<- BTCC-8 -> PleaseD1e Doubles Up! PAR Teams, Renault Manufacturers, canyondrifter IndependentsFinished 

• Thread starter rolo912011
  • 2,698 comments
Just remembered, I think someone asked a while ago about drop scores now a 9th round is in.

Top 7 scores count now, 2 dropped still. Forgot to update/remember/even think about this :sly:

yeah i forgot we started the same time street lol
it was rob etc ian. the integras was such a good season. waiting for monaco, my first win lol
i love GVS, can't fault it

yeah i forgot we started the same time street lol
it was rob etc ian. the integras was such a good season. waiting for monaco, my first win lol
i love GVS, can't fault it
I was just thinking.... I wonder how many seasons we have to take part in to be classed as a veteran? I've been in the BTCC for a little while now and have had my fair share of silverware but I don't class myself as a BTCC vet yet. :lol:

You and Street have done a fair stint too. It's awesome to have guys that stick around for several seasons, it gives us all a chance to get to know each other a little I guess; Although to be honest I don't know much about anyone, we should have a driver Q&A session. :cool:

I was just thinking.... I wonder how many seasons we have to take part in to be classed as a veteran? I've been in the BTCC for a little while now and have had my fair share of silverware but I don't class myself as a BTCC vet yet. :lol:

You and Street have done a fair stint too. It's awesome to have guys that stick around for several seasons, it gives us all a chance to get to know each other a little I guess; Although to be honest I don't know much about anyone, we should have a driver Q&A session. :cool:

I'd say get more than 60 race finishes under your belt and that'd make you a veteran, since that puts you in the Top 10 overall in finishes of all the drivers (well, 9, but near enough).

I do like the fact there's a solid core here 👍 Driver Q&A's sound good to me, although let's not snoop into too much detail!

Integras definitely the best season so far, although BTCC-7 ran it close.
Season 7 was damn good. 👍

The Integra's were okay too, but I find the one-makes a bit boring if I'm honest. I like the variety of cars on the track, seeing the strengths and weaknesses and I enjoy the challenge of tuning the car to drive how I would like it too.

A one-make with tuning would possibly be fun, or maybe even a two-make.

I'd say get more than 60 race finishes under your belt and that'd make you a veteran, since that puts you in the Top 10 overall in finishes of all the drivers (well, 9, but near enough).

I do like the fact there's a solid core here 👍 Driver Q&A's sound good to me, although let's not snoop into too much detail!
How many finishes have I had now? I'll have to look at the stats on the previous season.

I'm not afraid of a few questions and if asked something a bit too personal I'll just lie.....:lol:

i love this series. BTCC-7 was close but not as varied as integras.
Well i guess i can do Q&A for the media thread, and for suggesting it ian, your first XD

Most of the hardest drivers i've raced against came from here.

78 👍

I'll draw up a Q&A using me as a template shall I?

I didn't think that it was that many. I need to get out more.

Yeah do a template, it doesn't have to be answered if a person feels that a question is too personal for any reason....just some basics like, first name, age, location, type of job, gaming history, income, bank account number, etc..... :sly:

OK, feel free to copy this and use it yourself. Add/remove whichever details from your answers, no pressure ;)

Name: Rowan
Male/Female: Male
Home Town/County or State/Country: Ramsgate, Kent, UK
How did your PSN name come to be?: Rolo is a nickname off a friend, 91 refers to my birth year, and 2011 refers both to the 20 years of age I was in 2011 and the year 2011.
Describe your GT driving style: Solid but inconsistent
A little sentence about yourself/anything else: Psychology graduate from the University of Kent

How's this? Feel free to hit me up with ideas and it can be added to the list of points.

Name: Jimi
Home Town/County or State/Country: Newport, Wales, UK
How did your PSN name come to be?: True-blue is for my favourite football team chelsea. 8 is my favourite player Frank Lampard (well he was the unloyal ******* lool)
Describe your GT driving style: Hard, clumsy, sometimes too kind to others.
A little sentence about yourself/anything else: Love all classic cars/bikes. Focusing on ny racing career. Car: Lotus F27

Doing psychology in my A-levels rolo, but expect my syllabus is different to what you did.

Doing psychology in my A-levels rolo, but expect my syllabus is different to what you did.

I think I did AQA Psychology at A-Level, and yeah it was a while back, 2007-09. I think loads of A-Levels have changed since then. If you've learned about Loftus & Palmer, how memory works and the major psychological perspectives (biological, psychodynamic etc), then you're probably on the right lines :sly:

yep, that was the 2nd unit, the hardest for me.
i studied so hard for them, knew every study. At the end of the paper i had 10 minutes left, panicked, and forgot studies, so i made some up in the spot :D
September we do statistics (spearman's Roe) wow its complicated, and thats coming from someone who took physics ;)

Name: Domenico
Home Town/County or State/Country: Cosenza, Calabria, Italy
How did your PSN name come to be?: tenderly90 was my first password for secondary school email :) and after that it became my username
Describe your GT driving style: Solid but aggressive
A little sentence about yourself/anything else: I love the world of videogames since I was five years old. I love every gender of game but only one stole my heart, 'Gran Turismo' :D

OK, feel free to copy this and use it yourself. Add/remove whichever details from your answers, no pressure ;)

Name: Rowan
Home Town/County or State/Country: Ramsgate, Kent, UK
How did your PSN name come to be?: Rolo is a nickname off a friend, 91 refers to my birth year, and 2011 refers both to the 20 years of age I was in 2011 and the year 2011.
Describe your GT driving style: Solid but inconsistent
A little sentence about yourself/anything else: Psychology graduate from the University of Kent

How's this? Feel free to hit me up with ideas and it can be added to the list of points.
Name: Roflwaffle
Male/Female: Other
Home Town/County or State/Country: somewhere in another country
How did your PSN name come to be?: I'm not creative
Describe your GT driving style: Good, really good
A little sentence about yourself/anything else: I once got bitten by a spider

Did I dun good, Rolo?

Name: Ian
Home Town/County or State/Country: Skegness (area), Lincolnshire, UK
Occupation: Hot tub technician. Been running my own business for 8+ years now.
How did your PSN name come to be?: When I signed upto the PSN, I wanted to play COD. The usernames I entered were all taken, so I just thought, 'what the hell, I'll probably be useless anyway and I'll only kill people if I ask them kindly'. So I entered PleaseD1e and it was available. Success.
Describe your GT driving style: I'm slow to learn a track and car combination, but given time I can be reasonably quick. I try to race clean.
A little sentence about yourself/anything else: I'm a qualified electrician. Slightly old fashioned, sometimes stressed and I like helping others.
Favourite car TVR Tuscan / Caterham / Ferrari F40.
Currently Driving '14 Vauxhall Vivaro Van.

Name: SK
Home Town/County or State/Country: Buckie, Moray, Scotland
How did your PSN name come to be?: I signed up for PSN in 2007, after I had finished the career mode of NFS: Pro Street.
Describe your GT driving style: Fast within the limits of my own talents, aggressive yet tactical
A little sentence about yourself/anything else: I currently have an HND in Engineering. I've also driven an Aston V8 Vantage, Ferrari 430 and an Audi R8
Favourite car: Audi R8
Currently Driving: '11 Vauxhall Corsa diesel

Name: Brendon Shadow Cooper
Home Town/County or State/Country: Shrewsbury, Shropshire, UK
How did your PSN name come to be?: Mr because I am a guy, Brendon because its my name and 999 because I am always annoying Rozzers on games
Describe your GT driving style: Fast but very inconsistent and clumsy
A little sentence about yourself/anything else: Just Graduated from college, always looking to learn more from people and help friends.

Name: Steven
Home Town/County or State/Country: Bracknell Berkshire England
Occupation: Paint sprayer, repainting someone fleet of Aircraft
How did your PSN name come to be?: Wanted a name no one had really, so come up with Madbean.
Name changed to CptMadbean or Cpt.Mad.Bean.
Mad.bean was made for Battlefield 2, so the name been with from about July 2005.
CptMadbean was born when the ps3 came out.
Describe your GT driving style: Almost there just make some errors, some small some not so small :banghead:
A little sentence about yourself/anything else: Married two kids, that's life.

Moments that made you laugh: TVR Tuscan tried seeing how fast my blade was, I played case.
What lasted I guess just over a mile.
He had to stop as his rear exhausts were dragging on the floor.

Favourite car: mark 2 RS2000
Currently Driving: Clapped out Mondeo 1999 and not so clapped Honda Accord coupe 2001.
Ride: Honda Fireblade RR2 2002

ALX_8245.jpg

Name: Steven
Home Town/County or State/Country: Bracknell Berkshire England
Occupation: Paint sprayer, repainting someone fleet of Aircraft
How did your PSN name come to be?: Wanted a name no one had really, so come up with Madbean.
Name changed to CptMadbean or Cpt.Mad.Bean.
Mad.bean was made for Battlefield 2, so the name been with from about July 2005.
CptMadbean was born when the ps3 came out.
Describe your GT driving style: Almost there just make some errors, some small some not so small :banghead:
A little sentence about yourself/anything else: Married two kids, that's life.

Moments that made you laugh: TVR Tuscan tried seeing how fast my blade was, I played case.
What lasted I guess just over a mile.
He had to stop as his rear exhausts were dragging on the floor.

Favourite car: mark 2 RS2000
Currently Driving: Clapped out Mondeo 1999 and not so clapped Honda Accord coupe 2001.
Ride: Honda Fireblade RR2 2002

ALX_8245.jpg

Great choice of favourite car, I'm partial to the MK1 Mexico myself ;)

Name: samurai
Home Town/County or State/Country: Buffalo, New York, USA (Hence the name Buffalo Motorsports)
How did your PSN name come to be?: Well, I was clueless. I didn't want to give away my real name, so it must of popped into my head "samurai8juicebox" and it would be very original too.
Describe your GT driving style: Very slow, like a turtle.
A little sentence about yourself/anything else: I would like to move to Canada or Britain someday, but it probably won't happen.
Sports: I'm a sports fan. I love my Buffalo Bills(American Football) and my Buffalo Sabres(Hockey).
Favorite Car: Would either be a Dodge Viper or a Dodge Charger SRT.

Latest Posts

Back