Brilliant Racing Videos

Evo Magazine received a Yeti as a long-term test car a few years ago, and I have the feeling that blue one in the video has been inspired by the Evo guys. They wanted to hate it but they ended up loving it, doing all kind of crazy stuff with it, like bringing it to track days around England, fitting semi-slick tyres and embarrassing supercars. It was hilarious to read what they were doing with the Yeti every time a new Evo issue came out.
They even went to the Nurburgring with it: "Dickie Meaden drove us from London to the Nurburgring then without a break pulled straight onto the track. Four up with luggage in a 1.8 Skoda Yeti. M3's and Porsche's had no chance!"

Evo Magazine received a Yeti as a long-term test car a few years ago, and I have the feeling that blue one in the video has been inspired by the Evo guys. They wanted to hate it but they ended up loving it, doing all kind of crazy stuff with it, like bringing it to track days around England, fitting semi-slick tyres and embarrassing supercars. It was hilarious to read what they were doing with the Yeti every time a new Evo issue came out.
They even went to the Nurburgring with it: "Dickie Meaden drove us from London to the Nurburgring then without a break pulled straight onto the track. Four up with luggage in a 1.8 Skoda Yeti. M3's and Porsche's had no chance!"

It's not the evo one that one is fitted with an 850bhp TT RS engine.

THE CHEVROLET MOTORSPORTS HOUR PREEZENTS... the British Touring Car Championship!

[Commercial Break]

Full US coverage of rounds 3 & 4 of the 1995 BTCC season.

[Commercial Break]

Why brilliant?

[Commercial Break]

- Rare video
- 1995 is the best touring car season; peak supertouring
- It's the Charlie Cox race where he storms through in the wet
- Steve Slater
- Volvo 850
- Tim Harvey wins

Last edited:
If anyone is able to get a link for it, world supersport race round 4 @ Monza 2013
Sam lowes on a bike lacking top speed but with a bit a title contender
Against 3 fast bikes with not so competitive riders it's good race to watch for any racing fan if it's out there somewhere

Frank Stippler driving an ex-Fangio Maserati 250F Piccolo to a very hard fought 2nd place in the 2014 Monaco GP for historic GP cars before '61. The Maser has a great sound, and the driver always seems to be correcting a series of small slides - even under braking!:eek:

Edit:
You might notice that a Tec-Mec won that race. The Tec-Mec would have been the worthy 1958 successor to the 250F Maserati if designer Valerio Colotti had stayed and Maserati had any money. It was lighter, stiffer, had fully independent rear suspension and perhaps most importantly, disc brakes. As it was, it appeared only as collection of parts in 1959 in private hands, doing very poorly.

Raced in the historics beginning in the 90's, once the suspension and handling were sorted, it became the winner it "could have been" back in the day. The 2015 Monaco historics were also won by the Tec-Mec.

Last edited:
I recommend you use your best set of in-ear buds or headphones, and turn up the volume to the highest comfortable level. ;)

The world's finest drivers and best looking women turn out for the LA Times Grand Prix at Riverside, 1963. No one seems to be strapped into these cars, the fastest road racing cars in the world at the time. Rollover bars are minimal to non-existent. Winner Dave MacDonald was the hairiest driver I've ever seen in my life. He died the following year at Indy, taking several people with him.

I love all these sounds. but even more, I thrill to be right next to the track when a pack of big-bore V-8's go down the straight on the first lap and the ground literally shakes beneath your feet. That's my first unforgettable memory of sound in motorsport. The 2nd was a single Formula One Matra V-12 circulating in practice at Long Beach.

Two very talented sportscar drivers battling it out in completely bonkers SC430s, enough to warrant it as the "Clash of the Titans"

Many SUPER GT500 drivers don't get the credit they deserve worldwide, Juichi is a hell of a driver.

Last edited:

Two very talented sportscar drivers battling it out in completely bonkers SC430s, enough to warrant it as the "Clash of the Titans"

Many SUPER GT500 drivers don't get the credit they deserve worldwide, Juichi is a hell of a driver.

Holy s:censored:!!!

That was a great dice 👍

I wish those SC430's sounded like that in the game :indiff:

It's just worth watching...if you love Rally, Chris Harris or Group B, Group S, etc. It brings me joy to see one of my favourite auto-journalists have such a blast with some legendary machines and drivers.

Latest Posts

Back