Brute Force, American Or English?

American Or English? Brute Force!!!

• Dodge Viper GTS

Votes: 52 73.2%
  • Aston Martin Vantage V8

Votes: 19 26.8%

• Total voters
In real life, I think the TVR Speed 12 is the only car you could drive that would actually make a Viper's handling seem good...

Originally posted by Driftster
Cause the Aston Marin V8 Vanquish does the 0-60 in 4.6 seconds IRL, I wanna see what the viper does it in, then i'll test the 2 in GT3, see who gets the best lap time out of the 2.

i just checked supercars.net and in real life the 1997 Dodge Viper GTS (450Bhp version) also does 0-60 in 4.6 sec

the 500Bhp viper in supercars.net doesnt have a 0-60 time listed
but i read in a book that the 500BHP version does 0-60 in 4.2sec

hi.

1968 Plymouth S/S Barracuda ** 426 Hemi V8 425 10.5 130 MCR
1968 Dodge S/S Hemi Dart ** 426 Hemi V8 425 10.5 129 MCR
2003 Ferrari Enzo 6.0L V12 660 10.8 135 MT
1969 Chevrolet Corvette ** ZL1 427 V8 430 10.9 132 PM

4 Fastest stock production cars.

3 Are american, ones an overly expensive ferarri.

American has brute force.

Originally posted by bengee
the 500bhp gtsr supposedly does 3.8 seconds i believe... fantasycars. con

yeah i know ive seen other places say the same everywhere says different things, i put the one that says 4.2 because i couldnt be bothered with people doubting it and saying they want proof. etc

Hemi's rule, Hah! I had a 426 Hemi and I tried to get some competition cams for it, but nobody would touch it. It is much to "finicky" to try to get the right combination of tunnings to make it run just right. But I was young and foolish then.

That's why a lot of older "Daytona" Chargers and Charger 500s had the 440 engine in them. Tuning a Hemi is tough job to say the least, but trying to get one to run properly when it starts to act up in a race is just plain murder.

Hemispherical engines are just too damn difficult to deal with. Plus every moron thinks it is the best engine that Mopar has ever built which is simply not true. That would be the 440.:D

v8vantage2.jpg

purdy!!

Solid, I've heard Hemis are hard to run, but I can't belive you couldn't find a cam for it. What about a Mopar "Purple Shaft" ( I know they're expensive) Or Comp., Crane. Doesn't Dick Landy have a shop out there?

P.S. I hope you're not calling me a moron. There's nothing wrong with the 440, But the Hemi set & broke MANY drag racing records! It's the ONLY engine run by Top Fuel & Funny Cars in the NHRA & I think IHRA ( I don't follow them as much). Don't forget that it was banned by NASCAR for being TOO POWERFUL within the set guidelines.
I'm talking about the legacy here, not what the average shade-tree guy can do with it.

Originally posted by Rat Bastid
Solid, I've heard Hemis are hard to run, but I can't belive you couldn't find a cam for it. What about a Mopar "Purple Shaft" ( I know they're expensive) Or Comp., Crane. Doesn't Dick Landy have a shop out there?

Oops, I wasn't clear before, sorry. I meant that I couldn't find anybody that would put one in for me. It would be to difficult for them, and would take too much time and way too much money for them to do it right. These guys were kind of looking out for me too. I didn't believe it then, but I believe it now that NO 16 year-old kid should have a 426 Hemi with high performance parts. The cam I had was a Competition Cam HP. It had lobes on it the size of ping pong paddles. :lol:

Originally posted by Sominon
hi.

1968 Plymouth S/S Barracuda ** 426 Hemi V8 425 10.5 130 MCR
1968 Dodge S/S Hemi Dart ** 426 Hemi V8 425 10.5 129 MCR
2003 Ferrari Enzo 6.0L V12 660 10.8 135 MT
1969 Chevrolet Corvette ** ZL1 427 V8 430 10.9 132 PM

4 Fastest stock production cars.

3 Are american, ones an overly expensive ferarri.

American has brute force.
I just wanna tell you that 1/4 times have nothing to do with how FAST a car is. 1/4 times show how well the car can accelerate in a given amount of space, not how FAST a car is. I know you probably have a different idea of what "FAST" is, but it seems a little off.
And i'm sorry to let you know, but those cars are NORTH AMERICA'S Fastes 4 stock production cars.
I'm sure you knew that and just left out that one crucial word seeing as how you copied and pasted that information DIRECTLY FROM THE WEBSITE
http://www.autofacts.ca/classics/fast.htm
now
As you notice at the top of the page, 3 of the 4 cars are american, and cooincidentaly those 3 have stars next to them that say signify, those tests arn't accurate, meaning all these specs were gotten from computer simulations in 100% perfect environments, aswell as being EQUIPPED WITH SLICKS, yeah the factory intended these cars to be raced with slicks, but they were not equipped with slicks stock. Now putting that into consideration it's VERY VERY likely that the following cars in the list would replace those cars. Which would mean there would be 2 american cars and 2 Foreign cars. the 2 American cars being
2002 Mosler MT900 Photon LS6 350 V8
2003 Saleen S7 427 V8
and the foreign cars being
The Ferrari
And the McLaren F1

not only that, they only made 70 of the S/S's and 48 Dart's

Phew! 16 with a Hemi! I couldn't afford the GAS for one at that age! (Only in Cally.....) Heh.... I wouldn't have known what to do with it either!
Hell, I'm 33 with a '69 GTX COMPLETELY disassembled in a garage & I'm pulling my hair out! BTW; It's a beat-up 383 I'm boring out to 440.

Originally posted by Solid Lifters
but I believe it now that NO 16 year-old kid should have a 426 Hemi with high performance parts

no 16 year old kid should have a 426 hemi at all:)

The 383 is what I ended up putting in my 69 Charger. It sounds really sweet with the right tunnings and parts, plus you can tune it to be a "driver" with good gas milege, yet still has great HP.

If you want a 440, just engine swap for one. It would be cheaper and easier unless you don't care about making it cheaper of easier. Sometimes it's just good to go for the experience and find out for yourself.

Good luck with your project and let me know how it goes from time to time. Maybe I can help.:D

I don't think the UPS guy would be too happy with us! :lol:
I like to stick with what I have (sutbborn pride, I guess.) I kept the 307 in my Cutlass 'cause 1985 was the last year for the OHV Olds V8, It's unique & I like a challenge.
Anyway, I think I have it pretty well planned out. Everything will be kits, basicly. Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, cam & aluminum heads (this thing's a money pit already!) Comp. valvetrain. Complete MSD rig. I'm researching different overbore kits..... ( I can't find my Summit catalog now....) I left everything at the garage. I know the bore is different, I think the stroke is too. Mopar Performance parts are so freakin' EXPENSIVE! I don't know where that came from, but it's true! ( It's real late over here.)
Needless to say, It's VERY early in the project. I just got the whole thing apart & has an entire 2-car garage STUFFED. EVERYTHING is getting redone. It hasn't been dragged, but it needs A LOT of help. I hope to get it done in the Spring & I'm probably getting Married in the meantime.............. This might take a while. :lol: :confused: :boggled: :crazy: :ouch: :D

Originally posted by Driftster
Alright, I took both a Stock (No oil change) Dodge Viper GTS and a Aston Martin V8 Vanquish to Trial Mountain (due to it having both descents and inclines) And ran them without TCS/ASM for the realistic aspects of the cars

Dodge Viper GTS
Consistant 1:38's
Fastest 1:38: 215

Aston Martin V8 Vanquish
Consistant 1:36's
Fastest 1:36:138

0-400M
Dodge Viper GTS
with TCS/ASM
w/o TCS/ASM

Aston Martin V8 Vanquish
with TCS/ASM
w/o TCS/ASM
Mid 13's, ewwwww

Top Speed(No TCS/ASM, 8 laps each at test course)
Dodge Viper GTS
186.8mph
Aston Martin V8 Vanquish
195.6+Mph (couldn't take it up any further on test course)

Verdict: IMO The Vanquish could be even faster, because I was still having trouble handling that car,and after this test it makes me want to learn how to drive it, because it can be very mean.
I was suprized that the viper beat the Vanquish in the 400M, but then again I wasn't after seeing how HORRIBLE the Vanquish' traction problem is, i mean geez. I still think it'd be down to a drivers race, but i'd put my money on the vanquish.

Did you take the Vanquish out or the V8 Vantage? The Vanquish is a V12, and a totally different car than the V8 Vantage...:|

Well think about it, considering you can only buy ONE of the 2, what would make more sense? Me going out and WINNING one just to test it stock, or buying one testing it, then resetting?

Um, brute force = torque and power to weight.

If you have alot of both, you accelerate quickly, top speed has nothing to do with brute force. A silly high turbo car and gt a top speed with aerodynamics, and a high power curve with nearly no torque. Thats not BRUTE.

Yes that was North Americas fastest cars, and if you make a production car thats not allowed world over, then you can't really include it. I don't know fo a single car made in america that can't be found in another country. Those few that you will bring up, were special orders, and the only orders that came through were in america, but they were available elsewhere. I personally have seen a dart run that time completely stock at Rockingham Dragstrip. Without slicks.

The car has never been officially tested, as it isn't a full production vehicle (you CAN go into a TVR showroom and buy one though - but Peter Wheeler will phone you up and try and talk you out of it).

It's estimated times are:
0-62mph (0-100km/h): 3.0s
Top Speed: 240mph

The 0-60mph time I have trouble believing. An 800hp FR with no Traction Control would take that long to stop the wheels spinning - I'll remind you that the official production world record is 3.06s in an 1100kg, 650hp 4WD group B rally car homologation special...

Originally posted by Famine
The car has never been officially tested, as it isn't a full production vehicle (you CAN go into a TVR showroom and buy one though - but Peter Wheeler will phone you up and try and talk you out of it).

TVR have showrooms? I didn't know that, I thought they just made to order...:embarrassed:

Originally posted by Famine
The 0-60mph time I have trouble believing. An 800hp FR with no Traction Control would take that long to stop the wheels spinning - I'll remind you that the official production world record is 3.06s in an 1100kg, 650hp 4WD group B rally car homologation special...

No, I've already heard it too many times! :P

Back