<- BTCC-8 -> PleaseD1e Doubles Up! PAR Teams, Renault Manufacturers, canyondrifter IndependentsFinished 

• Thread starter rolo912011
  • 2,698 comments
Looking forward to tonight. In online testing I managed a 43.3 in the Citroen - solid car. Just have to be so careful to not run wide, though I've dialled out as much of the understeer as I can…

^ Nice. :)

The corners are easy to mis-judge and run wide on the exit, especially with understeer. Hopefully I can keep it between the lines in the race, I don't fancy a time penalty. :lol:

My concern is the pit entry. Get it slightly too wide and I get a drive-through. :( I can pretty much guarantee that someone will get caught out by that.

That's good news Mad, great Ping result too. 👍

One thing that I've noticed around RBR is that I seem to brake earlier for most corners than what others do. I'm not sure if that's my fault, or whether or not my approach goves me a better exit speed. But either way, I end up getting rear ended when someone is drafting me.

The Hyundai is certainly much better on the brakes than my Renault, in the Hyundai I can go a bit deeper into the turn and still stop the car.

Ian and skeng btcc-9 cars

10_cuft_Wheelbarrow_4WD.jpg

How was the track for racing, does it work well?

You need to be extremely careful with the pit entry - you have to enter in the middle of the white lines (not the blend line out on the circuit) else you will glitch and drive-through.

Otherwise, I think it has the potential for some great switchback racing, although it is fairly difficult to make a pass.

----

No race next week. Round 9 28th August.

Great first race, I was meant to see car power end of race 2.
It was just not putting the times in.
End of race looked 295bhp, lost 15bhp :(

No wonder why we were battling for the bottom positions race 2 and 3. :banghead:

Yeah I was over a second down in lap times.

Pls take note of this GTP rule, well take note of them all:

10: Defensive Driving:

A:
Leading cars have the right to choose their own line down a straight. They can change their racing line once while driving down a straight (Move from the outside line to the inside, or vice versa). As they approach the next corner, they can return to the racing line of their choice However, they're not allowed to change their line when the behind driver is directly behind and changes his line to try and make a pass. If your movement causes an accident, you're responsible.

I did report it from race 2 and I gave you a warning in the room about it.
Good to see it not happen in race 3 as if you do get pens for race 2, it may of also happened again in race 3 meaning more pens.

Good racing battle m8 ;)

Watching the old Integra races, why can't we get those back :D

Miss them but would like tuning options, tuning just adds that little real stuff like pitting.

Yeah those integras where a great little car... Much fun was had during those races... Tuning would be cool... But not all of us have somebody else who is excellent at setting up a car and have to do it ourselves ... Having said that all the F1 drivers have tech nerds to set their cars up same with touring cars... Just little personal tweeks to suit the individual driver are needed but the basic tunes are pretty much the same..so yeah I'd be up for another integra type race....with or without tuning

Back