• 193 comments

Fan Boycott

• Yes

Votes: 37 13.0%
  • No

Votes: 247 87.0%

• Total voters
Hello everyone

I have been a long time Gran Turismo fan since its Playstation 2 days, and have continuously been let down after GT4. PD has ignored many diehard fans for far too long, and the consequences may bite PD in the ass this fall when GTS releases. With other options available on both Xbox One and PS4 racing sim fans have other choices. I want the GtPlanet community to join me in boycotting GTS until some fan requests are confirmed. It is time for us to call out PD for their lack of concern, and its time to request features that should be found in any modern day racing sim. Some of the many changes or additions in GTS we would like to see is a comprehensive single player campaign that includes relevant and fun challenges (we're tired of generic time trials), damage (both cosmetic and mechanical), IMPROVED SOUND, better A.I. THe list goes on and on, listen to your fan's concerns PD or we will move to another franchise.
GTS is confirmed to have:
  • Improved sound
  • Improved graphics
  • A livery editor
  • Scapes
  • No standard cars
  • Overall, a seemingly higher focus on quality than quantity
But I don't guess any of these are good enough for you. Seems you see only what you want to.

GTS is confirmed to have:
  • Improved sound
  • Improved graphics
  • A livery editor
  • Scapes
  • No standard cars
  • Overall, a seemingly higher focus on quality than quantity
But I don't guess any of these are good enough for you. Seems you see only what you want to.
Improved depends on your personal view. Do the cars sound better? Yeah. Are they on par with the rest of the racing community? No. They're still barely anything to write home about. The graphics have also been a big debate here, mainly focusing on PD's attempt for solid 60FPS whilst folks are commentating about how the hands-on videos show flaws.

Improvements aren't worth settling for if the OP feels like they should be better than they are.

You only commented on 1 example he had anyway as well.

So instead of putting your money into other franchises and not slumping under this hilarious idea that "there can only be one!!", you make a thread "Boycotting" GTS. I'm not even in the crowd that bows down to Kaz and even I think this is the silliest idea. Sorry but this is a poor use of your energy, which could be spent simply elsewhere as many others have already done. Don't like what they are currently offering, move to another game or better yet two more games, simple as that.

Actions have a lot more effect then words, you should try them.

Nope, whether you boycott it or not, Kaz will STILL go HIS way of doing things......it is like "whether you r happy or sad, a day still pass, might as well be happy"...... furthermore, there r so many alternatives(racing games) to choose from.:mischievous:
Deal-With-It-Cat-Meme-01.jpg

Hello everyone

I have been a long time Gran Turismo fan since its Playstation 2 days, and have continuously been let down after GT4. PD has ignored many diehard fans for far too long, and the consequences may bite PD in the ass this fall when GTS releases. With other options available on both Xbox One and PS4 racing sim fans have other choices. I want the GtPlanet community to join me in boycotting GTS until some fan requests are confirmed. It is time for us to call out PD for their lack of concern, and its time to request features that should be found in any modern day racing sim. Some of the many changes or additions in GTS we would like to see is a comprehensive single player campaign that includes relevant and fun challenges (we're tired of generic time trials), damage (both cosmetic and mechanical), IMPROVED SOUND, better A.I. THe list goes on and on, listen to your fan's concerns PD or we will move to another franchise.

The game will have lot of content for SP. Gameplay, AI, sounds etc all these improvements will be there. Without these the game will not do well and they know it. So there is no reason to worry or boycott. I do not know why people are saying this is becoming like iracing. I will be getting this game and spend more time offline and not bother too much on their online competition :lol:

Meh.

If you don't like it, don't buy it. Other people will do as they feel, and if a lot of people feel the same as you the result is a boycott. If other people don't feel the same, then no one was going to join you anyway.

This feels a lot more like "I won't buy it as long as other people are going to join me in this".

The title says fan concerns, but they are cocerns and cannot accurately reflect the true outcome of what GT Sport will be. It's still many months from release, and the product is not even out yet, so this boycott is already ineffective. OP could've said "I'm not buying it till they address blahblahblah," not make a hollow threat.

Calling for boycotts are silly. Each person should cast their vote with their wallet, support games you like and don't support those you don't like and only then can developers be sure of what the masses like.

I personally boycott Nestle for reasons but I don't go around telling other people to do the same. There are plenty of games I am not interested in and I don't buy them, no one is forcing anyone to buy GT Sport and if you don't think it is worth the money don't buy it.

Personally I am waiting and probably will not buy it until I know more but I am inclined to buy it to support it just because this is ground breaking, extremely significant and could change the face of sim racing for the better for everyone. But then purchasing GT Sport isn't the most important thing that will make or break this project. The most important thing is that the online racing is popular. If GT Sport does not succeed we will probably never see another attempt at a service like this on console. But if GT Sport succeeds not only may we see others try to offer a similar service but it will finally establish sim racing in the esports world so that people can actually make a living from it if they are good enough and this is something I would love to see. In the least if it succeeds it would mean that there is a popular racing service that anyone can enjoy around the clock.

And finally if it succeeds it could help bring iRacing to console and it could also result in the cost of iRacing coming down.

7HO
But if GT Sport succeeds not only may we see others try to offer a similar service but it will finally establish sim racing in the esports world so that people can actually make a living from it if they are good enough...

Last I heard they weren't planning on offering prizes beyond the trophies.

http://www.esportsearnings.com/players

The games where people are actually full time professionals offer significant prize money for placements. Sponsorships help, but you only get $40k+ a year of sponsorships if you can actually convince sponsors that they're going to get value out of it. That's pretty tough in a fledgling e-sport.

...features that should be found in any modern day racing sim...
Hm. Technically, you are asking for something very small with that statement: 1 Car, 1 track, excellent physics, vehicle tuning, online multiplayer, a few setting to customize the race and wheel support.

If I am missing a feature, PLEASE let me know so I can update this post. 👍

Last I heard they weren't planning on offering prizes beyond the trophies.

http://www.esportsearnings.com/players

The games where people are actually full time professionals offer significant prize money for placements. Sponsorships help, but you only get $40k+ a year of sponsorships if you can actually convince sponsors that they're going to get value out of it. That's pretty tough in a fledgling e-sport.

Even if they do not offer prizes now if sim racing goes mainstream they will come. Because in esports the money doesn't usually come from the developers, it usually comes from sponsored tournaments. At the moment competitive sim racing is so small no one will put up big dollars because they can't get their investment back. For major prize money to come sim racing needs to first go from an underground niche to the type of thing millions of people want to watch. Live broadcast of iRacing on TV is a good start but it will not be enough. What is required is a sim racing game that millions play and those people are likely to want to watch the best compete for big dollar prizes. Only when we get to the point where millions of people want to watch sim racing will we see big dollars thrown at champions. What we may see sooner is people making big dollars on youtube. Even that isn't possible with sim racing currently but if millions of people are competing then we may see people start watching sim racing videos.

Why are you threatening to move to other franchises? just do it already.

Wouldn't do that too fast if I were you. Most people that boycott it's almost like the last chance so to speak. Like I was boycotting PD after GT5. I got GT6, and kept telling myself "Hey if they release all updates to GT6 etc I'll stay." Well I kept checking into GTplanet front page for update news, and every time I'd say "It's still not enough for me to go buy it back(traded it in 3 weeks after I got it(Also checking GTplanet all the way up to Sept of last year for any relevant updates)).

Then last fall bought a Gaming Laptop(Yeah I know, but not settled in life to get a Desktop). Then it finally happened I left, and pretty much may never come back, but I'm saying all this to say.......

Wouldn't do what you're doing because some people will actually leave and never come back which in a way kills the fanbase. Yes I'm serious when I say that.

Hello everyone

So basically you're one of the members here that complains alot about how the GT franchise hasn't been good since GT_ (insert last game you liked)? Aiiyyy. I have some really good advise for you, and I'm being genuine, not sarcastic.

Move to another franchise. And by move, I mean expand. Why the **** do you think you're tied to one franchise man? That's ludicrous! There's so much you're missing! GT is an awesome experience, no matter what itteration.

Expand to PC. Try Asseto Corsa, or better yet, get serious about driving and racing and try out iracing for a few months!
or invest in an xbox one and the forza franchise. I'm a huge fan of GT. I've had every FFB wheel they've ever released for the past decade +. I'm not sitting around planning a boycot. I'm enjoying what's available NOW, while looking forward to anything upcoming in the GT franchise. It's really pointless to expect exactly what you desire. You're going to be disappointed regardless of the final product.
I swear, GT planet has the most outspoken fans and haters of any series, yet you all still post here and expect the game to head exactly in the direction you think it should.

Here's where I was a few years ago.

Here's what can be done when you expand your tastes in sim racing.

7HO
At the moment competitive sim racing is so small no one will put up big dollars because they can't get their investment back.

I know you're familiar with iRacing. $10,000 isn't exactly nothing.

For major prize money to come sim racing needs to first go from an underground niche to the type of thing millions of people want to watch.

Or if Polyphony and Sony are serious about jumpstarting it then they could just do it. If you make it, they will come, as the people say.

Blizzard didn't wait for third parties to start doing sponsored tournaments when they put out Heroes of the Storm to try and compete with the likes of DotA2, they just started hosting their own majors. It's not the size of DotA2 and probably never will be, but a year in it's got a pretty sizeable audience and a number of professional teams worldwide.

Sony and Polyphony are not poor little indies that can't afford to boost their own esports series for the first year. Especially if they're smart about it and make money off advertising and additional sales. I don't see the point in just throwing a game designed for esports into the market and then not backing it all the way.

If they want it to be big don't start small and cross your fingers that it goes viral. Just make it big from the get go. I mean, if you're spending $60 million to make a game like GT5, what is spending a few hundred thousand a year on hosting and prizes for premier events?

What we may see sooner is people making big dollars on youtube. Even that isn't possible with sim racing currently but if millions of people are competing then we may see people start watching sim racing videos.

Chicken and egg.

Why would people play if they're not interested? Why wouldn't they watch the current crop of sim racing videos if they are interested?

Millions of people are unlikely to suddenly jump into sim racing with no prizes or other enticements just because it has Gran Turismo on the front. And they might as well go play iRacing or pCARS if they're serious about competing.

http://www.projectcarsesports.com/home/project-cars-esports-gets-eur20000-prize-pool

There might be a large pool of casuals out there that just want to race semi-seriously around a track, but you don't build a proper e-sport without that top echelon of the best of the best. At the moment, I don't see any reason for those players to migrate to GTS.

Boycotting a game for not having features that you want? Isn't that just called being a consumer? Boycotts send messages to businesses that you're unhappy with their affairs and actions, and usually have little to do with the actual product they're selling. Going out of your way to not buy a product because of the quality of the product is not a boycott.

#BringBackGrandValley300
#modern activism

Kaz was clear in his interview. The GT as we know it is over. I'm sad but let's move on.

Back