<- BTCC-7 -> Ian_83 is the Champion!Finished 

• Thread starter rolo912011
  • 2,522 comments
I'm sure I speak for everyone in saying we really appreciate the hard work you've put into this and it seems like it will be a really fun series! I know personally that I wouldn't have the time nor the skill to do all of the testing you and others have done so I just wanted to say thanks. I like the qualifying idea too, it's gonna make the competition really stiff and put an emphasis on practicing prior to the race weekends. Hope I'm fast enough.;P I still haven't decided what car I want to run but I'm partial to rear-wheel drive and fords so the Focus and Bimmer are at the top of my list. Really looking forward to this!

Awesome work rolo.

I would love to of really help more in testing but me not as fast as you.
Plus I have a real problem driving FF cars, my driving style just means I'm to hard on them brakes and to hard on the throttle.

I think that my problem :/
GT6 seems to of made many more cars really to life.
Like FR cars once you get them snaking it's very hard to get out of.

Still sorry about last night test as I had a little to much to drink.
Really had a great little test race with Blue and Skeng the day before to, well aleast that brandy bottle almost gone.
Don't half leave you with a headace the next day.

It's alright guys, I've just gotta put less time and effort into this now. As I say, speed isn't important, it's consistency. If I do a 60-second lap in all the cars, then it doesn't matter if you do a 62-second lap in them all.

I have updated the OP with some information. For now, I plan to allow the Top 10 in the championship to definitely start Race 1, so that means only a maximum of 25 drivers can compete (maximum 15 + me watching in pre-qualifying, 6 spaces open). We have 25 interested now, so that should be alright.

I may have to cut a driver loose and have 24 to allow another steward to watch pre-qualifying too, but we'll see. I imagine one of the 8pm guys might have to leave :/ I highly doubt all 25 would show each week.

Last edited:
I too want to thank you for your work m8 :) . let me get this right, in order to race we have to qualify? Awsome! :D lol.
@quade my preference is an FR to. I'm a bit torn between the BMW and hyundai. the hyundai is better to drive but BMW is BMW lol :)

I too want to thank you for your work m8 :) . let me get this right, in order to race we have to qualify? Awsome! :D lol.
@quade my preference is an FR to. I'm a bit torn between the BMW and hyundai. the hyundai is better to drive but BMW is BMW lol :)
Yes I haven't driven any of the cars yet, but it would be hard for me to justify picking the hyundai over the bmw no matter how much better it is.

yeah thats how i feel. also its worse for me as i have german blood in me and i love germany or anything german, therefore i feel like im letting myself down if i dont pick the BMW lol

yeah thats how i feel. also its worse for me as i have german blood in me and i love germany or anything german, therefore i feel like im letting myself down if i dont pick the BMW lol
Haha, that's probably the same reason I'll pick the Focus. Use to have an SVT when I was younger so I'm kinda of biased.

Only drivers outside the Top 10 in the Drivers' Championship would need to qualify :)

Wait, wait, wait, your using fully adjustable suspension but on stock settings?

And limited, based on track, gears?

would that be the top 10 going into the race weekend need not qualify? what about the first round then? ah, as i said in the GT300 thread, im like a kimi Raikkonen, i sleep, you wake me up, give me a car, i drive it then go back to sleep. lool so i'll just wait until the time comes, then wake me up please haha :)

Wait, wait, wait, your using fully adjustable suspension but on stock settings?

And limited, based on track, gears?

Not in the actual series, no, but to get the easiest comparison in testing. Tune as much as you wish once testing is done 👍

Yes True, that's right. First round it will be done based on Megane Trophy Top 10, and if all 10 don't carry on then it will be the first one or two who sign up. Fastest finger first ;)

Last edited:
Not in the actual series, no, but to get the easiest comparison in testing. Tune as much as you wish once testing is done 👍 ;)

Oh I thought the same as Paul, but I'm sticking with the Skyline.
May just play with the gearing, as I've found playing with other things don't help me at all lol.

CANYON I know we not team m8s but gear setting on for skyline pls m8, Pm me in game ;)

Fantastic work on the testing. Interesting the brands Indy times as the RL cars run 47/48's.

Surprised the 1-series bmw was touted instead of the 3! Bit late to say now after all the testing though.

This is all way to complicated now :scared:

If I knew the Megane series was gonna count towards this I would have never decided to leave.

Testing is pretty boring to do so of course we appreciate you effort there but it's never going to be perfect but you've done a pretty good job getting it as close have you have.

There is a good selection of base models now plus the DLC TC cars from GT5 so doing 1 make series isn't as limited as it was in GT5 so without spending ages doing testing that is a decent option plus you can always go back to mixed grids in the future.

This is all way to complicated now :scared:

If I knew the Megane series was gonna count towards this I would have never decided to leave.

Testing is pretty boring to do so of course we appreciate you effort there but it's never going to be perfect but you've done a pretty good job getting it as close have you have.

There is a good selection of base models now plus the DLC TC cars from GT5 so doing 1 make series isn't as limited as it was in GT5 so without spending ages doing testing that is a decent option plus you can always go back to mixed grids in the future.

Yeah sorry, I've tried to keep things as simple as possible but I've had to go with the flow at the same time.

To be honest you can probably still sign back up and still make the Top 10 in points. Everyone's gotta drop one score so you haven't technically missed anything yet. 14 turned up tonight and tbh I'd imagine there'd be spaces every week so you can still drop back in if you want.

Yeah I think that's about as close as it's gonna get with this lot.

I really would like to get on these one-makes after BTCC-7 I think. I could do an 8th season further down the line but I can't imagine the car list would change at all.

Me and my car :mad:
Madbeangt6sig_zpscd5e36b6.png

My thinking is to get you all to send me photos of you and your car.
Then maybe rolo can use them in first post, of driver taking part, in stead of name and team.

You just get the pic:

Madsig2_zps7811af96.png

Still size far to big so maybe hold on I'll make it smaller again, a lot smaller lol just hope you can read the name and text.

My thinking is to get you all to send me photos of you and your car.
Then maybe rolo can use them in first post, of driver taking part, in stead of name and team.

This is always a decent idea but inevitably not all drivers do it - many have tried and failed :sly:

Because of that it's better to just save everyone's time.

Feel free to create team idents for yourselves though if you want that more professional feel.

Ok anyone wanting me to do the above sort of thing.
Take your car for a photo shoot then send me the pic.

By psn to Cptmadbean or by email to mad.bean@hotmail.co.uk

Then instead of:

- rolo912011 / rolo912011

- Ian_83 / PleaseD1e

- canyondrifter / canyondrifter

- priesty_lfc / priesty_lfc

- DirtyNurbKing58 / True-blue-8

- hurleyman24 / hurleyman24

- azidahaka / karsten_beoulve

- AudiMan2011 / Street-King-07

- Esco87 / mosendtner
- Scaniabebe / Scaniabebe

- mrbrendon999 / Mrbrendon999

- paulmac2k9 / GTP_PaulMac

- sibbystiggy / TheOldStig

- SkengD / skengdigi

- Myles Prower / Myles_Prower

- quade420 / qrtintheshade

- MiuraSV / Jay_1086

- Dimse91 / Dimse91

- Dany_CL / Dany_CL

- perdy450 / perdy450

- unitedstomper / unitedstomper

- neljack / neljack

- Malcolm Tucker / glenn_cullen

- CptMadBean / CptMadBean

- G91V / GSG_91_F1
+ 3 May Be Interested

====================================
You may get this:

- rolo912011 / rolo912011

- Ian_83 / PleaseD1e

- canyondrifter / canyondrifter

- priesty_lfc / priesty_lfc

- DirtyNurbKing58 / True-blue-8

- hurleyman24 / hurleyman24

- azidahaka / karsten_beoulve

- AudiMan2011 / Street-King-07

- Esco87 / mosendtner
- Scaniabebe / Scaniabebe

- mrbrendon999 / Mrbrendon999

- paulmac2k9 / GTP_PaulMac

- sibbystiggy / TheOldStig

- SkengD / skengdigi

- Myles Prower / Myles_Prower

- quade420 / qrtintheshade

- MiuraSV / Jay_1086

- Dimse91 / Dimse91

- Dany_CL / Dany_CL

- perdy450 / perdy450

- unitedstomper / unitedstomper

- neljack / neljack

- Malcolm Tucker / glenn_cullen

-
0635b40e-049e-4cf5-bfc7-116e7c2bcbc6_zps5f23f849.png

- G91V / GSG_91_F1
+ 3 May Be Interested

Sorry my resize in photobucket not work right but you get the idea, I'll just send Rolo the links and he can edit his post.

i'll send m8, is there any way you can combine mine and yours for a team shoot?
then also combine everyone's for a grid shoot?
maybe after races the top 3 on a podium?
sorry, i have wild ideas lool

Be hard as I need a gap between car and driver.
Should be able to do it as you can move car and driver around.

I just don't want pics of driver in front of the car, if everyone knows what I mean.
It not a problem, just I may turn your car upside down true lol

Sorry everybody but i will have to withdraw from the series. To tell you the truth i don't even have GT6. I have been switching over to pc gaming anyway. Good luck everybody and have fun!

Quoting a couple of sections of the OP. The start date for BTCC-7 has been pencilled in for Thursday March 6th. 👍

Also, I've decided to tweak the race night format for the benefit of those who need to pre-qualify. This has involved pushing the start time forwards to 6.30pm for pre-qualifiers, but if that's too problematic then I will move it back to 7pm (but this will mean Race 3 of the evening will be sacrificed). I may move it anyway depending on my own availability, so watch this space.

Let me know what you think 👍

Also, out of interest, I've been doing a little running at Ascari and the FF cars look alright there. The Volvo looks like it will need a weight increase to improve its handling, and the Scirocco may not be certain to appear yet. The car list will never be more than 8 cars. Consider this season a test season owing to my lack of available testing time these days. Remember it took 6 seasons on the old game to get things pretty much there. Of course, testing is very much available to you guys too; specs are all there.

I intend to open up sign-ups properly very shortly, so watch this space. 👍

Provisional Calendar:

Tracks not yet listed in order.

1. Brands Hatch Indy - 06/03/14

2. Silverstone National - 13/03/14

3. Motegi East - 20/03/14

4. Autumn Ring/Deep Forest - 27/03/14

5. Trial Mountain - 03/04/14

6. Ascari - 10/04/14

7. Bathurst - 17/04/14

8. Apricot Hill - 24/04/14

9. Brands Hatch GP - 01/05/14

10. Silverstone GP - 08/05/14

---------------------------​

Race Night Procedure:

Arrive on time! Due to the race format, the schedule is tight. In general, we're not obligated to wait for latecomers. The only instances in which we will wait to start (and we will aim to start Pre-Qualifying no later than 6.40pm, and Race 1 Qualifying no later than 7.30pm in case of problems) will be in the case of unexpected mass DCs/black screens/game freezes. If you are well aware of your connection problems, then we may not wait for you!

The top 10 drivers in the Drivers' Championship will be automatically guaranteed a starting position for the week's races. For Round 1, the top 10 will be based on the championship top 10 from the Renault Megane Trophy. This number could be less if any of the stewards are outside the top 10, as all the stewards must be present! If all the stewards are in the top 10, then the 6 fastest drivers in pre-qualifying will qualify for the night's racing. If not, the number will be less. If a top 10 driver is not racing on a particular week, then an extra qualifying place will become available.

Pre-Qualifying (Jack Sears Trophy)

Only the drivers required to pre-qualify, rolo912011 and any other stewards (if there is room) are allowed to be in the race lounge during this part of the evening's racing. Anyone not required in the lounge (with no space available for them to watch the action) will be asked to leave and come back later, and will be kicked and further penalised if they refuse to do so.

Only drivers who need to pre-qualify are allowed to be on track at any time during this part of the evening. Anyone driving illegally will be penalised.
- Pre-Qualifying (6.30pm GMT approx.) - a 7-minute Qualifier, set to 'Race Together' to enable stewards to watch the session. Drivers will have their cars spec-checked before the Qualifier begins. The Qualifier will begin at 6.30pm regardless of latecomers, who will therefore fail to qualify. This session will be considered a 'race' session, and therefore any DCs which cannot be recovered in time will be treated as a DNQ.

- Pre-Qualifying Race (6.40pm GMT approx.) - grid determined by the qualifier. The race will be set to half the distance of the main races (rounded down in case of half-laps). The top 6 finishers in the race (more or less depending on circumstances) will qualify for the main races. Any DCs will be considered a DNF, and therefore a DNQ. Drivers who fail to qualify will then leave the lounge, and be replaced by the remaining 'locked-in' drivers. Drivers who fail to leave the lounge promptly will be kicked and may be punished further after the event!

- Jack Sears Trophy - To give non-qualifying drivers something to race for, a new trophy is being introduced this season. Pre-qualifying drivers will receive points for their final race position - only the drivers who fail to qualify will be awarded points.

Points System - If the maximum 15 drivers are pre-qualifying, and there are 6 qualifying spaces, then points will be awarded from 7th to 15th in the following way:

9 - 8 - 7 - 6 - 5 - 4 - 3 - 2 - 1

The points awarded for the highest non-qualifying position will increase or decrease each week depending on how many qualifying spaces are available. The driver with the most points at the end of the season will be awarded the Jack Sears Trophy.

Main Races (BTCC Online Championship)

- Race 1 (7.05pm GMT approx.) - grid will be determined by a 10-minute Qualifier, set to 'Race Together' to ensure fair play. Drivers will have their cars spec-checked before the Qualifier begins. The Qualifier will begin at 7.15pm regardless, but latecomers should have the time to qualify. This session will be considered a 'race' session, and therefore any DCs will be treated as a non-start/DNF.

- Race 2 (7.40pm GMT approx.) - grid will be set to reversed based on Race 1 results. DCs in Race 1 will be treated as a DNF and therefore you will start Race 2 from the front of the grid. Anyone who purposely retires, whether or not in an attempt to start Race 2 up front, will be forced to start at the back, and will be further penalised after the race. The grid would then be completed manually.

- Race 3 (8.05pm GMT approx.) - grid will be set to reversed based on Race 2 results. DCs in Race 2 will be treated as a DNF and therefore you will start Race 3 from the front of the grid. Anyone who purposely retires, whether or not in an attempt to start Race 3 up front, will be forced to start at the back, and will be further penalised after the race. The grid would then be completed manually.

Manual reverse grids will be used as a backup procedure for Races 2 & 3 in case of any problems.

Notice: Please do not obstruct other drivers during Qualifiers! If you're not on a fast lap, either get off the track or drive way off the racing line and slow down/stop if you see a driver coming. Please stop in a sensible place!

During the Race:

This series follows the GTP OLR Rules for acceptable conduct in racing, and these must be followed at all times!

Mandatory pit-stops and pit windows. Make sure your pit entries and exits are fair and safe! Any kind of incident must be avoided. Otherwise, entries and exits are free from any restriction.

2 wheels on track at all times. No exceptions! 'Track' is defined as being between the white lines. If the 'racing line' requires you to cross a white line (e.g. last sector at Trial Mountain), then it is acceptable to do so. Two wheels are allowed on kerbs.

Bumpdrafting is legal, so long as you do not risk a crash. Avoid when nearing a braking zone.

You are not allowed to purposely retire/rage-quit from Race 1 or 2.

Unnecessary in-race chat is not acceptable, and will be penalised!

Points System:

1st - 20 points
2nd - 18 points
3rd - 16 points
4th - 14 points
5th - 12 points
6th - 10 points
7th - 9 points
8th - 8 points
9th - 7 points
10th - 6 points
11th - 5 points
12th - 4 points
13th - 3 points
14th - 2 points
15th - 1 point

1 point for the Fastest Lap in each race
1 point for Pole Position for Race 1
1 point for the fastest time in Pre-Qualifying
1 point if you Lead a Lap (defined as crossing the start/finish line in the lead; only one point per race no matter how many laps you lead!)

Last edited:
Having work on most Thursdays, from 21:20 Wednesday to 13:00 Thursday.
Also at the moment I have that work shift on a Friday too.
That's two 16 hour shifts with a race in the middle :indiff:

I would love to say 18:30 not a problem but I have a feeling it maybe.
I guess see what happens but If I start missing races I may have to pull out.

I've been a bit of a ghost for a couple of weeks, just checking in! Looking forward to this, I just have my reservations about the fully customisable suspension still. I'm worried that as we're comparing the cars with stock settings, these settings will suit some cars more than others just by chance, so when it comes to applying our own settings we may find that one car has an advantage over the others eg;

Car A doesn't suit the stock settings so gets a weight decrease to match Car B (which suits the stock setting), but when Car A has correct settings it will be faster than Car B as Car B already had near-correct settings to start off with.

I'm looking forward to it all the same though, I'm sure any problems can be ironed out as they appear

Back