<- BTCC-8 -> PleaseD1e Doubles Up! PAR Teams, Renault Manufacturers, canyondrifter IndependentsFinished 

• Thread starter rolo912011
  • 2,698 comments
last night's testing was strange. Running wide onto hangar really does help, just as going wide at stowe. It's quite a lot of time to be gained, as skeng found out too. You can let the car run wide and get on the power much earlier.

For the rack limits, I've always enjoyed this track,but the corner cutting is what has bugged me, it's sad we can't ust he proper defined lines, but there will always be someone to expose it, so using that part is probably the right thing to do to be honest.

1.10.504 my pb so far. But then I gave up as I got very creeped out when I guy with the PSN name DirtyNurbKing58 came into the room, sat there, then left. lo, stalk much? he's probably watching now. Hi mate :gtpflag:

Will be on this evening after the football.

Have we raced here before?

In the Megane series, but that was after you had left.

last night's testing was strange. Running wide onto hangar really does help, just as going wide at stowe. It's quite a lot of time to be gained, as skeng found out too. You can let the car run wide and get on the power much earlier.

For the rack limits, I've always enjoyed this track,but the corner cutting is what has bugged me, it's sad we can't ust he proper defined lines, but there will always be someone to expose it, so using that part is probably the right thing to do to be honest.

1.10.504 my pb so far. But then I gave up as I got very creeped out when I guy with the PSN name DirtyNurbKing58 came into the room, sat there, then left. lo, stalk much? he's probably watching now. Hi mate :gtpflag:

Will be on this evening after the football.

Stowe is strictly two wheels inside the kerbs. May have to pay extra attention for this while stewarding this meet.

In the Megane series, but that was after you had left.

Stowe is strictly two wheels inside the kerbs. May have to pay extra attention for this while stewarding this meet.
This corner isn't too bad, as if yo go wide, usually your fighting the car to regain control or not go wide, so you lose time. but if driver takes a smooth line through will gain a huge chunk

Tr
Little lost, think my map right.
We allowed to run wide out of the link on to hanger straight yeah.

silverstone-international_0_zps69fe62a0.jpg

My thoughts are we should not aim to do it, bit like round stowe.
As draft grip or race prussure can make you run wide and not meaning it.

Stowe bend the one I worry about the most, driver run well wide and rejoin the track.
Try to keep there place on track, will one day lead to a big crash.
My thinking is if you leave the track and rejoin close to the car behind you still.
You should give that place up.
the trouble with running wide at Stowe is your tires are dirty and will effect the braking and turn in point on the very next tight left... So please guys if you do run wide on Stowe brake early so that you don't slam into the guy in front pushing him off into the gravel trap

Results from Red Bull Ring:

Race 1:

1. PleaseD1e
2. canyondrifter
3. skengdigi
4. CptMadBean
5. glenn_cullen
6. Street-King-07
7. Sig1611 (position swap)
8. samurai8juicebox (position swap)
9. rolo912011
10. TheOldStig
11. blabla_
12. mikey_2412 (delayed 20-second penalty)
DNS. carya789

Pole: PleaseD1e
Fastest Lap: canyondrifter - 1:40.983
Lap Leaders: PleaseD1e

Race 2:

1. canyondrifter
2. PleaseD1e
3. skengdigi
4. rolo912011
5. Sig1611
6. TheOldStig
7. mikey_2412
8. blabla_
9. glenn_cullen (warning + 10-second penalty)
10. samurai8juicebox (warning)
11. Street-King-07
12. CptMadBean

Fastest Lap: PleaseD1e - 1:41.030
Lap Leaders: canyondrifter, skengdigi

Race 3:

1. canyondrifter
2. PleaseD1e
3. skengdigi
4. Street-King-07
5. rolo912011
6. blabla_
7. glenn_cullen
8. Sig1611
9. TheOldStig
10. CptMadBean
11. samurai8juicebox
DNF. mikey_2412

Fastest Lap: PleaseD1e - 1:40.820
Lap Leaders: mikey_2412, Street-King-07, canyondrifter

----

Drivers on Probation:

@gtp_Tenderly - 6 penalty points. One more warning means a one-round ban.

@Iceman220 - You need to improve your performance next time or we're going to have to ask you to leave. Do 10 laps of practice at least or something, it will do wonders for your lap times and track knowledge. We can't have a driver being unclassified in every race due to continual spins - it endangers other drivers and could ruin their races.

@Siggers - 6 penalty points. One more warning means a one-round ban.

@rolo912011 - 6 penalty points. One more warning means a one-round ban.

----

Please PM me if you want your penalties explained, or to appeal. You have 24 hours from the time of this post to appeal penalties.

Points up shortly. 👍​

Congratulations to @AudiMan2011 for passing 100 race finishes 👍

Teams' and Manufacturers' Championships look done. Confirmation very likely after Silverstone.

Those Drivers, Teams, Manufacturers and Independents with two drop scores remaining will have their first taken after Silverstone.

BTCC-9/future information coming up shortly.

Nice one Rolo. 👍

It was a shame about the pit entry at RBR. I did try to warn people about it though. :( At least there weren't any accidents on the approach to the pit entrance which was someone's worry before the race. Overall I quite liked the track, it's always great to get onto what I consider a 'proper race track' rather than a made up one.

Guttered about the 20-second time penalty, i'd of had finished 6th and came home with decent points :nervous:, plus the disconnection from 10th place :nervous:

Well done to @Ian_83 on practically winning the championship for the second time 👍 enjoy your pint :cheers:

BTCC-9
As you're probably all aware (and if not, I'll clear it up here), the next proper season will be the 9th of regular BTCC. However, there will be a little bit of a break before it kicks off in order to allow proper testing to take place (and so I can catch a bit of a break also). As I'm sure I've said before, my testing time and opportunity is a little limited these days, and so I've had very kind offers from the likes of @AudiMan2011 and @Ian_83 to help me along with the process. Of course, feel free to join them on that, and I will of course chip in where required and when I can.

When it comes to the car list, don't be expecting miracles or a complete revolution, because it's not going to happen. It's too much work and only if you design and build a series yourself can you fully appreciate the time and effort it all needs (and only if you're me can you know how much I don't want to spend another 200 hours of track time doing this :sly:). One thing I can confirm publicly at this stage is that the Renault and Nissan will not be returning, and that the remaining eight cars are all scheduled to return at this stage. The specs of those eight cars will be tweaked to hopefully ensure all can win. If you want new, there will be new - I do intend to have 9 or 10 choices to pick from, so that of course means one or two new machines. Those, however, will be staying under wraps for now ;) Please save on the car list suggestions, I've already got the potential cars in mind and have begun testing these. 👍

There will, however, be something of a rather different look about the track list for next season. More on that to come :sly:

As with this season, there will be a period of pre-season racing where points for taking part will be awarded. However, I would like to conduct some testing in private with the stewards first before we get to this. So, to fill that gap, I intend to bring into play an idea that @DirtyNurbKing58 suggested to me the other day. There's been a bit of talk about the old Integra series in recent days, and so I would like to resurrect it as a pre-season mini series to keep the racing flowing while testing gets done by the stewards at other times.

I plan to run this for the four weeks after this season finishes (September 11th - October 2nd), to the same format as this season, so 12 races in all. There has been talk about allowing tuning for this series, and I think in a limited sense I will do so. I want to keep the basic power/weight specs the same (i.e. stock spec), so that applying a success penalty (which in my view made that series so great) is very straight forward. However, beyond that, stuff like gearbox and suspension tuning should be fair game. I'm not sure of people's views on this, so if you're desperate for tuning prohibited again, say, then I'll put that into play. I will make a separate, dedicated thread for that series probably next week to allow sufficient time for sign-ups and such.

Hopefully this clears up all of the mixed messages about the future of the series, which to be honest hasn't been helped by the fact I didn't really know what I wanted to do next :sly:

Back