<- BTCC-7 -> Ian_83 is the Champion!Finished 

• Thread starter rolo912011
  • 2,522 comments
yeah, this is going to be the difficult thing, making sure everyone is doing what they're supposed to do. thats why i personally prefer 1 make or tuning prohibited, but i understand you cant do this with a variety of cars

Well all the cars are being run at 305hp so it will be easy to weight check... as for the specific parts it would just have to be a trust thing. What else can you do in this game I suppose :indiff:

To be fair I'm starting to prefer the one-makes too. Better, closer racing plus a success penalty system that would actually work. Far less man hours to get right too.

Well just adjusted the rims back to the std size and will do some running just to see how I get on, reading around the forum it's mixed whether it has an effect or not.

Certainly seems to cause problems to cars with larger rear wheels, but will double check!

Well just adjusted the rims back to the std size and will do some running just to see how I get on, reading around the forum it's mixed whether it has an effect or not.

Certainly seems to cause problems to cars with larger rear wheels, but will double check!

Test it on the BMW pls m8, I will be online testing tomorrow morning about 09:00 to 13:00.
Really got a lot of testing on right now there the endurance then there the renault-megane and then this.

Really could do without work getting in my way at times :irked:

Testing Update 👍
I've completed running the 10 at Silverstone National (Max Speed Transmission set to 180) - times:

1. Peugeot RCZ - 1:00.712
  2. Nissan Skyline - 1:01.080
  3. Volvo C30 - 1:01.110
  4. Honda Accord - 1:01.112
  5. Hyundai Genesis - 1:01.153
  6. BMW 330i - 1:01.200
  7. Renault Megane - 1:01.206
  8. Ford Focus - 1:01.242
  9. VW Golf - 1:01.479
  10. Mini Countryman - 1:01.794

• Spec change for the Megane - it's now running Stage 2 Weight Reduction, Carbon Bonnet, Window Weight Reduction and 89kg ballast to reach 1280kg 👍 - Please see this post for full spec details: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...5-spaces-available.290310/page-4#post-9135315 - I will link this post in the OP of the thread and let you know when I update it.
  • Mini Countryman needs to be lightened, and that work is my next priority
  • VW Golf cannot be helped any more - adding weight reduction + ballast means it destroys Brands Hatch Indy, so I'll see how it goes on other tracks but it could be dropped for a second time
  • Peugeot RCZ is clearly a bit too nippy so I will have to work on that too. Will probably run a 207 as well to see if that's any easier.
👍

The change to the Megane, is that to slow it down or make it faster?

I'm running the new spec and I'm slower, but um not sure if that's what is ment to have happened lol :nervous:

Edit, is the 1400 on the ST correct? It just seems way to high.....

Also I'm pretty sure the wheel size had no effect as I'm running pretty close to my times from yesterday

Last edited:
Got a bit of testing done thanks priesty but then ps crashed :(
Now a little to sleeply to do more testing :(

Did get my time down to 50:5?? in the Bmw, also had a little go in the ST.
Did not really get on with that :/
Then bought some new cars and ps crashed.

Did have a little go in the BMW M3 2004
Tried it at 305bhp and 1400kg.
Not sure on the other setting but all was set back to default.
and weight was at the back, but I was running mid 49s

So I'm guessing it would need maybe 100 more kg adding, maybe more?

Any chance you can test it Rolo?

It looks better sounds better plus got a better sounding horn than the 330i
Just got a feeling in Rolo hands it be far to quick

The change to the Megane, is that to slow it down or make it faster?

I'm running the new spec and I'm slower, but um not sure if that's what is ment to have happened lol :nervous:

Edit, is the 1400 on the ST correct? It just seems way to high.....

Also I'm pretty sure the wheel size had no effect as I'm running pretty close to my times from yesterday

Well it was just a different method to reach the same weight for the Megane.. I know drivers will attempt to add as many tuning parts as possible (!), and even if I said people had to use Stage 1 + ballast, it is possible to get to 1280 using S2 + Ballast too so had to cover that. For a lot of FF cars they go faster if you add the extra weight stage and put more ballast on (which, as a side note, is probably going to make success ballast totally impractical). For me it's made no difference in lap time though - few thousandths either way but nothing to write home about. In any case, the Megane is another car that will need a weight snip soon anyway. Will let people know when I do.

I will be lowering the weight of the Ford. It is a bit too much. Again, will update when I have time to run a lower weight.

Ah OK, that's reassuring! I'll carry on running stock wheels though and encourage you all to do the same just in case.

Did have a little go in the BMW M3 2004
Tried it at 305bhp and 1400kg.
Not sure on the other setting but all was set back to default.
and weight was at the back, but I was running mid 49s

So I'm guessing it would need maybe 100 more kg adding, maybe more?

Any chance you can test it Rolo?

It looks better sounds better plus got a better sounding horn than the 330i
Just got a feeling in Rolo hands it be far to quick

BMW 330 looks fine for now, but if it runs into trouble that M3 would be one of the replacements I'd look at. 👍

BMW 330 looks fine for now, but if it runs into trouble that M3 would be one of the replacements I'd look at.

Cool no worries m8.

Quick note on wheel size I went back to standed size, my times where better this morning.
Could be down to me maybe getting quicker :rolleyes:

Another question is why don't you just test cars as standed?
Karsten just running bhp in the endurance gt300 race, why not just do the same here?

Or does it just make the cars to hard to pick?

Another silly question is why run FF and FR cars in the same race, if you want it fair.
Reason I say that is if like the bmw takes a rear tap the car becomes very unstable.
I don't think FF cars stuffer as much but could in fact maybe gain from doing a little racing bump up the inside of a FR car.
And as most my tests I seem to lose it somewhere in the BMW, I see seconds lost in that back end just a little out of shape.
Really makes it hard for me to pick the BMW as the car I would use, down to that reason.

Sorry for the questions and even more sorry if you covered the questions I'm asking before :embarrassed:

Cool no worries m8.

Quick note on wheel size I went back to standed size, my times where better this morning.
Could be down to me maybe getting quicker :rolleyes:

Karsten just running bhp in the endurance gt300 race, why not just do the same here?

Another silly question is why run FF and FR cars in the same race, if you want it fair.
Reason I say that is if like the bmw takes a rear tap the car becomes very unstable.
I don't think FF cars stuffer as much but could in fact maybe gain from doing a little racing bump up the inside of a FR car.
And as most my tests I seem to lose it somewhere in the BMW, I see seconds lost in that back end just a little out of shape.
Really makes it hard for me to pick the BMW as the car I would use, down to that reason.

Sorry for the questions and even more sorry if you covered the questions I'm asking before :embarrassed:

My times going back to normal rims were pretty much the same, 1 or 2 were faster 1 or 2 were slower, there wasn't much in it but I've just put it down to me being inconsistent and getting better at Brands. They handled the sane as far as I could tell.

Re FF/FR, the series is based on the actual BTCC series which has a mix of drivetrains but are all pretty much spec'd the same

Thanks to rolo, priesty and madbean for the time and headaches put into this, I'll start contributing tomorrow around midday. I'd love to spend the day tearing round Brands but if you want some data for other tracks, let me know.

Re rim change; the glitch causes the rear wheels to change width to the same as the front, so this won't effect FF as they are almost always the same, but I agree that stock rims should be used.

Re FR; There's definitely a disadvantage with contact at the rear (I can't remember a single BTCC weekend where a BMW hasn't been taken out unfairly) but they have a slight advantage around most types of corner so I guess it's down to the brave ones who want to take that risk. I think a BMW should be in the list, although I won't be one of the brave ones! I prefer FR but not against a field of FFs!

Re Suspension tuning; this is the issue for me at the moment. I find the standard setting on fully customisable to be worse than stock, the spring rate stays the same but the dampers are stiffer so you kind of bounce off the curbs, so I'm not sure if that's the best benchmark to use. I haven't fully figured out suspension tuning in GT6 yet so if I tuned the suspension on all the cars, my test lap times that I do tomorrow would be determined by how well I set the car up, which is obviously not good because two cars could be evenly matched but the setup makes one slower. You could even have a situation where one car suits the fully customisable more than another. I have a proposal; I'd like to tune them exactly how you have said with the exception of Racing Soft suspension instead of fully customisable. The Racing Soft is tailored to each car so handling improves a lot, and nothing is adjustable. If you were planning on leaving fully customisable on standard setting for the championship itself then I think some people may likely cheat, and racing soft would render that option obsolete.

Not really played around with the 'racing' suspension, admittedly I can't tune for s**t so it is something I would have probably ran in the series Altho I was planning on running racing hard suspension.....

I'll be on from 4ish if anybody is about then.....

In both cases it's just the traditional BTCC way. I think running cars as standard would a) make them feel very slow and b) lead to massive discrepancies in car performance. We've got to fiddle with things to make them all competitive. As priesty says too, FF/FR combos are standard in BTCC, although I agree it is difficult to balance them fairly. That said, it seems GT6 has been kind to us on that front thus far, although that can change.... I don't find FR cars particularly fun to drive either, especially not in a race situation. The tail-happiness bugs me.

Thanks to rolo, priesty and madbean for the time and headaches put into this, I'll start contributing tomorrow around midday. I'd love to spend the day tearing round Brands but if you want some data for other tracks, let me know.

Re rim change; the glitch causes the rear wheels to change width to the same as the front, so this won't effect FF as they are almost always the same, but I agree that stock rims should be used.

Re FR; There's definitely a disadvantage with contact at the rear (I can't remember a single BTCC weekend where a BMW hasn't been taken out unfairly) but they have a slight advantage around most types of corner so I guess it's down to the brave ones who want to take that risk. I think a BMW should be in the list, although I won't be one of the brave ones! I prefer FR but not against a field of FFs!

Re Suspension tuning; this is the issue for me at the moment. I find the standard setting on fully customisable to be worse than stock, the spring rate stays the same but the dampers are stiffer so you kind of bounce off the curbs, so I'm not sure if that's the best benchmark to use. I haven't fully figured out suspension tuning in GT6 yet so if I tuned the suspension on all the cars, my test lap times that I do tomorrow would be determined by how well I set the car up, which is obviously not good because two cars could be evenly matched but the setup makes one slower. You could even have a situation where one car suits the fully customisable more than another. I have a proposal; I'd like to tune them exactly how you have said with the exception of Racing Soft suspension instead of fully customisable. The Racing Soft is tailored to each car so handling improves a lot, and nothing is adjustable. If you were planning on leaving fully customisable on standard setting for the championship itself then I think some people may likely cheat, and racing soft would render that option obsolete.

:cheers: I'll also add True-blue, Street-King, canyon and skeng to that list of thank-yous, as they've also done some running over the past 10 days or so. If you wanna start with Brands, feel free, specs are all there in the OP. All you gotta do is change Max Speed between tracks.

Ah glad to have that clarified, cheers. Yeah stock is smartest, I hope they fix the bug before March :scared:

It's always been the case in this series where various brave folk have pitched for a BMW - Red_Leader nearly won the Season 5 title even though the BMW was unfortunately clearly inferior that time. I'm not brave enough to pick one, but I've gotta test them in case others do!

I see, that's a really interesting point I hadn't really considered. I'm like priesty, utterly terrible at tuning, so I tend not to bother! I've been tempted to cut suspension tuning out of this series by enforcing the running of stock parts. Racing Soft sounds very interesting indeed - if you want to do a set of running at Brands with that installed and compare your times to mine on default customised then go ahead, I'd be very curious to see the results. I don't mind if you're a second quicker or faster than me - consistency between the cars is what I'm after (at Brands 3-4 tenths covering the field is what I found). I wouldn't leave customisable on standard setting for the series, I'm just asking for people to run default settings right now for easy comparison to my times, otherwise data would be all over the place.

------

I'll provide a couple more updates to the spec sheets today if I can.

Monza certainly won't be on this season's calendar, and having run Autumn Ring I can confirm that won't be either. In both cases, the field is simply too spread out and to close them up there would open them out at Brands and Silverstone.

It might be wiser if I released the calendar very soon, since I'll be testing on the circuits I plan for us to use this season. 👍

Noooooo

Why replace the Volvo? Can you just not add weight like the Ford??

I was planning on using the Volvo or the Renault so it's not the end of the world, but seeing it at 1200 while the others are lot higher seems strange just to cut loose.

It's already running Stage 3 Weight so I can only lighten it by 29kg. Of course I'll try that first before whipping out the S60, as that weight drop could make the difference it needs.

Also the Honda could be swapped for another car. The '08 Civic would be my first priority.

The Volvo?

Yeah but it needs to be heavier? Surely changing it to stage 2 would bring it up close to 1300s?

(Sorry in work so I can't see specs/what changes would do to it)

Also would you consider both ST's?

The Volvo?

Yeah but it needs to be heavier? Surely changing it to stage 2 would bring it up close to 1300s?

(Sorry in work so I can't see specs/what changes would do to it)

Also would you consider both ST's?

Yeah. Adding weight could make it handle better but it would suffer on the straights. It's worth a look I guess.

Definitely, but I'm not sure if everyone wants to see the old one back. Trying to fit the new cars in first, but if the new one proves too tricky then I will have to go back to the trusty '06 model and try that.

Definitely, but I'm not sure if everyone wants to see the old one back. Trying to fit the new cars in first, but if the new one proves too tricky then I will have to go back to the trusty '06 model and try that.

Please don't, can't stand the sight of that Focus anymore! :P

ok, madbean and i want to grab dibs on the rising blue colour so others dont take it. (COUGH- PAR- COUGH) lool ;)
Yep Diesel Pig Racing. team
Team Colour is Rising blue metallic.

Ctp Madbean:
Wheel colour Indy Yellow pearl
Car Skyline Sedan 350gt (this may change as testing still being done)

Yeah. Adding weight could make it handle better but it would suffer on the straights. It's worth a look I guess.

Yeah we weren't blessed with more suitable cars to spec but you know it fits so it might have to be in!

I really hate the new Focus... it's got the speed but it's so wild! It almost feels worse than an FR car to me.

@CptMadBean I'll bear it in mind. As for the body rigidity, I think it worsens understeer for FF cars, plus it's also bugged in this game where it seems to run out really quickly, so I've left it out for now.

I've not added it to any of my cars.....

Re the new ST the people who have tuned it rave about it so I just think it needs work which unfortunately I don't have the skills to do!

Edit. Colour wise I'm going blueish/purple, already gave that scheme up in the one make series I'm not doing it again! :P

you all dislike the focus?! I actually think its got good handling but is slow. btw my wheel finally came! Yipee! not sure if i'll be using it thursday, see how quickly it takes me to get to grips with it

Re the new ST the people who have tuned it rave about it so I just think it needs work which unfortunately I don't have the skills to do!

Tuning would probably make it ridiculously fast to be fair :sly:

Yeah, handles well but definitely needs the extra weight it carries.

Mini Countryman looks to be a very awkward car... it might not make the cut. Let's see.

A bit behind today, just finishing modding the cars so i'll post some times up in a couple of hours.

I'm at Brands with racing soft suspension and no increased body rigidity (I agree there is something wrong with it)

A bit behind today, just finishing modding the cars so i'll post some times up in a couple of hours.

I'm at Brands with racing soft suspension and no increased body rigidity (I agree there is something wrong with it)

OK cool :) Make sure your Max Speed is set to 168 👍

Latest Posts

Back