Brute Force, American Or English?

American Or English? Brute Force!!!

• Dodge Viper GTS

Votes: 52 73.2%
  • Aston Martin Vantage V8

Votes: 19 26.8%

• Total voters
Originally posted by BadBatsuMaru
The Vantage is no doubt a nicer car IRL, but I'd still be skeptical of the build quality of a Ford.

Just because Dodge is now owned by Mercedes dosen't mean it is the same quality. My friend had a 87 Charger when I had my 69 Charger. His car was a piece of crap. Not only that but Dodge mechanics, and he went to a lot of them, couldn't figure out what was wrong with it. They ended up buying it back from him when his mother threatened them with a lawsuit.:lol:

Ford has done a good job with their quality control problems of the past. Just how good depends on the model of car. Their more affordable cars seem to have the most quality problems it seems. Most of those cars come from where?:D

Dude, let's not talk about the Iacocca years! It's embarassing. Fine, the K-car saved Chrysler & the Caravan is a huge (selling) legacy. But when he called an Omni 024 a Charger.............:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Famine

BTW The Viper and the Vantage are BOTH NA. Supercharging is not the same thing as Turbocharging.

the supercharged Vantage is not natually aspirated it is supercharged(which is different to turbocharging)
the supercharger still forces air into the engine

Originally posted by Driftster
Whoa, famine thought Supercharger was N/a, makes me wonder if his insight is as good as I thought it was.

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and assume Famine isn't a complete moron.

I think he's talking about the fact that in GT3, the options are Turbo or NA, and the Vantage is NA (even though it's actually supercharged), just like the Mercedes SLK is Turbo (even though it's actually supercharged).

thats what i also thought he meant

i couldnt believe some like famine thinking a supercharged car is n/a

BadBatsu, you gotta remember that it says "SUPERCHARGER" on Gran Turismo man. Same for the SLK, the only thing is you MOD it in the turbo catagory.

Originally posted by Driftster
BadBatsu, you gotta remember that it says "SUPERCHARGER" on Gran Turismo man. Same for the SLK, the only thing is you MOD it in the turbo catagory.

Well duh...what do you think he just said...

Why, the Vantage makes more HP Than the viper, The Vantage is a Twin supercharged 5.3L V8 that makes 550HP while the Viper GTS makes 500 Now, but made 450 in the older trim.

i think the speed 12 would be a fairly good match for the viper:)

Actually stock for stock i'd like to see them race,now that I think of it, it'd probably be closer than we all think. I mean the extra 100HP probably plays one hell of a roll, and considering Vipers don't really have great low end going against a twin supercharged car. I think it'd be neck and neck.

Cause the Aston Marin V8 Vanquish does the 0-60 in 4.6 seconds IRL, I wanna see what the viper does it in, then i'll test the 2 in GT3, see who gets the best lap time out of the 2.

Alright, I took both a Stock (No oil change) Dodge Viper GTS and a Aston Martin V8 Vanquish to Trial Mountain (due to it having both descents and inclines) And ran them without TCS/ASM for the realistic aspects of the cars

Dodge Viper GTS
Consistant 1:38's
Fastest 1:38: 215

Aston Martin V8 Vanquish
Consistant 1:36's
Fastest 1:36:138

0-400M
Dodge Viper GTS
with TCS/ASM
w/o TCS/ASM

Aston Martin V8 Vanquish
with TCS/ASM
w/o TCS/ASM
Mid 13's, ewwwww

Top Speed(No TCS/ASM, 8 laps each at test course)
Dodge Viper GTS
186.8mph
Aston Martin V8 Vanquish
195.6+Mph (couldn't take it up any further on test course)

Verdict: IMO The Vanquish could be even faster, because I was still having trouble handling that car,and after this test it makes me want to learn how to drive it, because it can be very mean.
I was suprized that the viper beat the Vanquish in the 400M, but then again I wasn't after seeing how HORRIBLE the Vanquish' traction problem is, i mean geez. I still think it'd be down to a drivers race, but i'd put my money on the vanquish.

well according to your test....
400m. vanquish held back by traction problems and prolly weight too so acceleration is slower.
but
looking at lap times it sugests that the vanquish has better handling than the viper!

strange.. maybe the weight helped settle the car a bit?

The Vanquish was EXTREMELY outclassed in the 400m, but it did handle VERY well, yeah the traction came into play in turn 1 and 2, and the last turn, but since ya know, I drift it was very easy to counter, worked to the vanquishes advantage in many ways, the viper just wouldn't turn into the corners unless it was either sliding, which it didn't do well(wich is both a good thing and a bad thing) or braking into the turn. I did 1 lap against the Vipers fastest lap ghost with the vanquish, the viper never lost pace with the Vanquish except on the first second and last turns, the rest of the time it never REALLY lost ground or gained ground, except for slightly on the back straight away

As for the TVR, best 400M time i've gotten so far was 12:716 and that's WITH TCS. and it's top speed was 189 and change, it was crawling in mph very slow, but it was speeding up none the less.

Well the TVR beat them at TM aswell with a 1:34:651
I aslo forgot to mention in the rundown that the Aston martin's breaking was one of it's big advantages over the viper.

Back