<- BTCC-8 -> PleaseD1e Doubles Up! PAR Teams, Renault Manufacturers, canyondrifter IndependentsFinished 

• Thread starter rolo912011
  • 2,698 comments
Won't be able to make it tonight, I'm on 6pm-2am shifts so I'm lucky there's no race nights on this week.

I've done a bit of testing around Laguna in my Alfa and I was 0.7s down on my best 1.08 time. It seems like all the FF's have been slowed to a similar degree, but the FR's have been hit harder.

Most likely we'll be running to see how much time we've lost compared to before the update, so it's possible we'll be running our Laguna setups from 1.08 to compare.

I'm sure when installing fully adjustable suspension camber was 0.0/0.0.
Did it today on the hyundai and camber was auto set to 0.5/1.5.

I would say if running standard setups or tunes camber maybe needed.

Dolhuas trying to run a new setup now for us with the new update.
But in genral times seem slower :confused:

About 1.5 secs slower on the previously used setup at Laguna
With a retune I'm still about 0.5 down

The thing that might be killing the hyundai is that it was always on a knife edge, small physics changes can have big effects when the car is as sensitive as it is.
I'm not sure about how the RWD nerfing is working, seems to hit some cars harder than others.

No setup except for Max Speed Transmission set to 174, and 194kg Ballast set to 45% (50:50 distribution)
The stock suspension has camber (+ extra rear toe) on it, that's probably where the extra pace has come from post update. The physics change is giving my previous setups issues rather than the car as a whole. I have to say that the camber makes a world of difference to the car in terms of stability but we won't really know how it stacks up until race time.

The stock suspension has camber (+ extra rear toe) on it, that's probably where the extra pace has come from post update. The physics change is giving my previous setups issues rather than the car as a whole. I have to say that the camber makes a world of difference to the car in terms of stability but we won't really know how it stacks up until race time.

If that change is a good one then that might work out well since the Hyundai has perhaps been one of the weaker cars. 👍

To be honest, having run a few cars, I'm matching or improving on all of my pre-1.09 times at Laguna. FFs are perhaps a bit more keen to wash out and slide but it's easy to manage. Physics seem fine. I think we're good to go next week with no changes.

That said, anything major, please mention.

Also, this may not be totally cool with all, but if someone's really really struggling after 1.09 (more so than before the update), I think it's only fair to offer a mid-season car swap (with blessing of all stewards, say). We want numbers up after all and I think loyalty to the series should be rewarded.

woah sorry guys i haven't been getting notifications, everything keeps getting messed up for me.
It was my last day of college today and i feel really tired, just relaxing tonight. i'll be on tomorrow if people are free.
Everyone posting pics of their bikes and cars lol. looking to get my bike licence now haha

woah sorry guys i haven't been getting notifications, everything keeps getting messed up for me.
It was my last day of college today and i feel really tired, just relaxing tonight. i'll be on tomorrow if people are free.
Everyone posting pics of their bikes and cars lol. looking to get my bike licence now haha
I finally have my driver licence but I sit at home studying... :lol:
9 days and 5 tests to go until summer holidays!! :gtpflag:

Sorry guys I have come down very ill this afternoon. No strength in my muscles or anything. I will let you know if I am better by next week.

The Megane seemed okay at Laguna today, maybe a touch slower, but that could quite easily be a lack of practice on my part.

The Nissan felt a bit quicker than the Hyundai and the Merc felt awful. To be fair though, I'm not an FR driver and I don't know how to tune an FR in GT6 yet.

I'm not convinced that the changes are all that dramatic, I think that we should just crack on. 👍

Back