<- BTCC-7 -> Ian_83 is the Champion!Finished 

• Thread starter rolo912011
  • 2,522 comments
Hmm it's tricky to do anything because of series that clash and we lose drivers. Maybe our best hope is tomorrow but I couldn't guarantee for sure that I'd be free. Feel free to go on without me in such a case and give your feedback.

Seems to only be a problem in busy rooms, so I'm not sure if we'll see it on a test. We never get more than a handful of drivers in at a time.

Bit of a fight for me to get on in the eve as wife likes her TV.
Plus I'm racing around getting sorted for work, as back in tonight for 7 nights.
Roll on next Friday morning.
My best test time will be Wednesday Morning but you all busy in the mornings

I could be available over the weekend. Not easy trying to schedule things at the moment though, life is pretty busy at the moment.

Yeah same here maybe playing golf Saturday morning and Sunday morning.
Just remembered I got next month off on my morning job.
Plus main job this week should be only small work loads, but heard that before.

It's meant to be calm before the storm really

After yesterday night i might just drop out, had a disconnection on season's best race at 30seconds to the end of race, and a stupid race ending situation in r2.

Grid is a bit too much "enthusiastic" for my tastes and eager to pass.

I'm not sure i'll be around next week things being like this. I feel that btcc has somehow lost some of its soul along the road, at least for me. I have thr feeling earlier seasons all were much much closer and cleaner.

Since it's mid-season, I'd like to make a couple of things known.

1. The Hyundai will get a 20kg weight reduction, so it's now 1420kg @AudiMan2011 @Harsk100 @swiftsmith @Dimse91

2. Pre-Qualifying... in its current format for absolutely definite, will not be returning next season. I'm still debating whether or not to run the 7-minute Qualifier only, but considering we've only been able to start Q 50% of the time this season, and actually had a Q race 25% of the time, I don't see the point in wasting all our time with it if the numbers aren't going to be there. It would honestly be simpler to go back to the 16-person lounge format and have reserves. Then the third race can come back.

After yesterday night i might just drop out, had a disconnection on season's best race at 30seconds to the end of race, and a stupid race ending situation in r2.

I'm not sure i'll be around next week things being like this. I feel that btcc has somehow lost some of its soul along the road, at least for me. I have thr feeling earlier seasons all were much much closer and cleaner.

I disagree , I think btcc has improved over the seasons and is closer now in terms of points and driver talent.

1. The Hyundai will get a 20kg weight reduction, so it's now 1420kg @AudiMan2011 @Harsk100 @swiftsmith @Dimse91

2. Pre-Qualifying... in its current format for absolutely definite, will not be returning next season. I'm still debating whether or not to run the 7-minute Qualifier only, but considering we've only been able to start Q 50% of the time this season, and actually had a Q race 25% of the time, I don't see the point in wasting all our time with it if the numbers aren't going to be there. It would honestly be simpler to go back to the 16-person lounge format and have reserves. Then the third race can come back.

I agree , missing the 3rd race now

I'm happy to take the weight cut for the Hyundai even though I've tried my absolute hardest to make use of the weight it had.

This is only my second season here but I don't see how it could get much closer or cleaner.

I disagree , I think btcc has improved over the seasons and is closer now in terms of points and driver talent.

I do not remember such big gaps from top to bottom, but maybe you mean that the driver's skill in the serie increased; this could be. Maybe it's just that i'm no more in line with other driver's skills.

And maybe my 1 every 2 races ratio of race ending crashes is just due to bad luck; but i do not remember such a bad ratio ever before in any of the seasons i run into. But, hey, i do not think i can say luck is on my side in races lol

I would personally like a power up or weight reduction on the scirroco i believe we lose too much time on straight, and if we get courses with ling straights then we get a deficit that we cant make up just in corners

such a strange day yesterday. all week i'd hit 49.2 and at one point a 49.0 im absolutely chufded with my 1st pole. i got a good start and for 9 laps i managed to keep the BMW's behind. then it went wrong (not my fault). you know when you press start or go in pits the car goes into auto drive? well that happened as i exited the final corner, so sorry skeng and quade. then i lost about 5 seconds in the pits, and the car went into auto drive another 3 times, i was lucky to finish 3rd, after a good last lap battle with skeng
and i have no idea what happened race 2 :(

take3-png.133877

Breaking News:
This just in worst driver in GTP history let go from United Nations Motorsports. Okay I guess this isn't surprising so bye.

Decent result with 7th in R1 then my bad luck struck again in R2 after running into the gravel at Paddock Hill on cold tyres then spinning off on the exit of the same corner on the next lap. Several laps before I got really spooked when @neljack and @Ian_83 split me either side on the front straight

Don't worry scared myself in the process too :lol:

OK, if that's what you'd like. Thanks for racing with us.
You welcome. I just can't do it, because I think that I'm joining too many series. After I got fired from UNM, I better retire and practice more, because my practice wasn't enough. So, see you in next season!

I would personally like a power up or weight reduction on the scirroco i believe we lose too much time on straight, and if we get courses with ling straights then we get a deficit that we cant make up just in corners

I'm also thinking of looking into this as well, especially with power circuits coming up. I notice the VW is now struggling. I will do my best to get some running in before Monday.

Back