Brute Force, American Or English?

American Or English? Brute Force!!!

• Dodge Viper GTS

Votes: 52 73.2%
  • Aston Martin Vantage V8

Votes: 19 26.8%

• Total voters
ive seen a speed 12 that was at a car show a couple years ago and the TVR people were telling me its the fastest production car in the world:odd:

If it was, it would be. But it isn't. So it's not. :D

Peter Wheeler - the boss of TVR - doesn't like making or selling them. His own test drivers say it is "impossible" to drive on public roads, he drove one home for an evening and it "scared me ****less". The chances of some stupid rich kid destroying one and decapitating himself and a bus queue of elderly women is pretty high - so he tries to talk anyone who wants one out of it.

If you have alot of both, you accelerate quickly, top speed has nothing to do with brute force. A silly high turbo car and gt a top speed with aerodynamics, and a high power curve with nearly no torque. Thats not BRUTE.

Yes that was North Americas fastest cars, and if you make a production car thats not allowed world over, then you can't really include it. I don't know fo a single car made in america that can't be found in another country. Those few that you will bring up, were special orders, and the only orders that came through were in america, but they were available elsewhere. I personally have seen a dart run that time completely stock at Rockingham Dragstrip. Without slicks
it's not turbo it's twin supercharged, it has a very very good power curve, and it has more torque than the viper, AND it handles better, the thing is the VIPER is better in the 1/4 mile because it's power curve isn't that broad it's mostly high end because it's a n/a V10 with 450HP and 490lbs of torque as compared to a Twin Supercharged V8 with 550HP and 562 lbs of torque, so the Vantage is actually alot more "Brute" than the viper, it just doesn't get the traction of the viper from a dead stop, so almost everything you said is a load of donkey excrament.

You saw a dart run the same times as a car did in a VIDEO GAME, wow valid argument there. I've seen a CIVIC run times faster than those without slicks aslwee, same goes for Supra's, same goes for Skyline's same goes for Eclipses, same goes for alot of cars, your point was?
As far as "You don't know of a single american car that can't be found the world over"
Ok, how about a 1st generation Eagle Talon. Or perhaps a Dodge Avenger? Or hell, a GMC Sierra Classic.

I can't think of a single American car that IS available the world over... :D

American Cars The UK Gets:
Cadillac STS
Chevrolet Corvette Z06
Chevrolet Camaro Z28
Chrysler PT Cruiser
Chrysler Voyager (aka Dodge Caravan)
Chrysler Grand Voyager
Chrysler (yes Chrysler) Viper GTS
Chrysler Neon R/T
Ford Explorer
Jeep Wrangler
Jeep Cherokee
Jeep Grand Cherokee

That's it. And I'm not totally sure Chevrolet is still sold in the UK. And the Explorer was discontinued.

american cars australia gets

Chrysler PT Cruiser
SOON Chrysler Crossfire
Chrysler Neon
NEW Dodge Viper RT/10 and GTS
Ford explorer
Ford F series trucks
Ford Mustang GT Cobra [edit]
Chevrolet Suburban (i think they just stopped bring them over)

i think thats it

Originally posted by Driftster
Oh bologna, I know you got the Taures at one point in time

The what?

That list is NOW - current new American cars on sale in the UK. Except, as I said, I think Chevrolet have withdrawn (they sold 1 Corvette in 2001) and the Explorer I believe has been discontinued.

Originally posted by Driftster
You didn't get the Taurus either, awwwwww You're missin out, japan got the Taurus, and theirs is badazz

i have seen a coupe Tauruses (very rare) around but i dont think they were sold in australia, someone must have imported them

Lol, Viper is a chick magnet. HAH, Solid lifters had it 100% correct with that statement, you'll never attract more chicks with ANY American car than you would with a Aston Martin, i'm sorry it's just not possible, unless it's a Saleen S7, but then you'd probably get a heck of alot of guys too. Get yourself a V8 Vantage or a V12 Vanquish, honies galor. Oh BTW just as a side note, yesterday I saw the brand new 2003 Maserati Coupe, thank god ferrari bought Maserati and brought them back to the states, a beautiful beautiful car.

Yes - and thank God that Maserati listened to the American public and changed the distinctive, gorgeous "boomerang" tail-lights of the 3200GT to the awful, generic Mustang-clone tail-lights on the 4200GT...

Oh, hang on...

Back