<- BTCC-8 -> PleaseD1e Doubles Up! PAR Teams, Renault Manufacturers, canyondrifter IndependentsFinished 

• Thread starter rolo912011
  • 2,698 comments
Oil changes and chassis restore before races guys.

Overall I enjoyed the racing last night , only advantage I had was in braking and it was hard to get it right every time .

Overall I enjoyed the racing last night , only advantage I had was in braking and it was hard to get it right every time .

Was on canyon car setup list, dolhuas setup car with no oil change.
This seems to make car not need them, I would of done it but late test racing made me rush in to rolo room.
I can only blame canyon and Ian for making me make that mistake.

Come on I can't blame myself :scared:

Last edited:
I just checked, I was down to 301BHP, probably for atleast part of race 3, maybe race 2.

only a 4bhp lost that be in race 3, think I was losing power from end of race 1.

If I'm right there 3 stages to power lose.
Stage 1 car loses it grunt.
Stage 2 it loses some bhp
Stage 3 bhp takes a bigger hit

Before joining rolo room.
Clear cacha
restore chassis
Rebuild engine

That my gt5 list did nothing last night just joined in a rush :(

Yes. You are not allowed to leave the lobby in between races to change oil.

P.S. when will the points be updated? @rolo912011
Saturday or Sunday usually.

-----

NOTE: Track limits at Silverstone International

You are allowed to go beyond the cones on the entry to Hangar Straight, and run wide to the exit kerb of what would be Chapel corner on the full GP circuit. Two wheels on track on this kerb.

Yes. You are not allowed to leave the lobby in between races to change oil.

-----

You are allowed to go beyond the cones on the entry to Hangar Straight, and run wide to the exit kerb of what would be Chapel corner on the full GP circuit. Two wheels on track on this kerb.
Thats good news!

Why can't we just keep to the rules? I don't see why we should alter anything, it just blurs the boundaries of what is acceptable and what isn't. To me, running wide with more than two tyres over the white lines is out of bounds. :lol:

Why can't we just keep to the rules? I don't see why we should alter anything, it just blurs the boundaries of what is acceptable and what isn't. To me, running wide with more than two tyres over the white lines is out of bounds. :lol:

If you want to spend a week analysing all the corner exits to make sure nobody has put a wheel out, then be my guest. If anything, widening the limit makes it very clear what's acceptable and what's not, in a way that rigidly sticking to the cones can't. It's still the same rules for everyone and it's still a legitimate track boundary. You've all got 2 weeks to practice getting the line right so I don't see the problem to be honest.

I bet you anything that come the race, if I kept the boundary inside the cones everyone would run over it a few times. You're all good drivers but let's be real here.

so, rolo, mistake me if i'm wrong, but we can run wide on the exit of the corner to hangar straight?....

Yes. Two wheels on track for the far outside kerb (which is the kerb for the left sweep on the GP track).

Last edited:

Little lost, think my map right.
We allowed to run wide out of the link on to hanger straight yeah.

silverstone-international_0_zps69fe62a0.jpg

My thoughts are we should not aim to do it, bit like round stowe.
As draft grip or race prussure can make you run wide and not meaning it.

Stowe bend the one I worry about the most, driver run well wide and rejoin the track.
Try to keep there place on track, will one day lead to a big crash.
My thinking is if you leave the track and rejoin close to the car behind you still.
You should give that place up.

Little lost, think my map right.
We allowed to run wide out of the link on to hanger straight yeah.

My thoughts are we should not aim to do it, bit like round stowe.
As draft grip or race prussure can make you run wide and not meaning it.

Yes.

It is allowed but whether you choose to use the extra room is up to you. To be honest the quickest way round that bend (The Link on that map) is not to go for the exit kerb anyway - it's better for momentum and lap time to give the far outside of the track some room.

I agree the fastest way for my car at least is to keep to the inside the cones route as I've tried the lett it run wide to keep momentum up but as I'm front wheel drive and although its only a slight amount of turning angle it still slows down my acceleration ... At the end of the cones if I run it wide I'm usually around 85 mph but if I stick to the cones it's 90 mph... So it's down to you guys to find your own lines... I guess... Lol

I agree the fastest way for my car at least is to keep to the inside the cones route as I've tried the lett it run wide to keep momentum up but as I'm front wheel drive and although its only a slight amount of turning angle it still slows down my acceleration ... At the end of the cones if I run it wide I'm usually around 85 mph but if I stick to the cones it's 90 mph... So it's down to you guys to find your own lines... I guess... Lol
I'm yet to try the track, but I'm probably going to stay within the racing lines regardless. I'm not getting my wheels and tyres dirty, it takes far too much effort to clean them. :P

People are practising hard already. I'll have to get my wheel out of the cupboard and set it back up otherwise I'll be left trailing.

1:10.2xx felt like a fluke , first sector was a 30.2 haven't done better than 30.3 since

Haven't done better than 1:10.4xx as well .

Will try to tune more later today and start to work on consistency now .

I expect this race to be at least 17 18 laps .

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back