<- BTCC-7 -> Ian_83 is the Champion!Finished 

• Thread starter rolo912011
  • 2,522 comments
Hmm yeah I agree, those who have the hang of tuning do well. I wish I had the time to test Racing:Hard suspension but I think that would mean starting completely over.

I know it will be impossible to check, but I think I might ban LSD (not confirmed yet), since there's no car out there that really needs it. Nothing really has trouble putting its power down. The less available to tune, the better.

Some Important News for All:
(see quoted sections of the OP below for more details)
  • The Volvo has been increased to 1250kg for now in an attempt to improve handling. This figure isn't set and more ballast can be added within the Stage 3 Weight Reduction to help it along should this not work well enough. I hope this doesn't affect its straight-line performance too badly, since up to now it has been good. The S60 is still available as a stand-by if the C30 cannot be balanced.
  • The Renault may need a 20/30kg decrease as I feel it still lags a few hundredths behind.
  • Limited Slip Differentials are now banned for all cars. No car I've run has any real trouble putting its power down and therefore I've decided that the less there is available to tune, the better, so LSDs are no longer permitted. I appreciate that's impossible to police but we have to hope everyone will comply.
  • The maximum limit for entries for each car has been increased to 6 for this season, up from 4. Teams are still allowed to run different cars should they wish.
  • The order of the calendar has been confirmed, with Round 1 taking place at Ascari 👍 Since Deep Forest was run in the Meganes, Autumn Ring will feature on this season's calendar.
  • As mentioned a while ago, I have decided to move the whole race night back to a 7pm start for Pre-Qualifying. This means Race 3 will no longer happen, and there will only be two main races on the night. The race night for Top 10 drivers should therefore begin at around 7.20pm (this is a good time to enter the lounge ready for Race 1).
  • I'm currently debating whether it would be simpler to run the qualifying sessions as a proper Qualifier or as a simple practice session, as on GT5, owing to the problems we've seen with drivers missing Q and us having to restart. Any input much appreciated on that 👍
  • Sign-Ups - @Ian_83 @canyondrifter @priesty_lfc @DirtyNurbKing58 @azidahaka @AudiMan2011 @Esco87 @Scaniabebe @mrbrendon999 @paulmac2k9 @sibbystiggy @SkengD @Myles Prower @quade420 @MiuraSV @Dimse91 @Dany_CL @perdy450 @unitedstomper @neljack @Malcolm Tucker @CptMadBean @G91V
    • Proper sign-ups (as opposed to simple expressions of interest) are now OPEN. Now is the time to get your teams sorted out and to reserve a car should you wish, although the most important thing right now is to book your place. Bear in mind that the car list is still subject to tweaks and testing.
    • Since you've registered your interest then for now you have priority over the general driver base here at GTP. You have until Saturday 1st February to sign up. If you don't sign up by this date then I will assume you're no longer interested, remove you from the list and open your seat up to whoever wants it. You can come back and sign up again but your spot won't necessarily still be there! There are a maximum of 25 places for this season.
    • Drivers who will not finish in the Top 10 in the Megane Trophy - if the complete Top 10 in that series does not return for this season, then spaces will become available to be 'locked-in' for Round 1. Priority will be given to those non-Top 10 finishers (regardless of whether they raced in Meganes or not) who sign up the earliest before February 1st. Bear that in mind!
:cheers: 👍

Car List, Rules & Regulations:

PROVISIONAL CAR LIST AND SPEC SHEETS AVAILABLE HERE:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...5-spaces-available.290310/page-4#post-9135315

Maximum 6 entries per manufacturer!

Teams do not have to run the same car.

---------------------------​

Calendar:

1. Ascari - 06/03/14

2. Trial Mountain - 13/03/14

3. Autumn Ring - 20/03/14

4. Silverstone National - 27/03/14

5. Brands Hatch Indy - 03/04/14

6. Bathurst - 10/04/14

7. Motegi East - 17/04/14

8. Apricot Hill - 24/04/14

Silverstone GP - 01/05/14

10. Brands Hatch GP - 08/05/14

---------------------------​

Race Night Procedure:

Arrive on time! Due to the race format, the schedule is tight. We encourage all drivers to arrive at least 5 minutes before spec checks are due to begin. In general, we're not obligated to wait for latecomers. The only instances in which we will wait to start (and we will aim to start Pre-Qualifying no later than 7.10pm, and Race 1 Qualifying no later than 7.40pm in case of problems) will be in the case of unexpected mass DCs/black screens/game freezes. If you are well aware of your connection problems, then we may not wait for you!

The top 10 drivers in the Drivers' Championship will be automatically guaranteed a starting position for the week's races. For Round 1, the top 10 will be based on the championship top 10 from the Renault Megane Trophy. If not all the top 10 return, then priority will be given to those outside the top 10 who signed up the earliest. This number could be less if any of the stewards are outside the top 10, as all the stewards must be present! If all the stewards are in the top 10, then the 6 fastest drivers in pre-qualifying will qualify for the night's racing. If not, the number will be less. If a top 10 driver is not racing on a particular week, then an extra qualifying place will become available.

Pre-Qualifying (Jack Sears Trophy)

Only the drivers required to pre-qualify, rolo912011 and any other stewards (if there is room) are allowed to be in the race lounge during this part of the evening's racing. Anyone not required in the lounge (with no space available for them to watch the action) will be asked to leave and come back later, and will be kicked and further penalised if they refuse to do so.

Only drivers who need to pre-qualify are allowed to be on track at any time during this part of the evening. Anyone on-track illegally will be penalised.
- Pre-Qualifying (7pm GMT approx.) - a 7-minute Qualifier, set to 'Race Together' to enable stewards to watch the session. Drivers will have their cars spec-checked before the Qualifier begins. The Qualifier will begin at 7.05pm approx. at the latest regardless of latecomers, who will therefore fail to qualify. This session will be considered a 'race' session, and therefore any DCs will be treated as a DNQ.

- Pre-Qualifying Race (7.07pm GMT approx.) - grid determined by the qualifier. The race will be set to half the distance of the main races (rounded down in case of half-laps). The top 6 finishers in the race (more or less depending on circumstances) will qualify for the main races. Any DCs will be considered a DNF, and therefore a DNQ. Drivers who fail to qualify will then leave the lounge, and be replaced by the remaining 'locked-in' drivers. Drivers who fail to leave the lounge promptly will be kicked and may be punished further after the event!

- Jack Sears Trophy - To give non-qualifying drivers something to race for, a new trophy is being introduced this season. Pre-qualifying drivers will receive points for their final race position - only the drivers who fail to qualify will be awarded points.

Points System - If the maximum 15 drivers are pre-qualifying, and there are 6 qualifying spaces, then points will be awarded from 7th to 15th in the following way:

9 - 8 - 7 - 6 - 5 - 4 - 3 - 2 - 1

The points awarded for the highest non-qualifying position will increase or decrease each week depending on how many qualifying spaces are available. The driver with the most points at the end of the season will be awarded the Jack Sears Trophy.

Main Races (BTCC Online Championship)

- Race 1 (7.30pm GMT approx.) - grid will be determined by a 10-minute Qualifier, set to 'Race Together' to ensure fair play. Drivers will have their cars spec-checked before the Qualifier begins. The Qualifier will begin at 7.35pm at the latest, and failure to enter the track on time will be considered a DNS for Race 1. This session will be considered a 'race' session, and therefore any DCs will be treated as a non-start/DNF.

- Race 2 (8.10pm GMT approx.) - grid will be set to reversed based on Race 1 results. DCs in Race 1 will be treated as a DNF and therefore you will start Race 2 from the front of the grid. Anyone who purposely retires, whether or not in an attempt to start Race 2 up front, will be forced to start at the back, and will be further penalised after the race. The grid would then be completed manually.

Manual reverse grids will be used as a backup procedure for Race 2 in case of any problems.

Notice: Please do not obstruct other drivers during Qualifiers! If you're not on a fast lap, either get off the track or drive way off the racing line and slow down/stop if you see a driver coming. Please stop in a sensible place!

Last edited:
I'm in, I'll go Volvo I think (If that get dropped I'd like the Reno)

Question, you increased the weight of the Volvo to help it, if I found it better at the original weight could I run that?

The increase is to help it so technically I'd only be hurting myself by staying at the original weight?

I'm in. I'm calling dibs on the Genesis Coupe for my end of Chivas Perfect Apex Racing.

I'm in, I'll go Volvo I think (If that get dropped I'd like the Reno)

Question, you increased the weight of the Volvo to help it, if I found it better at the original weight could I run that?

The increase is to help it so technically I'd only be hurting myself by staying at the original weight?

OK, noted. I thought you might be the first one to put your name down :sly:

What makes you say that? Have you found some decent pace in the car? It's a good idea but I would have to spec check it at 1250...

I'm in. I'm calling dibs on the Genesis Coupe for my end of Chivas Perfect Apex Racing.

Also noted 👍

bored in work so on GTP quite a lot haha.

Na, not ran BTCC spec for ages due to the GT300s, I've not really tested a great deal but just always assumed lower weight is faster!

I'll maybe do some running either way but I'll stick with it at either weight.

bored in work so on GTP quite a lot haha.

Na, not ran BTCC spec for ages due to the GT300s, I've not really tested a great deal but just always assumed lower weight is faster!

I'll maybe do some running either way but I'll stick with it at either weight.

For straight-line speed, less is better but for cornering in FF cars it pays to have more ballast within a weight reduction stage, as you then have more weight at the back so the distribution is nearer 50/50. 👍

Ok I'm a bit confused either it's a full tuning race series or tuning prohibited....I fail to see how you could police anything as you can't even gift cars to other people to check...there's having faith in people and then there's having faith...Lol...set the individual pp for each car and let's have at them....Ian and I made those Alfa' s quite quick considering what slow cars they were stock...or set bhp and weight... but allow us some freedom to unlock each cars fullest potential...otherwise tuning prohibit them...but not use this part but not that part it's just far too confusing

Would love to continue in your BTCC series Rolo 👍

Would like a team mate but don't mind who just say I don't bite :)

I was looking forward to race properly and do a good job in this series, but I won't be able to participate for personal motives. I'm very sorry for that. I leave my seat for anyone else.
:(

I can just say that it's incredible how you all have taken a large amount of time to organize this and make it equal for everyone. Especially for Rolo.

So, good luck, and bye.
PD: I hope to see this championship via youtube or somehow, that would be great! :cheers:

Ok I'm a bit confused either it's a full tuning race series or tuning prohibited....I fail to see how you could police anything as you can't even gift cars to other people to check...there's having faith in people and then there's having faith...Lol...set the individual pp for each car and let's have at them....Ian and I made those Alfa' s quite quick considering what slow cars they were stock...or set bhp and weight... but allow us some freedom to unlock each cars fullest potential...otherwise tuning prohibit them...but not use this part but not that part it's just far too confusing

It can't be a tuning prohibited series because of all of the engine and weight parts we need to add to get the cars up to BTCC regs. You're right, it can't be policed, and I'm aware it would require a certain degree of trust. Setting bhp and weight would be preferable to PP I reckon, what do you guys think?

You will be allowed to tune transmission and suspension. Would you all rather LSD was tune-able as well?

Would love to continue in your BTCC series Rolo 👍

Would like a team mate but don't mind who just say I don't bite :)
If i dont team with rolo again , i can team with u nel

I think scania is mia
I'm in on this!
More info about HSR and the Car soon...

All noted 👍

I was looking forward to race properly and do a good job in this series, but I won't be able to participate for personal motives. I'm very sorry for that. I leave my seat for anyone else.
:(

I can just say that it's incredible how you all have taken a large amount of time to organize this and make it equal for everyone. Especially for Rolo.

So, good luck, and bye.
PD: I hope to see this championship via youtube or somehow, that would be great! :cheers:

That's a shame, thanks for letting me know. No worries, I hope how it is will be balanced enough for a good, competitive season. YouTube will depend on whether the replays work eventually... maybe karsten would do the edits again?

Was wondering if this series is going to use"very fast" fuel/tire wear like in the Meganes?

The main BTCC series has always run Normal wear so we'll start with that and see how it goes. Fast is an option but I think Very Fast would be a bit extreme. We'll have to test it out. 👍

I would prefer everything tuneable like previous btcc seasons

Aero is definitely banned but suspensions, brakes and transmissions are tuneable, and if more people agree with you I'll re-open the LSD too.

Of course the ballast positions aren't set in stone either, but I've run what I believe to be the fastest and most competitive combinations for each of the cars.

I can't police adding turbos either, but every car has to be power limited to 305hp.

I think it is now possible to set HP/Weight/PP together in rooms now instead of having PP settings separate from HP/weight. I haven't tested if it's actually possible but I think I've seen it in an online lobby before

I'd like to baggsy #38 please :)

If I wasn't such a scaredy cat then I'd go BMW but I am so it's currently a toss-up between Focus and Scirocco. Going to do some testing tomorrow and decide which one I like best.

I'll have a friends only room open tomorrow daytime for testing at Ascari and everyone is more than welcome to add me and join the room

Sign me up! Car choice TBC and I'm a newbie with no affiliations so set me up in a team that you see fit 👍
As far as i know, me and madbean are using the skyline.
dibbs on #58 and blue cars lol :)

👍

I think it is now possible to set HP/Weight/PP together in rooms now instead of having PP settings separate from HP/weight. I haven't tested if it's actually possible but I think I've seen it in an online lobby before

Oh really? That sounds really good, that could help a lot. That will help prevent people putting aero kits on that aren't permitted and such like.

I'd like to baggsy #38 please :)

If I wasn't such a scaredy cat then I'd go BMW but I am so it's currently a toss-up between Focus and Scirocco. Going to do some testing tomorrow and decide which one I like best.

I'll have a friends only room open tomorrow daytime for testing at Ascari and everyone is more than welcome to add me and join the room

Car numbers aren't actually available in BTCC, only in series where car numbers are allowed to be put on the cars (e.g. Meganes) 👍

Car List, Rules & Regulations:

Max. 6 entries per manufacturer! Teams do not have to run the same car.

Click to expand the images.

r8fi.png

dvb4.png

zj5u.png

4c85.png

Car spec sheet images added to OP. 👍

I've decided to relent and allow LSD's back. The car specs you see (in terms of fitted parts) are now final, but of course there is still room for weight changes.

The winner of the Jack Sears Trophy for non pre-qualifiers will win a guaranteed 'locked-in' position for the next BTCC season.

Last edited:
Going to go with the Scirocco, in white if we're reserving colours :)

No need to reserve colours, have as many clashes as we want :P

Incidentally, how interested are you in taking the free slot in the Megane Trophy for the next couple of weeks? Same time slot, same people just different cars.

Latest Posts

Back