<- BTCC-8 -> PleaseD1e Doubles Up! PAR Teams, Renault Manufacturers, canyondrifter IndependentsFinished 

• Thread starter rolo912011
  • 2,698 comments
For the preview i'll put in a driver of the day. I've sent you guys a message on PSN for your answer. If i haven't send me your pick by PM on here. (obviously don't vote for self)

Sorry guys for missing Thursdays race but I was in hospital .. I had a suspected brain anyuerism but thankfully it was a false alarm after my tests came back all clear.. I should be able to race this week ... I'm a little stiff and sore after my lumbar puncture but it won't stop me from driving hard...

Sorry guys for missing Thursdays race but I was in hospital .. I had a suspected brain anyuerism but thankfully it was a false alarm after my tests came back all clear.. I should be able to race this week ... I'm a little stiff and sore after my lumbar puncture but it won't stop me from driving hard...
Christ don't that just put thing's into perspective:ill:. Glad your on the mend fella.:)

Last edited:
Yeah talk about all the luck in the world, was very close to a mass stack up really!

That's if its the one I'm thinking of on turn 11?
That's the one. :) I was just in the right place at the right time.

The build up to that turn 11 was intense, everyone was totally commited to gaining a place and the track was getting narrower at each corner. :lol:

Overall it was a decent day, there were a few careless mistakes that could have been avoided, but generally speaking the racing was great. From where I was sitting the battles were really tough fought. 👍

That's the one. :) I was just in the right place at the right time.

The build up to that turn 11 was intense, everyone was totally commited to gaining a place and the track was getting narrower at each corner. :lol:

Overall it was a decent day, there were a few careless mistakes that could have been avoided, but generally speaking the racing was great. From where I was sitting the battles were really tough fought. 👍
By the sounds of it I missed out on yet another great set of races... Oh well thank god for drop scores eh... Lol

The stewarding is almost done, so hopefully tonight or tomorrow at the latest. I've not seen or heard anything from Rolo today, so I'm guessing that he's busy.

Sorry for the delay in getting things done this week guys, had a very busy weekend and I'm working tomorrow too.

Results will be up tomorrow evening after 6 once I've caught up with all of the stewarding decisions. Too late in the day to get it all done now.

Results from Apricot Hill:

Race 1:

1. skengdigi
2. PleaseD1e
3. True-blue-8
4. Street-King-07
5. tenderly90
6. Sig1611
7. rolo912011
8. CptMadBean
9. blabla_
10. rabbit_9-8
11. glenn_cullen
12. samurai8juicebox

Pole: skengdigi
Fastest Lap: skengdigi - 1:28.200
Lap Leaders: PleaseD1e, Street-King-07, rolo912011, skengdigi

Race 2:

1. skengdigi
2. PleaseD1e
3. tenderly90
4. glenn_cullen
5. Sig1611
6. True-blue-8
7. Street-King-07 (5-second penalty)
8. rolo912011
9. rabbit_9-8
10. CptMadBean
11. samurai8juicebox
DNF. blabla_ (warning)

Fastest Lap: PleaseD1e - 1:27.922
Lap Leaders: glenn_cullen, CptMadBean, PleaseD1e, Sig1611, samurai8juicebox, skengdigi

Race 3:

1. PleaseD1e
2. skengdigi
3. True-blue-8
4. rolo912011
5. tenderly90 (position swap)
6. Sig1611 (warning + position swap)
7. Street-King-07
8. CptMadBean
9. glenn_cullen (warning)
10. samurai8juicebox
DNF. rabbit_9-8 (warning + 15-second delayed time penalty)

Fastest Lap: skengdigi - 1:27.753
Lap Leaders: CptMadBean, PleaseD1e, Sig1611, skengdigi, rolo912011

----

Drivers on Probation:
@Speedster7 - Due to your driving standards in your opening meeting, you have been placed on probation for the next round. If your current driving standards continue at the next meeting, you will be removed from the series.

Delayed Time Penalties:
@Speedster7 - a 15-second time penalty will be applied to the next race in which you finish but do not place last.

----

Please PM me if you want your penalties explained, or to appeal. You have 24 hours from the time of this post to appeal penalties.

Points up shortly. 👍​

Latest Points:

Drivers' Points:

S8DRIVERS140714_zpsae90420d.png

Teams' Points:

S8TEAMS140714_zpsff179010.png

Manufacturers' Points:

S8MANUFACTURERS140714_zps45854d4b.png

Independents' Points:

S8INDEPENDENTS140714_zps6766f5b9.png

---------

---------​

Next Round: Grand Valley Speedway (17/07/14)
Laps: 10

Pit Window: 3 - 7

---------

Results:

1. Laguna Seca - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...seca-1-space-open.306584/page-48#post-9771157
  2. Indy Road Course - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ill-2-spaces-open.306584/page-57#post-9844475
  3. Apricot Hill - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...hill-1-space-open.306584/page-61#post-9876068

---------​

Locked-In This Week: @Ian_83 @SkengD @rolo912011 @Siggers @CptMadBean @DirtyNurbKing58 @AudiMan2011 @gtp_Tenderly @iFuriousRacer

Pre-Qualifiers This Week: @samurai8juice @canyondrifter @wiseguy007 @hurleyman24 @kk20 @mrbrendon999 @Speedster7 @Scaniabebe @swiftsmith @Infernothefox @Harsk100 @xflow1390 @1996mikey2412 @Tertiusfire @neljack @V8-Johnboy
----

Alfa Romeo performance to be reviewed after Grand Valley. 10/20kg weight drop likely.

@Harsk100 One more week to get your PS3 before I give up your space.

Results from Apricot Hill:
2:

1. skengdigi
2. PleaseD1e
3. tenderly90
4. glenn_cullen
5. Sig1611
6. True-blue-8
7. Street-King-07 (5-second penalty)
8. rolo912011
9. rabbit_9-8
10. CptMadBean
11. samurai8juicebox
DNF. blabla_ (warning)

Fastest Lap: PleaseD1e - 1:27.922
Lap Leaders: glenn_cullen, CptMadBean, PleaseD1e, Sig1611, samurai8juicebox, skengdigi

I think its funny that in one lap I went from first to worst from pitting. I thought I would've finished last judging from R1 results, so I just tried to hold out on the pitting to lead a lap.

....Gotta love that pit strategy though. ;)

@gtp_Tenderly did well this week. 👍

I 'might' be online tonight if I finish work at a decent hour, I've not raced around GVS for a long while now, so I'm looking forwad to getting back onto this track. GVS is a classic.

@gtp_Tenderly did well this week. 👍

I 'might' be online tonight if I finish work at a decent hour, I've not raced around GVS for a long while now, so I'm looking forwad to getting back onto this track. GVS is a classic.
i'm sorry only for my 3 race, i was crashed two times,can be better than a 6°

Driver Of The Day - True-blue-8
(Thanks guys, i'm flattered lol :) )
Congratulations @DirtyNurbKing58. :cheers:

I would have voted for you too, but I'm still trying to remove your 🤬 brown paint from my rear bumper. :banghead: :lol: I was holding you up something crazy through the twisty sections of the track, I tried to carry as much speed as possible through the turns but it wasn't enough..... That Nissan sure has some grip in the corners. 👍

GVS might be a similar scenario, I'll fly down the straights but lose all the time through the bends again. Maybe @rolo912011 can add Route X to the calendar? :sly:

i'm sorry only for my 3 race, i was crashed two times,can be better than a 6°
You were unlucky in race 3, although you did finish 5th due to the position swap.

Some of my most satisfying races are as a result of an incident and making a good recovery can be very rewarding sometimes.

Last edited:
Apricot does seem to produce good racing , its just a hard track on the front tires
I was killing my front tyres. I tried to preserve them as best as possible, being careful with the steering input etc; But when I'm under pressure I forget all about tyre preservation and concentrate on holding my position. Race 3 was a perfect example, I tried to look after my tyres for a while but I wanted that win.....I wasn't letting you win all 3. :P

bit of info about GVS
it was my debut race in this series. Race 3 i was fighting for lead with scania, could have got a podium on debut weekend when i was innocently taken out at the first corner by none other than.... strawman andy. very weird to be returning here. Think i still have the replays saved....

lol sorry ian, green and brown dont go well together. Was great racing though mate, you too skeng. I really need to work on my box, im slower on the straight compared to skeng let alone the megane

bit of info about GVS
it was my debut race in this series. Race 3 i was fighting for lead with scania, could have got a podium on debut weekend when i was innocently taken out at the first corner by none other than.... strawman andy. very weird to be returning here. Think i still have the replays saved....

lol sorry ian, green and brown dont go well together. Was great racing though mate, you too skeng. I really need to work on my box, im slower on the straight compared to skeng let alone the megane

Funny you should say that, GVS was also my series debut back in the Integras where I grabbed 2 overall podiums and 2 Independent victories after fighting with Scania and Rolo.

I feel left out....I don't think that I have any of my 'firsts' at this track. I did have a good battle here though which I think involved @ROB 256R, Skeng and possibly Rolo, it was quite a while ago now (probably got the people wrong) and yes, I probably have the replay too. It was a really good fair battle between us all, trading places and giving each other the space to make the moves cleanly. 👍 It was exactly what online racing should be.

GVS is a classic Gran Turismo track for me, the game wouldn't be the same without it.

Back