<- BTCC-7 -> Ian_83 is the Champion!Finished 

• Thread starter rolo912011
  • 2,522 comments
This vid my last report to rolo on my driving:

I just thought I could out brake ingo, but it I was wrong.
My defence was Skeng was not to far behind and the car in front was slower than me at times.
Just not round that bend but I think both us on there using other lines in thinking.

Pm rolo he will let you know why, anything to do with pens pm him.

It's diveboming. You divebombed on Blue Mégane and you went inside the corner when the yellow Mégane had the right to overtake.

It's diveboming. You divebombed on Blue Mégane and you went inside the corner when the yellow Mégane had the right to overtake.

When was the Yellow Megane EVER going to pass the Nissan?? Was a little rash Mr Nissan though, should have lined him up at the wing ;)

When was the Yellow Megane EVER going to pass the Nissan?? Was a little rash Mr Nissan though, should have lined him up at the wing ;)
But in this case, in Motegi, happened the same thing: In first corner, I was outside and brendon was inside. In corner, I was closing the racing line, but he cutted the chicane... But if I would have let him overtake, it would give the same result.

But in this case, in Motegi, happened the same thing: In first corner, I was outside and brendon was inside. In corner, I was closing the racing line, but he cutted the chicane... But if I would have let him overtake, it would give the same result.

This is not the same thing.

I spent huge amounts of track time trying to master the Volvo and its handling. On Thursday I did 27 laps on one set of tyres in an attempt to master Brands and the lack of grip. :lol:

I only ever come onto GT6 to race in the BTCC, GT6 has been a let down for me so far, so having the BTCC season to race in has been the sole reason for my GT6 usage. The BTCC is an amazing championship.

I spent huge amounts of track time trying to master the Volvo and its handling. On Thursday I did 27 laps on one set of tyres in an attempt to master Brands and the lack of grip. :lol:

I only ever come onto GT6 to race in the BTCC, GT6 has been a let down for me so far, so having the BTCC season to race in has been the sole reason for my GT6 usage. The BTCC is an amazing championship.
oo ok

Results from Brands Hatch GP:

Pre-Qualifying Race:

Completed, but nobody failed to pre-qualify in the end.

Warnings for blabla_ and glenn_cullen.

Race 1:

1. skengdigi
2. Scaniabebe
3. rolo912011
4. PleaseD1e
5. Sig1611
6. hurleyman24
7. xflow1390
8. mrbrendon999 (delayed 5-second penalty)
9. glenn_cullen
10. Street-King-07
11. TheOldStig
12. DR_ingo5
13. Weezy_7
NC. blabla_
NC. smith1001
DNF. True-blue-8

Pole Position: skengdigi
Fastest Lap: Scaniabebe - 1:34.587
Lap Leaders:
skengdigi, Scaniabebe

Race 2:

1. xflow1390
2. rolo912011
3. PleaseD1e
4. True-blue-8
5. Sig1611
6. glenn_cullen
7. mrbrendon999
8. Street-King-07
9. TheOldStig
10. hurleyman24
11. DR_ingo5
DSQ. skengdigi (delayed warning + 15-point BTCC-8 deduction)
DNF. Scaniabebe (warning)
DNF. smith1001

Fastest Lap: True-blue-8 - 1:34.896
Lap Leaders: True-blue-8, xflow1390, rolo912011, skengdigi (point not awarded)

--

Delayed Warnings and Deductions:
@SkengD - 2 penalty points awarded for BTCC-8, along with a 15 Drivers' Championship (only) points deduction for BTCC-8. This does not affect locked-in status for Round 1, and you are still able to score points for pre-season participation.
--

Please PM me if you want your penalties explained to you. You have 24 hours from the time of this post to appeal your penalty/penalties should you wish to.

Points up shortly 👍

--

Last edited:
Why Scaniabebe and skendigi were disqualiffied and given an warning? And Jack Spears Trophy? Nice race guys! I liked to race with you! See you in next season :cheers:

FINAL POINTS:

Drivers' Points:

S7FINALDRIVERS_zps486b8dd2.png

Teams' Points:

S7FINALTEAMS_zps86960612.png

Manufacturers' Points:

S7FINALMANUFACTURERS_zpsb222437f.png

Independents' Points:

S7FINALINDEPENDENTS_zps95ea130d.png

---------

---------​

Next Round: SEASON COMPLETE

---------

Results:

1. Spa - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/btcc-7-round-1-spa.290310/page-32#post-9428654
  2. Silverstone National -https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...verstone-national.290310/page-37#post-9455721
  3. Autumn Ring - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ring-1-space-open.290310/page-43#post-9482925
  4. Brands Hatch Indy - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...rst-2-spaces-open.290310/page-49#post-9506735
  5. Bathurst - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ast-5-spaces-open.290310/page-55#post-9529982
  6. Motegi East - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/btcc-7-round-7-silverstone-gp.290310/page-66#post-9553194
  7. Silverstone GP - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/btcc-7-round-7-silverstone-gp.290310/page-78#post-9578681
  8. Brands Hatch GP - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/btcc-7-ian_83-is-the-champion.290310/page-82#post-9598319

---------​

@Ian_83 is the BTCC-7 Drivers' Champion :cheers:

Team 'Murica are the Teams' Champions 👍

BMW win the Manufacturers' Championship :cheers:

@Malcolm Tucker is the Independents' Champion :cheers:

Locked-In Drivers for Round 1 of BTCC-8:
@Ian_83 @rolo912011 @SkengD @quade420 @xflow1390 @DirtyNurbKing58 @hurleyman24 @AudiMan2011 @CptMadBean @mrbrendon999

Right, it's time to issue my customary thanks to all drivers who took part in BTCC-7. :cheers: 👍

Thanks to the new pre-qualifying system we managed to pull in 30 different drivers to the track over the course of the season, which of course is a record high. New nationalities to the series and new talents too. For a mid-season series those kind of numbers are just incredibly high and I've been pleasantly surprised and amazed.

I think this has been the most enjoyable season we've had to date, and certainly one of the most competitive. I think it's brilliant to see a new champion, and not only that, but wrestling what is arguably the worst car on this season's grid to the title. Massive credit to @Ian_83, I'm super impressed. Congratulations too to @SkengD and @quade420 for winning the Teams' Championship for Team 'Murica, and assisting BMW to the Manufacturers' title along with @hurleyman24, @Siggers and @iFuriousRacer. Kudos to @Malcolm Tucker for coming across the line to win the Independents' title despite his race ban, and to @mrbrendon999 for just pipping him to the final locked-in spot for Round 1 of next season. @Harsk100 is the winner of the Jack Sears Trophy, but unfortunately Britney's dad wasn't willing to finance a championship that only scored points in 2 of the 8 rounds, so no place in the Hall of Fame for it.

BTCC-8 has the potential to be even better still with more intensive testing and a much more competitive field. I'm really proud of the fact we have such a loyal, friendly and respectful bunch in this series, it's a real pleasure to host this for you. Ease up on the whinging though, right? I hope that there will be a lot less warnings to hand out over the course of next season too.

All-time statistics will be posted in the Season 8 thread once the One-Make Series concludes on Tuesday. As a side note, numbers are a little thin in that series going into the final round... now BTCC-7 is over, anyone fancying a crack in a Nissan GT-R around Tokyo on Tuesday? :sly:

Anyway, cheers all, it's been a real pleasure. Let's make BTCC-8 even better still. 👍 :cheers: :gtplanet:

Why Scaniabebe and skendigi were disqualiffied and given an warning? And Jack Spears Trophy? Nice race guys! I liked to race with you! See you in next season :cheers:

Penalty decisions are discussed in PMs.

Britney's dad wasn't willing to spend money on a trophy for a championship that only happened 25% of the time.

Right, it's time to issue my customary thanks to all drivers who took part in BTCC-7. :cheers: 👍

Thanks to the new pre-qualifying system we managed to pull in 30 different drivers to the track over the course of the season, which of course is a record high. New nationalities to the series and new talents too. For a mid-season series those kind of numbers are just incredibly high and I've been pleasantly surprised and amazed.

I think this has been the most enjoyable season we've had to date, and certainly one of the most competitive. I think it's brilliant to see a new champion, and not only that, but wrestling what is arguably the worst car on this season's grid to the title. Massive credit to @Ian_83, I'm super impressed. Congratulations too to @SkengD and @quade420 for winning the Teams' Championship for Team 'Murica, and assisting BMW to the Manufacturers' title along with @hurleyman24, @Siggers and @iFuriousRacer. Kudos to @Malcolm Tucker for coming across the line to win the Independents' title despite his race ban, and to @mrbrendon999 for just pipping him to the final locked-in spot for Round 1 of next season. @Harsk100 is the winner of the Jack Sears Trophy, but unfortunately Britney's dad wasn't willing to finance a championship that only scored points in 2 of the 8 rounds, so no place in the Hall of Fame for it.

BTCC-8 has the potential to be even better still with more intensive testing and a much more competitive field. I'm really proud of the fact we have such a loyal, friendly and respectful bunch in this series, it's a real pleasure to host this for you. Ease up on the whinging though, right? I hope that there will be a lot less warnings to hand out over the course of next season too.

All-time statistics will be posted in the Season 8 thread once the One-Make Series concludes on Tuesday. As a side note, numbers are a little thin in that series going into the final round... now BTCC-7 is over, anyone fancying a crack in a Nissan GT-R around Tokyo on Tuesday? :sly:

Anyway, cheers all, it's been a real pleasure. Let's make BTCC-8 even better still. 👍 :cheers: :gtplanet:
hehe thanks mate and thank you for being the #1 host ;) and a great racer :)

Back