<- BTCC-7 -> Ian_83 is the Champion!Finished 

• Thread starter rolo912011
  • 2,522 comments
indeed mate ;) I just would like to put out, the sciroccos are now in my stockyard and will never move, due to how much I hate them xD

I can now retire the vomit-coloured Barbiemobile. Shame, it's actually really not that bad.

I honestly think if I didn't DC at Bathurst I'd be spraying the champers. Luck.

Why Scaniabebe and skendigi were disqualiffied and given an warning? And Jack Spears Trophy? Nice race guys! I liked to race with you! See you in next season :cheers:

I received a warning for basically deciding the outcome of the Championship! :P

I can now retire the vomit-coloured Barbiemobile. Shame, it's actually really not that bad.

I honestly think if I didn't DC at Bathurst I'd be spraying the champers. Luck.
I think if I would have knuckled down earlier I would have been thick in top 10, but usual me, lazy 1st half

I think if I would have knuckled down earlier I would have been thick in top 10, but usual me, lazy 1st half

Your connection had some Bathurst Peugeot oil in it. Poor engine. It's what happens when you think you can tune up an air-cooled Beetle engine up to 305hp.

Depends, will I have to cut off one of your arms or one of your legs as a punishment? :sly:
its just simply, (rich coming from me but) make your racecraft a lil' better. You will run away with title, I notice you pit same lap as others around you a lot, rather then trying under or over cut. Just a small tip for you :P

its just simply, (rich coming from me but) make your racecraft a lil' better. You will run away with title, I notice you pit same lap as others around you a lot, rather then trying under or over cut. Just a small tip for you :P

With these new guys, somehow I don't think I will be :P

Seasons 5 and 6 were just embarrasing.

5 I had the Honda Civic that just didn't get on with me.

6 I was just crap, considering it was still the same Ford I'd run in Seasons 2 and 4.

Seasons 5 and 6 were just embarrasing.

5 I had the Honda Civic that just didn't get on with me.

6 I was just crap, considering it was still the same Ford I'd run in Seasons 2 and 4.
you made good use of that ford, you kept me on my toes 24/7

an unlucky season but very fun. thanks all round and specially to you rolo, thanks alot for your work mate :)
rolo some people have warnings and some delayed warnings, what does that mean?

Thank you so much. I'm honoured to be able to race against such a great field of talented drivers and I never expected to find myself battling against the front runners, let alone winning. I'm so happy right now.

Skeng, Rolo, Xflow and Quade have all pushed me beyond my limits, they are all worthy of this championship title too and I'm pleased as punch to be up there with them. You guys have fought me so hard from day one, it could have been anyone's title, so well done to you too.

I've found some new friends this season, friends that have supported me and offered me help and encouragement throughout. Your support and friendship is really appreciated and I hope that we will race many more seasons together. You know who you are...I love you.

Rolo - you are the key to making this championship work. You've been responsible for most of the testing, hosting the lobby and organising the championship. You've done a great job, especially as GT6 is still relatively new. Thank you.

Now the season is over, I can finally take the Volvo to a remote location and set fire to it. It has been a love/hate relationship, I didn't initially choose the car either but its done me proud and I've had fun trying to make it work.

Here's hoping that next season is just as action packed and exciting as this one was. :)

It's a shame most of you never met Geeky, the first host of this series. Used to make videos and commentate on them pretty entertainingly.

Like in one race back in the day "and there's Geeky at the back because he was running Comfort Softs on his Honda"

He was a slice of bread or two short of a sandwich at times, but brilliant guy nonetheless.

Thank you so much. I'm honoured to be able to race against such a great field of talented drivers and I never expected to find myself battling against the front runners, let alone winning. I'm so happy right now.

Skeng, Rolo, Xflow and Quade have all pushed me beyond my limits, they are all worthy of this championship title too and I'm pleased as punch to be up there with them. You guys have fought me so hard from day one, it could have been anyone's title, so well done to you too.

I've found some new friends this season, friends that have supported me and offered me help and encouragement throughout. Your support and friendship is really appreciated and I hope that we will race many more seasons together. You know who you are...I love you.

Rolo - you are the key to making this championship work. You've been responsible for most of the testing, hosting the lobby and organising the championship. You've done a great job, especially as GT6 is still relatively new. Thank you.

Now the season is over, I can finally take the Volvo to a remote location and set fire to it. It has been a love/hate relationship, I didn't initially choose the car either but its done me proud and I've had fun trying to make it work.

Here's hoping that next season is just as action packed and exciting as this one was. :)
i love you too Ian ;)

You know who you are...I love you.

hug-cry_792907i.jpg

I want to say thank you to all, Rolo - Thank you for being greatest host for this series, (and letting a unseen like me race for 3 series ;) ).
Ian/Skeng - for being the goal at the end of my road, I will never reach you but it sure is great to try.
Stig - thank you for being most reliable teamy ever, always count on you bro :)
CPT/True - Great rivals and practice buddys, always happy to see you and chase you down the road x)
Glenn/Ingo - Thanks for being my closest rivals, always good to race good people like yourselves
scania - what I see of you is entertaining keep being funny
weezy - the quiet killer, actually learned to overtake watching you, so thanks :)

And to everyone else, much love and thanks for participating, been a great series!!!

Last edited:
In all seriousness, Ignoring the talent entering the sport, do you guys think I have what it takes to be champion one day, or am I chasing an invisible dream?

Congrats @Ian_83 and commiserations to @SkengD (but congrats for the manufacturers) 👍

And congrats @mrbrendon999, had a good time battling with you and your a decent guy, and dare I say faster than me so the right man got the 10th spot. :cheers: I just hope I get through pre-q regularly for season 8 :scared:

All in all I think this season was amazing. It was my first proper championship I've entered so I'm very happy to come away with a title. I've learnt a lot, made some silly mistakes along the way, made some friends and hopefully no enemies, I'm a better racer than I was and just plain had a good time. So thanks everyone :):)

Honourary mention obviously to @rolo912011, thanks for all your time and effort put into the series and for being a brilliant host :cheers: Looking forward to the test races next week now

And if that offer of spanking a Skyline around Tokyo on Tuesday is still on the table I'll claim it 👍

And if that offer of spanking a Skyline around Tokyo on Tuesday is still on the table I'll claim it 👍

Head over here to sign up 👍

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...okyo-r246-nissan-gt-r-r35-touring-car.303198/

In all seriousness, Ignoring the talent entering the sport, do you guys think I have what it takes to be champion one day, or am I chasing an invisible dream?

If your connection holds and you find the old magic from the Season 6 days you certainly have a chance. You could perhaps start off by having a crack at the Independents title and seeing how you fare. A little less pressure.

Back