soft Tyres

@cbarbosa proposed:
After 262 km drive:

528 PP|422 HP|SS|No flat floor|Final gear 3100|ABS 0|No Aids|STD Brakes 7/6|G27|Winner
View attachment 241626
View attachment 241627 View attachment 241628
View attachment 241629 View attachment 241630

That wasn't easy at all! :crazy: :D

:bowdown: TY Mr. D! I hope you don't hate me for such a hard challenge... :D I also did like 5 races before managed a win, almost in all the leader rammed me on the straight... :grumpy: , but I started to get addicted in achieving the win, so I remembered, who better to test this car then @danbojte?

👍

And many thanks to Mr. B for such a great and fun car... :bowdown:

I thought it would be like it... Did the standard brakes had a good behaviour?

👍

15108679741_2f4134c3da_z.jpg

INTEGRA TYPE R (DC5) Touring Car '04

GT Metallic 008-W
Ray's 57Ultimate inch up 1

PP: 500 // HP: 368
WEIGHT: 1050kg // WEIGHT DISTRIBUTION: 55:45
TIRE(S): Sport Soft
OIL CHANGE - No

RIDE HEIGHT - 110 / 100
SPRINGS - 10.50 / 8.50
COMP - 5 / 3
EXT - 7 / 4
ARB - 4 / 6
CAMBER - 0.0 / 0.5
TOE - -0.10 / -0.10
BRAKES - 4 / 6

FINAL TO
- 6.000 // TOP SPEED TO - 112
1ST - 2.975
2ND - 2.185
3RD - 1.715
4TH - 1.425
5TH - 1.215
6TH - 1.060
7TH - n/a
FINAL - 4.000

INITIAL - 9
ACCEL - 20
DECEL - 5

CLUTCH TYPE: Standard
CARBON SHAFT: Standard

POWER PARTS:
ENGINE TUNING - Standard
COMPUTER - Standard
EXHAUST - Racing
MANIFOLD - Standard
CATALYTIC CONVERTER - Standard
INTAKE TUNING - Standard
SUPERCHARGER/TURBO - High RPM Turbo
POWER LIMITER - 93.0%

WEIGHT REDUCTION - Standard
CARBON HOOD - Standard
WINDOW WEIGHT - Standard

BALLAST - 100kg @ +45
DOWNFORCE - 150 / 145

NOTE: The least time spent of the 3 mis-FITTs, just not as competitive even on SS tires. Would hang with RX-7 ghost on SSR5 until the final turn. Would hang and sometimes be ahead of the Evo on Motegi until left hander after second set of esses before last turn. Not that much slower, but not quick enough. May be better against other FFs in this PP range.
Feedback always appreciated, but as I said, I spent a lot less time on this one.
Thanks! Enjoy!

Intermediate Level RC Deep Forest | Sport Softs | Winner! 👍

Fun to drive, very stable and imo competitive... :)

So I have now received results for 10 FITT Challenges and still have 2 pending, while bored, I calculated my results and was satisfied. Shocked actually at what my average lap time finish was, and even more surprised with my Driver Choice average since it is normally lower than Lap time. Will use the next post as a scoring sheet, will update after the results of the Mustang and GT come in. Mustang looks like a 1 or 2 on DC while lap time appears to be around 5th. Was honestly hoping for better lap time in that car, but the GT in early reviews is surprisingly quick, currently sitting in 2nd in both but there are more tester results to come and the better tune is in front.

FITT TUNING CHALLENGE FINAL SCORING

Miata Tuner Challenge:
SCCA Spec Miata Challenge - Lap Time 1st - DC 2nd (11 tuners)
Miata Improved Touring - Lap Time 5th - DC 4th (14 tuners)

BMW Seasonal Tuning Challenge:
Lap Time 3rd - DC 3rd (9 tuners)

Hot Hatch Tuning Challenge:
Hot Hatch - Lap Time 3rd - DC 6th (13 tuners)
Pro-Spec Class - Lap Time 4th - DC 4th (4 tuners)

Challenge STi vs Evo Battle:
Spec Street - Lap Time 2nd - DC 2nd (13 tuners)
Street Racers - Lap Time 2nd - DC 2nd (15 tuners)

Viper Strike Tuning Challenge:
Lap Time 7th - DC 8th (15 tuners)

Hot Version Drivetrain Tuning Challenge:
Road Racers - Lap Time 2nd - DC 5th (14 tuners)

Ford Challenges by MCH:
Focus ST - Lap Time 5th - DC 2nd (14 tuners)
Mustang - Lap Time 5th - DC 1st (16 tuners)
GT - Lap Time 3rd - DC 3rd (8 tuners)

British Invasion:
Roadster - Lap Time 5th - DC 6th (12 tuners)
Street Sports - Lap Time 3rd - DC 6th (11 Tuners)
Pro Touring GT - Lap Time 5th - DC 4th (8 tuners)

Blind Tuning Challenge:
The Duel - Lap Time average - 1st
DC - 1st (11 tuners)

Midfield Supercar Shootout:
Lap Time Average (Forward) - 2nd (.170 behind 1st)
Lap Time Average (Reverse) - 4th
Combined Average Lap Time - 4th
DC - 3rd
Total Points - 4th (1st=40, 2nd = 39, 3rd = 38 and so on) X DC Average(9.011) = 1018.243

Old and New Hatchback Challenge
Lap time average overall - 3rd ('04 Civic 1st / '83 Civic 15th)
DC overall - 8th (13th in the '83 / 5th in the '04)
(17 Tuners)

M Power Challenge
Lap time average - 7th
DC - 4th

Lap Time average finish

Driver Choice (DC) average finish

Results Complete (updated 7/22/15)
Through M Power Challenge

Last edited:
I feel like I want to take the rear ride height and jack it up all the way but the handling is horrible if you do. Really do not like that slammed rear look, but some do.....oh well, to each their own I suppose. I made it drivable to a point, do not push too hard though :scared:

Thanks for the tune Bowtie - it was the only one I could find on GT Planet for the Buick Special. We are using this car in our "Historic BSCC" series (it is in place of Ford Galaxie which Jack Sears won with in 1963). With limits of 640kg and 350bhp on race hard tyres the Mini, Renault 8 Gordini and Buick Special all lap within a fraction of a second of each other.

I agree the car is difficult to tune, which is why I was looking for alternatives. I tried your tune, but found it slightly slower than the standard suspension settings at Cote Dazur and Tsukuba. I got the best results with standard suspension, brakes 7/4 and LSD 10/25/15. The car doesn't seem to have much grip so I think softening the suspension as you did was the right direction, but I couldn't get it to lap any faster. Thanks for tune - it may suit other drivers styles better than mine.

Historic BSCC Poster final stage.jpg

Thanks for the tune Bowtie - it was the only one I could find on GT Planet for the Buick Special. We are using this car in our "Historic BSCC" series (it is in place of Ford Galaxie which Jack Sears won with in 1963). With limits of 640kg and 350bhp on race hard tyres the Mini, Renault 8 Gordini and Buick Special all lap within a fraction of a second of each other.

I agree the car is difficult to tune, which is why I was looking for alternatives. I tried your tune, but found it slightly slower than the standard suspension settings at Cote Dazur and Tsukuba. I got the best results with standard suspension, brakes 7/4 and LSD 10/25/15. The car doesn't seem to have much grip so I think softening the suspension as you did was the right direction, but I couldn't get it to lap any faster. Thanks for tune - it may suit other drivers styles better than mine.

View attachment 245472
Thanks for trying, I really tried with this car but it is tough. I for sure know that it likes to stretch it's legs on a more open track like Willow Springs. Short tight courses are not for this car.

View attachment 245472
I would've thought the '64 Pontiac GTO with an engine tune a better candidate for the Galaxie substitute.
I must say, it looks like a fun series though. Well done 👍

I would've thought the '64 Pontiac GTO with an engine tune a better candidate for the Galaxie substitute.
I must say, it looks like a fun series though. Well done 👍

By standard suspension settings I mean race soft suspension. It is amazing how close the performance of the Buick is to the Mini and Renault in our series - it was at a slight disadvantage at Cote Dazur yesterday and the first one home was 5th, but at some tracks where as Bowtie says it can stretch its legs the Buick has a slight advantage. It is very close in looks to the 1963 Galaxie that was raced in the BSCC by Jack Sears, Jim Clark and Sir Gawaine Baillie.

We will be using the Pontiac Tempest GTO 1964 in our next series - a recreation of the Trans Am series - in "Grey Ghost" replica form.

Trans Am Poster Final.jpg

I didn't mean to clutter your thread Bowtie - hope you don't mind. I'll be hunting for tunes for the above cars soon!

By standard suspension settings I mean race soft suspension. It is amazing how close the performance of the Buick is to the Mini and Renault in our series - it was at a slight disadvantage at Cote Dazur yesterday and the first one home was 5th, but at some tracks where as Bowtie says it can stretch its legs the Buick has a slight advantage. It is very close in looks to the 1963 Galaxie that was raced in the BSCC by Jack Sears, Jim Clark and Sir Gawaine Baillie.

We will be using the Pontiac Tempest GTO 1964 in our next series - a recreation of the Trans Am series - in "Grey Ghost" replica form.

View attachment 246200

I didn't mean to clutter your thread Bowtie - hope you don't mind. I'll be hunting for tunes for the above cars soon!
No problem at all, it is all good.

Car of the Month November and FITT British Invasion are currently taking my time, however, that means more tunes are coming.

Vauxhall VX220
MG TF160
Lotue Elise Type 72
Espirit V8 '02
Tuscan Speed 6 - (Funny how it only has a 5 speed trans :odd:)
DB9 Coupe "TC"
XKR-S "TC"
Gran Turismo S
Gran Turismo S "TC"

All Coming Soon!

15527829508_255eb5c6db_c.jpg

Gran Turismo S '08

Bianco Eldorado
OZ Racing Botecelli III
Front Aero type A
Custom Wing Type A

PP: 500
HP: 439
WEIGHT: 1550kg
WEIGHT DIST: 49:51
OIL CHANGE - no

RIDE HEIGHT - 105 / 110
SPRINGS - 10.00 / 12.00
COMP - 4 / 5
EXT - 7 / 6
ARB - 3 / 4
CAMBER - 0.3 / 0.0
TOE - -0.10 / 0.06
BRAKES - 5 / 5

FINAL TO
- 5.000 // TOP SPEED TO - 124
1ST - 3.220
2ND - 2.320
3RD - 1.800
4TH - 1.475
5TH - 1.250
6TH - 1.085
7TH - n/a
FINAL - 3.100

INITIAL - 10
ACCEL - 12
DECEL - 16

CARBON SHAFT: yes

POWER PARTS:
ENGINE TUNING - Standard
COMPUTER - Standard
EXHAUST - Standard
MANIFOLD - Standard
CATALYTIC CONVERTER - Standard
INTAKE TUNING - Standard
SUPERCHARGER/TURBO - no
POWER LIMITER - 100%

WEIGHT REDUCTION - Stage 2
CARBON HOOD - Standard
WINDOW WEIGHT - Standard

BALLAST - 109kg @ -25
DOWNFORCE - (R) 10

NOTE: Tuned for Seasonal at SSR5.

Last edited:
15093895193_b83e807d8d_c.jpg

Gran Turismo S '08

Nero Carbonio
Front Aero Type A
Custom Wing Type A

PP: 550
HP: 579
WEIGHT: 1350kg
WEIGHT DIST: 48:52
OIL CHANGE - no

RIDE HEIGHT - 90 / 95
SPRINGS - 10.25 / 14.00
COMP - 4 / 6
EXT - 8 / 5
ARB - 3 / 4
CAMBER - 0.2 / 0.0
TOE - -0.10 / 0.05
BRAKES - 6 / 5

FINAL TO
1ST - 4.300
2ND - 2.900
3RD - 2.065
4TH - 1.595
5TH - 1.300
6TH - 1.085
7TH - n/a
FINAL - 3.300

INITIAL - 10
ACCEL - 12
DECEL - 14

CARBON SHAFT: yes

POWER PARTS:
ENGINE TUNING - Stage 2
COMPUTER - Standard
EXHAUST - Racing
MANIFOLD - Isometric
INTAKE TUNING - Standard
SUPERCHARGER/TURBO - no
POWER LIMITER - 100%

CARBON HOOD - Yes
WINDOW WEIGHT - Yes

BALLAST - 30kg @ -15
DOWNFORCE - 5(R)

NOTE:

15646684755_37d506dbc0_c.jpg

Last edited:
15460707227_5e5361dffc_c.jpg

Gran Turismo S '08

Midnight Blue Metallic
Flat Floor
Front Aero Type A
Custom Rear Wing
Mount - A
Wing - C
Winglet - G
Height - +5
Width - -20
Base Type A, Typeface E, #27
Ray's 57Xtreme +1 inch

PP: 600
HP: 685
WEIGHT: 1400kg
WEIGHT DIST: 48:52
TIRE(S): Racing Hard
OIL CHANGE - No

RIDE HEIGHT - 90 / 92
SPRINGS - 10.50 / 12.50
COMP - 4 / 6
EXT - 7 / 4
ARB - 3 / 4
CAMBER - 0.3 / 0.0
TOE - -0.10 / 0.06
BRAKES - 5 / 4

FINAL TO
1ST - 3.500
2ND - 2.560
3RD - 2.020
4TH - 1.660
5TH - 1.410
6TH - 1.225
7TH - n/a
FINAL - 3.000

INITIAL - 10
ACCEL - 10
DECEL - 12

CARBON SHAFT: Yes

POWER PARTS:
ENGINE TUNING - Stage 3
COMPUTER - Sports
EXHAUST - Racing
MANIFOLD - Isometric
INTAKE TUNING - Yes
SUPERCHARGER/TURBO - no
POWER LIMITER - 98.9%

CARBON HOOD - Body Color
WINDOW WEIGHT - Yes

BALLAST - 80kg @ -15
DOWNFORCE - 10 (R)

NOTE:

Last edited:
I know I know, still trying to get around to editing:ouch:
I will give your GT3 version a review. I already have one of my own so I know how that drives. Im interested to see what spin you've put on it. Not literally spinning as that would be annoying but your own touch so to speak.

The GT3 looks so nice, that doesn't even need a tune... :lol:

EDIT: Oh, it does have a tune... for me to start building it and review for CoTM... :D

Last edited:
15528068697_470cdbd798_z.jpg

MX-5 Miata '89

GT6 Metallic 012 Anniversary Deep Blue (Purchase in White)
OZ Envy inch up 1 (Chaste White)
Aero Type A

PP: 400
HP: 172
WEIGHT: 950kg
WEIGHT DIST: 50:50
TIRE(S): Sports Hard
OIL CHANGE - NO

SUSPENSION: Full Custom // BRAKES: Normal
RIDE HEIGHT - 95 / 95
SPRINGS - 6.75 / 5.35
COMP - 3 / 5
EXT - 4 / 4
ARB - 3 / 4
CAMBER - 0.0 / 0.0
TOE - -0.20 / 0.08
BRAKES - 4 / 4

FINAL TO
- 5.500 // TOP SPEED TO - 112
1ST - 3.000
2ND - 2.040
3RD - 1.550
4TH - 1.230
5TH - 1.020
6TH - n/a
7TH - n/a
FINAL - 4.350

INITIAL - 7