Brilliant Racing Videos

Roo
Shared by GTPlanet on Facebook but not on the forum itself, as far as I can see, footage from the 1962 Monaco GP shot on 70mm film:

What a great film.

It's from 1961 going by the cars in the race & the winner being Bruce McLaren.

How different does the track look around the tunnel area & how's the swimming pool section prior to the track going around it.
Great stuff.

Roo
Shared by GTPlanet on Facebook but not on the forum itself, as far as I can see, footage from the 1962 Monaco GP shot on 70mm film:

"And that's Phil Hill, last year's champ.

And looks to be this year's ex-champ."

Another great F1 video where words are not minced.

I had this lap saved on my PSP and hadn't watched it for years. I watched it today and thought I'd post it here.

It's a lap of the Nordschleife wit a Viper chasing a Porsche during a VLN(?) race and it's completely manic.

The first question I have is, howin the hell did the Porsche re-pass the V10 Viper on the long straight?

Me thinks the gearing is too short 💡

Okay, it's not "brilliant" racing but it is very interesting nonetheless.

The absolute worst conspiracy of the 2000s.... exposed! Timo Glock's final lap of the 2008 Brasilian Grand Prix.

1992 TOCA Shootout

- Slowest qualifier starts first
- Fastest qualifier starts last
- After the first few laps, the last runner is eliminated each lap

A good bit of fun and it's a truly frantic, exciting race to watch. They should do more things like this every once in a while.

Memorable for a spectacular crash by Kieth Odor.

Sorry if this clip has been posted elsewhere in here. The footage itself is brilliant, but I wanted to get your thoughts on the quality of some of the clips. Someone else commented on the video voicing the same concern I had regarding a lot of the footage being 16:9 clips forced into a 4:3 view, all with a few exceptions which I concede were filmed in 4:3. Someone replied from the Goodwood channel itself that all footage was filmed in that 4:3 ratio and everyone else just jumped behind them to crucify the person with the original comment, even though I found the same clips in 16:9 with much better quality.

I love Goodwood, but whoever is running their youtube channel... I don't like that person very much.

Rather brilliant quality of the 1989 Japanese Grand Prix. Incident occurs around 11:30.

ESPN Classics Presents: 1973 British Grand Prix

The original, 50 minute broadcast. Commentary is by Raymond Baxter and Graham Hill. Includes the horror multiple car crash at the end of lap one.

Last edited:
The tweet says 'one of the bravest overtakes in f1 history'. I would say any overtake done in Eau Rouge/Radillion is waaaay braver.

This one still looks really cool because of the backmarker though, and only really possible because of him. Michael would have put Mika in the fence if they were the only two on track.

I don't think I've ever seen an onboard of quite how far back Häkkinen was at the start of the lap.

Back from the day when drivers could overtake an opponent WITHOUT the aid of trap-door rear wings or hocus pocus, voodoo Energizer buttons.

Hello everyone!
My name is André Tavares (PSN ID Tavilha) and I currently race a Honda Civic Type R EP3 in the portuguese championship "Open de Velocidade".
This is a car that I've built myself with my friend and teammate Miguel Mota. There's still a long way to go in terms of suspension tuning but nonetheless we secured a class win in the car's first race ever.
There are a lot of Hondas stowed away in Portugal or just racing in track days, so our ambition is to run something like the VTEC Challenge in Portugal next year...

I started racing in 2016 in a Fiat Punto that I still own and now rent for track days, races and championships. I was national vice-champion with the Fiat in 2017 in the portuguese Legends FEUP2 cup. My goal is to win the 2019 championship in the new car!

Here are a few videos from our first 2019 race in Estoril. Hit like and subscribe if you please, as it would be a great help to spread the word both in Portugal and abroad.

Thanks and enjoy!

Here's also my Facebook racing page if you're keen on following the news! Www.facebook.com/andretavaresracing

2004 Italian Grand Prix

First three laps, no commentary.

It's rather novel to try your own commentary in your head and see if you can keep up.

One of the most chaotic starts to an F1 race, the first 5 Laps of the 2001 Malaysian Grand Prix

Back