<- BTCC-7 -> Ian_83 is the Champion!Finished 

• Thread starter rolo912011
  • 2,522 comments
I highly doubt it. I haven't run the VW since the newer spec, but the BMW was the slowest in the straights when I was testing all of the cars.

trust me, i couldn't get on the bmws in slipstream at brands, at 295, 1480 it is slow down straights

I think a 2:21 of sorts would be somewhere to start. I haven't had chance to run properly yet, only did an exploratory run in a car that needs an oil change, lol

If Bathurst causes us problems I'll be p'd off. Can we have a rule in place whereby if it all goes wrong the round is cancelled and a new track added to the calendar?

Yes. Already have either Grand Valley or Tokyo as contingencies.

I think a 2:21 of sorts would be somewhere to start. I haven't had chance to run properly yet, only did an exploratory run in a car that needs an oil change, lol

Yes. Already have either Grand Valley or Tokyo as contingencies.

TOKYO HOME OF BRENDON

Strange glitch on my GT, My LFA I couldn't get into it, so I restarted my game, when it loaded up my LFA didn't exist no more. So yeah look out for that.

Yh great, ill drive the Volkswagen Scirocco R '10 if there one free

Yeah there's space. What's your entry name?

Nobody showing their hand yet ?

Really curious to hear some lap times .

Renault 2:20.352
Volvo 2:20.382
Nissan 2:21.173
VW 2:21.644
Hyundai 2:21.699
Peugeot 2:21.795
Ford 2:22.325
BMW 2:22.382

Field not great at all here really.

Wilson Motorsport. psn is wilson_gpg

I'm really surprised at how slow the Ford is. Tempted to give it a 30kg weight loss to be honest.

The Nissan and Hyundai surprised me with how quick they are.

Gonna run the VW at 305 and see if it can have its 10hp back.

Much of the time lost on the BMW comes from the lack of torque. It causes there to be no power going up the mountain.

Renault 2:20.862
Volvo 2:20.882
VW (305hp) 2:20.956
Ford (1330kg) 2:21.024

VW (295hp) 2:21.644

Apologies, I made a bit of a boo with the top times. As you can see, adding the 10hp to the VW makes a big difference. The car can have its 10hp back.

Ford running at 1330 to come just to see. It may have been quick at Brands for me, but I think I will side with @neljack and look into it. It's a tough car to spec.
EDIT - Well, makes a big difference....​

Last edited:
Renault 2:20.862
Volvo 2:20.882
VW (305hp) 2:20.956
Ford (1330kg) 2:21.024

VW (295hp) 2:21.644

Apologies, I made a bit of a boo with the top times. As you can see, adding the 10hp to the VW makes a big difference. The car can have its 10hp back.

Ford running at 1330 to come just to see. It may have been quick at Brands for me, but I think I will side with @neljack and look into it. It's a tough car to spec.
EDIT - Well, makes a big difference....​

thanks mate, hope you can get the others up there aswell

Nice to see the Volvo looking strong at last. 👍

Is the VW retaining the 1480kg, because it was originally 305/1500kg, but you gave it a weight drop after making it 295bhp?

I know Bathurst is just one race but I might be considering to make a protest with all these spec changes mid season because as you can see the BMW is at the bottom of the time table and it isn't going to receive a spec change .

VW did need looking it as we know from pre season it is a weird car when it comes to specs but I dont think the Hyundai needed a change and the Nissan had a change before Spa.

You guys know i love to moan so I wont carry on for now .....

Nice to see the Volvo looking strong at last. 👍

Is the VW retaining the 1480kg, because it was originally 305/1500kg, but you gave it a weight drop after making it 295bhp?

Retains current weight yes.

I know Bathurst is just one race but I might be considering to make a protest with all these spec changes mid season because as you can see the BMW is at the bottom of the time table and it isn't going to receive a spec change .

VW did need looking it as we know from pre season it is a weird car when it comes to specs but I dont think the Hyundai needed a change and the Nissan had a change before Spa.

Nissan wasn't changed before Spa in the end. It's been the same spec all along.

Remember the BMW was very fast at Silverstone and Spa, both tracks I'd consider to be power based. What lap times are you doing in it? I could have another run and see if I can make more time.

I refrained from mentioning this but it does seem silly to make spec changes now, especially since we've known (and this track has confirmed it) that the bimmer is by far the slowest in the straights. It is just one race but with the points as tight as they are one race will be all it takes to knock us out of contention for the driver's title.
Remember the BMW was very fast at Silverstone and Spa, both tracks I'd consider to be power based. What lap times are you doing in it? I could have another run and see if I can make more time.
Slower than yours, as usual. The Bmw was fast in the corners at those tracks but we were still sitting ducks on the straights. And Skeng was fast at Spa, I was pretty slow.

My pb is a 2 22 6 , dont see it getting into 21s as Hurley said it struggles because of the up hill section and straights overall.

Its just not a good track for the car , I enjoy the track though .

Mid-season spec changes designed to prevent drivers of the slightly slower cars from having another 4 frustrated weeks with no real hope of winning. Also with next season in mind as well. Only the VW and Hyundai have actually changed, the Ford run was just exploratory although I am thinking of changing it.

Best I can offer for the BMW is running at current spec again to see if my lap time was just slow, and then after that perhaps a power boost, although since this is impossible to check since it isn't the heaviest car, I'd have to trust everyone else to run at 305. Weight cut for one week is of course the other alternative. But it is just one race.

A power boost or weight cut to the BMW would kill everyone at other tracks , as good as it is for my team I wouldn't accept that.

I understand your just trying to find a middle ground and keep the peace . It is tough to get the specs right especially when your really the only person who does the real testing.

Its just one race just like how autumn ring was just one race for the ff cars , the gap wasn't this big at autumn ring though .

My concern was that too many changes could possibly change the results of the entire championship.

Yeah, I don't think your lap was slow, it was quicker than what I've managed so far. I know you're doing your best to keep things even, Rolo. I'll be ok with whatever you decide and i agree with Skeng that a spec change for the bmw would likely be unfair to the other guys. We'll just have to score as many points as we can here and really push hard for the win in the last 3 races.

Back