Brute Force, American Or English?

American Or English? Brute Force!!!

• Dodge Viper GTS

Votes: 52 73.2%
  • Aston Martin Vantage V8

Votes: 19 26.8%

• Total voters
viper.
vantage has less of just about everything, except weight. ugly, too. and why the hell can't i vote?! do the polls have something against me?

Why the V8 vantage you wouldve picked the worst handling English car in the game. It just wallows like a big fat wallowy thing, I mean you couldve picked a car that can go round corners withought looking like bodyroll central, Lotus Esprit, TVR Tuscan, Hell even the Speed 12 has better handling, or even better a vanquish!

Viper, the Viper looks sexier and looks more faster.

Besides I have seen a Viper on a racing track, but not the V8 Vantage. I havent seen it.

i'd go with everyone else, the viper is like greased lightning, but comparing a corvette and an aston martin is like comparing a volkswagen with a jaguar, it's a whole different story once you get inside the car

In Gt3 neither car is that great in my opinion. But they are definitely good cars. The only reason I chose the Vantage is because my cousin owns a black viper and a black NSX. And he has said that the NSX is 10x better than the Viper and it is kind of crapily built compared to some of the other cars he has had and the Viper doesnt seem to handle as well at top speeds as the other vehicles either.

The two cant be compared. One is a V8 Supercharged, the other is a 9.0L V10. I would pick the Viper because it is NA and also faster than a Vantage around a track. But this poll isnt appropriate.

Viper. It weighs less than the Vantage, and also has more horses and better handling. Much better look, too. I have never liked the V8 Vantage. It is fast for only having a V8, but it is just so big and doesn't look good. It is the heaviest car in GT2 and GT3.

Originally posted by delucani
In Gt3 neither car is that great in my opinion. But they are definitely good cars. The only reason I chose the Vantage is because my cousin owns a black viper and a black NSX. And he has said that the NSX is 10x better than the Viper and it is kind of crapily built compared to some of the other cars he has had and the Viper doesnt seem to handle as well at top speeds as the other vehicles either.

The Viper is a stripped-down race car, esepcially the earlier ones -- they had crappy little plastic curtains instead of windows. Obviously the NSX would be a more comfortable car and better in just about every respect except sheer power.

Originally posted by ving
in gt3, i'd go the viper....
but IRL, the Vantage wins hands down for me. Much better build quallity :)

The Vantage is no doubt a nicer car IRL, but I'd still be skeptical of the build quality of a Ford.

Originally posted by BadBatsuMaru
The Vantage is no doubt a nicer car IRL, but I'd still be skeptical of the build quality of a Ford.

Are you saying that because of the Ford > Aston Martin thing?
Meh, just because they were bought out by ford doesn't mean there manufacturing process changed or anything. I mean to my knowledge (which is rough at best) the cars are still hand built in the Newport Pagnell factory. Although i'm not sure if the engine is sourced from Ford though, although the V8 Vantage has stopped production now anyway. Mind you European Fords of late have been pretty reliable according to err, stuff or something. Famine could probably help me here on that. :D

Originally posted by BadBatsuMaru

that might be so but it'd be better that the viper, trust me ;)

Originally posted by ving
that might be so but it'd be better that the viper, trust me ;)

Heck no!

The Viper all the way...although I might be a bit biased. :P

It has to be the Vantage.

Vantage - Big supercharged V8 that sounds amazing. Interior like Blenheim Palace (Big Stately Home).

Viper - pickup engined, roofless phallus.

Nuff said :-)

Originally posted by MagicBoy
It has to be the Vantage.

Vantage - Big supercharged V8 that sounds amazing. Interior like Blenheim Palace (Big Stately Home).

Viper - pickup engined, roofless phallus.

Nuff said :-)

he said Viper GTS which has a roof

Originally posted by MistaY
Are you saying that because of the Ford > Aston Martin thing?
Meh, just because they were bought out by ford doesn't mean there manufacturing process changed or anything. I mean to my knowledge (which is rough at best) the cars are still hand built in the Newport Pagnell factory. Although i'm not sure if the engine is sourced from Ford though, although the V8 Vantage has stopped production now anyway. Mind you European Fords of late have been pretty reliable according to err, stuff or something. Famine could probably help me here on that. :D

You're right on both counts - however the Vantage is no longer in production. The new Vantage, set for 2005, looks a lot like the Vanquish and is quite a bit lighter.

The V8 Vantage, and it's predecessor the V8 Virage, were hand built in a single factory in Newport Pagnell. Aston Martin are also legendary for their after-sales service - they work on the theory that you drive any other car, you OWN an Aston. They have been known to do ANYTHING to a customer's car to make it to his satisfaction - there are DB7 Shooting Brakes out there (that's an estate, or a "station wagon"). They even converted one guy's DB5 to LHD when he moved to Germany. Then he came back and they converted it back again!

Ford Europe's cars are now amongst the most reliable in Europe. In a recent test in Germany - all cars have a test when they reach 3 years old, then each year from then on (like our MoT test) - no Ford Focus tested throughout the country of 3yo (and that's around 250,000 cars) had a fault severe enough to fail the test, and 99.7% of them had no faults at all. Ford's cars are now ranking very highly in JD Power satisfaction surveys, but get royally screwed over by the mostly idiotic Ford sales/service staff (and I exclude Carters of Chapeltown from this - they rock... http://www.cartersford.co.uk/ - although Invicta Motors in Kent suck ass in the largest way possible).

But I don't know where the V8 Vantage's engine comes from either. Since the model has been around since long before Ford were interested, I wouldn't think it's a Ford unit though.

BTW The Viper and the Vantage are BOTH NA. Supercharging is not the same thing as Turbocharging.

<-----------Avatar

I was in a Dodge dealer the other day, they had 2 yellow RT/10's & 1 GTS Final Edition :drool: :drool: :drool:
It's not the first time I've seen a Viper in person, but the experience is always special!!!! All I can say is photo's do not do these cars justice & I swear they have an aura about them!! Just looking at these things is intense!

Back