Brilliant Racing Videos

I've watched this video over & over, so impressive, he drives just like his Dad & has the same level of enthusiasm, I think he is going to go far, its going to be entertaining watching him rise to the top level.

A rather nifty video celebrating 25 years since the 1994 Formula One season, one of the best and worst seasons in the history of the championship. It starts with a video A-Z of all 46 drivers that season before highlights and key moments from all 16 races.

That is pretty cool. I don't know if it looks scarier with the exposed rocks etc (and reflector posts just before the cutting - about 1:15 in the first video) or the claustrophobic cube walks we have now.
I've never driven the track, but my dad ride a motorbike around it in the late 70's - apparently it was hard work keeping wheels on the ground over the humps on Conrod at 90mph.

14 uninterrupted onboard laps with Max Verstappen at the 2016 Brazilian Grand Prix as he fights his way up from 16th to 3rd.

He noticably takes different lines to the other drivers. His wider lines give him a better slingshot along the straights but also keep him out of the disruptive mist of other drivers.

It's easy to forget that he had just turned 19 when this race happened. This was 20 minutes with a stiff drink well spent.

Last edited:
Great battle between Cam Waters, Chaz Mostert, Scott McLaughlin and David Reynolds for 3rd in the closing laps of the second race last weekend.

It hadn't really occurred to me that these days drivers are now braking at the 50m mark for the slow corners. Those are incredible brakes.

Roo

I’ve already seen the whole race & many others that include the amazing Nick Swift in a Mini.

Never seen anyone pedal a little brick as good as him & those rear tyres do their share of the work.

Brilliant 👍

This is not your normal racing video.

This is a presentation given by Dr John Hinds on the injuries a first response rider can come across on an Irish or Northern Irish motorbike road race. It's 45 minutes long and presented with great, dry humour from a man who really knows his stuff. If you have the time to watch it I thoroughly recommend you do.

Tragically Hinds died while responding to an accident in 2015 at the Skerries Road Races, in County Dublin, Ireland. During the presentation he mentions how Northern Ireland doesn't have an air ambulance; nowadays it does, and its call sign is Delta 7, which was Dr Hinds' call sign at race events.

WARNING - some swearing and some photos of traumatic injuries, some of which are graphic, although none are of fatalities. The thumbnail is of Hinds on his bike, and is not an unsettling image.

In the absence of anywhere else to post this video:

An engrossing 7 minutes on the designing and building of F1's trophies.

I'm really surprised people weren't dying left, right and centre at old circuits Zandvoort. It's an insane track where any milimetric mistake will send you flying into trees or people.

You don't have to agree with all of his viewpoints on Formual One but this hour long talk with Frank Dernie is brilliant.

I find understanding anything to do with engineering very difficult but it doesn't dampen my enthusiasm and interest for this sort of content.

There's a nice series of these with John Barnard and Patrick Head.

Last edited:
Great video but the obvious engine swaps make for hilarious listening considering what you're looking at. So many Judd V8s.

From what I've read, the V10s are eye wateringly expensive to maintain and run for stuff like this. Seems the only F1 car that is able to run its V10 intact (apart from the Ferraris because well its Ferrari) is the 2006 Toro Rosso STR2.

Last edited:
From what I've read, the V10s are eye wateringly expensive to maintain and run for stuff like this. Seems the only F1 car that is able to run its V10 intact (apart from the Ferraris because well its Ferrari) is the 2006 Toro Rosso STR2.

That's what I've always wondered while watching Bozzy's videos and others of these classic race car weekends etc. Just how much does it cost to maintain all of these cars and who really owns them?

I too want a mega-rich friend that drives like Mr Magoo, but loves to look at his extensive, rare car collection in action.

He can use me to blow the cobwebs out of the exhaust pipes & deglaze the bores.

No, no trouble at all. I insist my good friend :mischievous:

Back