<- BTCC-7 -> Ian_83 is the Champion!Finished 

• Thread starter rolo912011
  • 2,522 comments
To be fair, the BMW is the strongest it has ever been this season. In previous seasons the BMW has always been too slow, however this season is proving to be very different. The results show that to be the case.

As I was told before Autumn Ring, 'there's always the drop score'.

Don't forget that the overall race time is what's important here too, a 2-second difference over 8-laps is 16 seconds per race. A 1-second difference over 16-laps is exactly the same.

My Volvo can't get any help, it handles like ****, so I'm relying on a fast track to counter 2x Brands Hatch and Autumn Ring.

I don't like the constant spec changes either.

Renault 2:20.862
Volvo 2:20.882
VW (305hp) 2:20.956
Ford (1330kg) 2:21.024

Nissan 2:21.173
VW (295hp) 2:21.644
Hyundai 2:21.699
Peugeot 2:21.795
Ford 2:22.325
BMW 2:22.382

Apologies, I made a bit of a boo with the top times. As you can see, adding the 10hp to the VW makes a big difference. The car can have its 10hp back.

Ford running at 1330 to come just to see. It may have been quick at Brands for me, but I think I will side with @neljack and look into it. It's a tough car to spec.
EDIT - Well, makes a big difference....​

Are these final specs or not so? :embarrassed:

Agree with what you said @Ian_83 👍
Iv been struggling for lap time pace in the last 4 race's, I'm to looking forward to a track that will lend itself to my cars characteristics/strong points! Swings and roundabouts and all that.

Nissan wasn't changed before Spa in the end. It's been the same spec all along.

Remember the BMW was very fast at Silverstone and Spa, both tracks I'd consider to be power based. What lap times are you doing in it? I could have another run and see if I can make more time.

Nissan was 1450 then changed to 1420, then past my settings over to Rolo for a test as someone who never made the race got great times.

Rolo then added 20kg to the Nissan making it 1440.

Are these final specs or not so? :embarrassed:

I'll be a bit daring and make the Ford 1330.. mainly as a test bed for next season. I do think it lacks 'something' at 1360. I'll review all changes before Motegi (yes I know, sorry guys) by running all the cars as usual just to be sure. I think the last 3 rounds should be alright though, perhaps barring Silverstone GP.

You know, the cars that have been up the front in the first half of the season might not in the second half. Can't harm to have a bit of variety to even things up a bit. It will still be tight at the sharp end of the points but someone else might win the odd race.

Nissan was 1450 then changed to 1420, then past my settings over to Rolo for a test as someone who never made the race got great times.

Rolo then added 20kg to the Nissan making it 1440.

Good point I forgot it was 10kg heavier originally. 1420 for that would be too much.

Interestingly, the cars at the top of the championship standings are still at their original starting spec. 👍

You can win m8 my setup guy got the volvo hitting top times in cars he had a play with.
No pressure but if you come second this week you've only got yourself to blame lol.

But don't trust that Skeng, I'm sure he find something in that BMW.
Well big maybe I'm just going to bring a toe rope, hoping I can put it on a volvo

I don't know Bathurst very well, so I'm not expecting to win. It'll be lovely to get a win, the Volvo has a good chance here, so I'll do my best as always. :)

I've removed the rear towing eye, so you'll not be able to attach a rope.....sorry. :sly:

You can win m8 my setup guy got the volvo hitting top times in cars he had a play with.
No pressure but if you come second this week you've only got yourself to blame lol.

But don't trust that Skeng, I'm sure he find something in that BMW.
Well big maybe I'm just going to bring a toe rope, hoping I can put it on a volvo

I usually sandbag but not this week , I will pray for a miracle though probably follow a ff car all race

I usually sandbag but not this week
Some would argue that I sandbag too, but I don't. Any times that I post are what I'm actually doing and being slower in practice makes me worry about the race. I've been really lucky in the races (had a couple of bad ones) and generally I seem to perform well given that my practice times are typically slow. Whether or not the race adrenalin helps me I don't know.

It just shows that a single lap time isn't all that important when it comes to the actual race and I've said all along that trying to remain consistent is the most important thing.

I was really worried prior to Autumn Ring, I was well off the pace and although my results were 'average' they could/should have been much worse.

May be on track or not, just telling in advance. Last week dc and usual race ending crash killed most enthusiasm again :/ did my killer get a warning? Ah, whatever.

I think you did a lot of work rolo, do not touch specs, i'm sure all evens out in the course of season.

Yes. System works for you as well sometimes, remember that.
Ahahahah not what i meant lol
It's just that after dc in my season's best race on last lap and being killed r2 i didn't had the even remote wish to review the race...

Warnings are nice and good, but don't give you a race back, so i do not care much about them, i just wish it won't happen again (to me) lol

Sorry Rolo.

race ending crash killed most enthusiasm again :/ did my killer get a warning? Ah, whatever.
You ended your own race by deciding to park up, type a message into the chat and then give up.

I had a 'race ending' incident myself, but I didn't give up, I dropped down to 13th place and rescued the race.

Your driving was sloppy prior to that incident Karsten. Get off your high horse.

I have a 50% race ending crashes this season, but yes that is the right way to see it and justify spoiling someone's race with a crash.

Don't worry i'm getting off my high horse, right now actually.

I will probably be a no show tonight. This track is really nasty, I've done 20 mins driving and my eyes are screwed already, I think that its got something to do with the lighting effect making the shadows shimmer/flicker. The sound keeps clipping too.

This track should be immense, but PD have got it wrong somewhere, maybe the PS3 can't handle it.

To be fair, my eyes are quite sensitive, if something is wrong I quickly get strained eyes and a headache that lasts for absolutely ages.

The lighting on that track is just awful, perhaps it's a frame rate issue with the lighting effects or something. I've had to quit the game and go outside to rest, but I'll try reloading the track later and see what happens at different times of the day.

Only managed 2 practice laps at the mo, what times you guys in?

Edit: I am in low 22s high 21s with silly scrapes and line errors.

P.S my first competitive time on this course, so sorry for any errors + got a migraine :/

Last edited:
If I push to the absolute limit I can hit low 22's. More often than not though I put it in the wall somewhere. This is a great track, I love it. Just wish I was quicker down the straights.:P The starting grid is really tight and so is the first corner. Hopefully we all get through the first lap cleanly though I really don't see that happening. Worried also about my connection today as we have heavy storms moving in. Edit: Haven't had any bugs yet in practice but the real test will be when we're all on track together. I've read some discouraging things about the this track on the forums but haven't had any problems myself. Yet.

If I push to the absolute limit I can hit low 22's. More often than not though I put it in the wall somewhere. This is a great track, I love it. Just wish I was quicker down the straights.:P The starting grid is really tight and so is the first corner. Hopefully we all get through the first lap cleanly though I really don't see that happening. Worried also about my connection today as we have heavy storms moving in. Edit: Haven't had any bugs yet in practice but the real test will be when we're all on track together. I've read some discouraging things about the this track on the forums but haven't had any problems myself. Yet.
am expecting a pile up after the 2nd long straight, gets real tight there

This track is going to give the stewards plenty of work, it's so easy to make an error and get it wrong.

I had a partial black screen earlier, it sorted itself out but it lasted about 10 seconds-ish.

Rolo - what will the time be starting at?

Managed a 2:23.4 during a brief practice. The long straight will be a killer for the FRs without a good gearing setup, but the corners seem to suit the balance of my Genesis, depsite me running the Brands Indy setup.

Back