Votes: 37 13.0%
  • No

Votes: 247 87.0%

• Total voters
United States
texas
boager
Hello everyone

I have been a long time Gran Turismo fan since its Playstation 2 days, and have continuously been let down after GT4. PD has ignored many diehard fans for far too long, and the consequences may bite PD in the ass this fall when GTS releases. With other options available on both Xbox One and PS4 racing sim fans have other choices. I want the GtPlanet community to join me in boycotting GTS until some fan requests are confirmed. It is time for us to call out PD for their lack of concern, and its time to request features that should be found in any modern day racing sim. Some of the many changes or additions in GTS we would like to see is a comprehensive single player campaign that includes relevant and fun challenges (we're tired of generic time trials), damage (both cosmetic and mechanical), IMPROVED SOUND, better A.I. THe list goes on and on, listen to your fan's concerns PD or we will move to another franchise.

It is time for us to call out PD for their lack of concern
What?

and its time to request features that should be found in any modern day racing sim.
Those would be....?

Some of the many changes or additions in GTS we would like to see is a comprehensive single player campaign that includes relevant and fun challenges
Well that's rather subjective, isn't it?

damage (both cosmetic and mechanical)
That is supposedly coming.

IMPROVED SOUND
It has been improved, and just saying "improved sound" is rather vague.

better A.I.
How do you want them to be "better"?

THe list goes on and on
Does it? Looks like it ended after 5 rather short, vague "demands".

we will move to another franchise.
Man, what kind of world we live in where we have to play just one franchise of racing game ever. I'm beginning to wonder why so many other examples exist on the market.

UWOTM8.jpg

That's kind of what a boycott is. Withhold your funds and issue a list of demands. Demands not met, funds continue to be withheld. No harm in asking right?
Thing is, PDI(or any business) could go belly up irregardless of consumers buying games. Kaz could pull the plug himself and the world still revolves.

No harm in asking. Just doesn't work the same as boycotting FaceBook or Verizon or McDonald's or bus lines across the nation. To me, anyways.

Here here! Hit PD right in the wallet! The... $240 of lost income will certainly be felt more than the millions of sales they have almost certainly (and knowingly) sacrificed to make this niche spinoff game in the first place.

Hey now, maybe they were going to get the limited edition, that could be $320 of sales! That's insane!

Don't laugh too loudly now, how much would it have cost if GT ends up with half the user base they had during their glory days?
That's what happened from 5 to 6 and this trend might very well continue.
I see the sales of this game similar to previous Prologues. They are working on most of this code and content anyway for GT7 so these sales are kind of bonus sales to help fund the big game. I seriously doubt they are expecting 10 million units with a game that is mostly catering to online pay, or so it seems so far. I think they'd be pretty happy with 5 million to be honest.

Don't laugh too loudly now, how much would it have cost if GT ends up with half the user base they had during their glory days?
That's what happened from 5 to 6 and this trend might very well continue.
It will almost certainly continue for GT Sport simply because of what it is. It could be the best game PD ever make by a humongous margin and sales might not even approach GT6. It is kind of hard to stand up and call for a boycott against a game because of *grievances* when said game will almost certainly have drastically lower sales targets anyway. Everyone on this forum could boycott it, and how would Sony tell when it has been deliberately designed as a niche product?

I see the sales of this game similar to previous Prologues. They are working on most of this code and content anyway for GT7 so these sales are kind of bonus sales to help fund the big game. I seriously doubt they are expecting 10 million units with a game that is mostly catering to online pay, or so it seems so far. I think they'd be pretty happy with 5 million to be honest.

It will almost certainly continue for GT Sport simply because of what it is. It could be the best game PD ever make by a humongous margin and sales might not even approach GT6. It is kind of hard to stand up and call for a boycott against a game because of *grievances* when said game will almost certainly have drastically lower sales targets anyway. Everyone on this forum could boycott it, and how would Sony tell when it has been deliberately designed as a niche product?
Prologue game is what we assume. If you go by Kaz's comments he might consider this the first true iteration of GT on PS4. So far there's not even a mention of GT7, so it will take another couple of years for sure before that comes to be (if it ever does).

The excuse for the lower sales of 6 (which was a full blown GT game), was that PS4 was already out, but how many people still had a PS3 in their living rooms in 2013?

I'm not saying that the "GT6 came too late" excuse wasn't anything more than that. Sony executives certainly didn't seem to be using that line before the game came out.

But this isn't GT6. This is a game that literally seems to be an online only title. How many people never touched online mode in GT6, or only did it occasionally, or can't go online? You can subtract all of them from the potential buyer pool. How many people are put off by the FIA focus, don't feel they are good enough at games to bother or don't see the point? Write them off too. How many people will refuse to buy the game because of the amount of content offered (a real thing that plagued Forza 5)? They're out. PD is designing a game with barely any of the mass market appeal that previous games in the series. They can afford to take the hit from the 4 people on a forum who won't buy it because the sounds still kinda suck or whatever, because someone at Sony must have sat down and set sales targets with the knowledge that they won't have nearly the interest or sales as a real GT title regardless of what silly things Kaz says in interviews to the contrary.

True, but i'm sure @rronak95 isn't the only one who feels like abandoning the sinking ship in recent years. Most just do it without starting a campaign but the end result is the same.

The way I see it there are just too many variables to this scenario: There are those who are total fans and would/will most surely buy the game regardless if it turns out to be a major disappointment, There are a few who jumped the gun on buying a PS4 and now regret doing so due to a lack of solid content, those who see no point in getting a PS4 despite owning pretty much at least one of each generation of the sony consoles prior to it, those who don't currently own a PS4 but would buy one for GT... Quite a vast array imo.

Thing is, unlike what happened to the prologues and the PS3 for that matter, there's the issue of subscription for the online play (perhaps some PS4 owners can attest to the truth or lack thereof in this case. I'm not sure) and I'm not entirely convinced if the majority of the people who play actually do play more online than otherwise and if this game turns out to be an near entirely online thing, probably the numbers might go down a notch.

I already had a Playstation for quite a while before the First GT came out and I bought both the PS2 and the PS3 because of GT (at their respective periods) but considering the alternatives and the fact that on most multiple platform titles the best option ends up being the PC, as well as the scarce catalogue of the PS4 I guess they won't be seeing as much sucess as they once had.

Also, because there's a time people get a bit older and start to lose the patience to play videogames, so forking out a substantial amount of cash (which could be used on pc upgrades/peripherals) on another console that's essentially a PC that does little more than gaming in this day and age with the crappy economy doesn't seem very appealing

If what GTS turns out to offer doesn't appeal to me, I just won't buy it. If it does, I will. No need to make it a political type of stance as it's pretty clearly a free market product and will succeed or fail based on that.

Now if Polyphony was making a great product but did things like feed employees to mutated gophers for missing deadlines (kind of like the reports on Konami) or was systematically destroying all the remaining AE86s in a nefarious plan to have them only exist in the virtual world, then I'd boycott. But it doesn't sound like that's the case.

So in November, I'll look at what the game offers and decide to spend money on it or not.

Back