Bowtie's Speed Shop : Ultimate Corvette Collection!

Discussion in 'GT6 Tuning' started by Bowtie-muscle, Jun 11, 2014.

1. Bowtie-muscle

Bowtie-muscle

I have 3 El Camino tunes, 1 at 500pp, 1 at 525pp with camber, and another 525pp without. The 525pp with camber is faster than the 63 Vette without camber. The 500pp is faster than a 500pp 63 Vette. And I have the 500 SS tires to try and give them equal yet extra grip. Even tried the 525s on RS tires. But this is why the way the 63 was modeled on game makes it the biggest disappointment to me. Not so much that the El Camino is that good as the Vette is that bad.

Glad to see you back in 5 and 6, your post about GT5 got me to put it in and play that for a few days. So, thank you.

2. fordlaser

fordlaser Premium

No problem, one thing I like about GT5 there is a lot of things to do, but I always just keep going back to GT6 for some reason.

3. Thorin Cain

Thorin Cain Premium

Merry Christmas Mr Bowtie :cheers:

4. Bowtie-muscle

Bowtie-muscle

And a Merry Christmas to you sir :)
    Hope all is well:D

fordlaser, Pete05 and Thorin Cain like this.
  5. Thorin Cain

Thorin Cain Premium

It is thank you :cheers:. Hope it is also for you.

Pete05, Bowtie-muscle and TripleE63 like this.
  6. Bowtie-muscle

Bowtie-muscle

Been a long time since I have posted in my garage, but I have not stopped playing GT6. In fact, I have actually edited some tunes and lap time leader boards.

But, I have been toiling around with something I have never done in any GT, REPLICAS. Not necessarily an easy thing thanks to PD programming. BUT I did a few and then got carried away. Loads of Vettes, with the most difficult part being the trans gearing. Severval C7 and C6 versions were difficult, so I concentrated on the lower gears (1-4). Even did an '88 Anniversary Vette, but the trans was impossible to duplicate.

Another issue, was the suspension, particularly on the C7. The model in game has Stingray weight, but Z51 gearing (Z51 is the option code for the performance package). The Z51 does have slightly different dampers, springs and sway bars; but hard to show improvement in game unless you use different tires. The Grand Sport, which is wider and comes with wider/grippier tires was even harder to replicate. Thus, lap times really don't vary as,much as they should, but they are fun, none the less. Even tried adding flat floors. This is what separates this GT from others, the ability to add different aero, lowering a wing as low as possible (or as wide as you wish), and increasing wheel size. Loads of opportunities to find new stuff to do, even off line.

I may post a few, maybe not, not sure yet. But I did test them at Willow along with some other cars. And some other spec tunes as well. You can check the full list here.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...and-5-now-posted.311172/page-31#post-10911882

If you check the list, you will also find tunes listed as "UNLIMITED". These are replicas with full weight reduction, racing brakes, triple plate clutch and carbon shaft installed if not already used. If ballast was added to create the replica, it stayed, keeping that as the starting weight.

Last edited: Sep 28, 2019
    bjl23 and RMan72 like this.
  7. Bowtie-muscle

Bowtie-muscle

Street Spec
    Two year ago, I posted tunes labeled as BSS Tunes. They were. C7 Stingrays using real suspension specs (camber and toe) and build like a real world speed shop might build. Mainly, it was just a "tag name" I used so I knew what they were in my garage. Having access to an alignment machine full of specs, it took me to build many cars using similar specs. Thus, Street Spec. How to build:

Stage 2 weight reduction and carbon hood.
    Twin-plate clutch and carbon shaft.
    Full LSD, base were in around 7/15/10
    (plus or minus 2 allowed depending on car built, example - 5/14/8 allowed)
    Sports exhaust, sports catalytic converter.
    FC trans, but left at default. Just buy and adjust nothing.

Now the suspension, this varied a little but not much from car to car.
    1st, ride height. Note the stock height before purchasing FC suspension. After purchase, set height half way between.
    For example, if stock was 120mm, FC default was 90mm, set to 105mm. If rear higher than from (such as the C7) then follow that dropping the same amount front and rear.
    2nd, springs, slightly stiffen front and rear. When selecting front or rear, when the slider bar appears, above it will be the word front. Slide it to just before the "f" for the front and slightly lower for the rear. Front heavy cars can go lower on the rear. For rear heavy cars such as MR, reverse the rates making the rear higher.
    Next, set dampers to either 3/2 ext and comp, or 4/3.
    Match the ARB TO DAMPERS!
    Finally, set camber and toe to real world spec. Positive camber being 0.0 since we cannot go positive.

And there you go. Street Spec.
    I tested as many cars as I could get specs for in the US market. Check the link in the post above for Willow Springs and see how they compared to replicas and tunes.

bjl23 likes this.