BTCC-9: Please see Post #305...Finished 

• Thread starter Scaniabebe
  • 316 comments
How are you getting on with ToCA?

First season in the Megane was tough, but a podium finish in my first season was a personal victory. Now I've hooked up with a better team as a satellite Independent runner in cars that I'm now more comfortable with. First shakedown was promising.

First season in the Megane was tough, but a podium finish in my first season was a personal victory. Now I've hooked up with a better team as a satellite Independent runner in cars that I'm now more comfortable with. First shakedown was promising.
That's good news. Finding a comfortable car is so important, nothing worse than driving a car that you're not happy with or struggling to tame. That's why I choose FF, I can keep them under control easier and I'm less likely to make a mistake.

ToCA should be a good series, it has been running for a long time now, so there should be less changes to the format etc.

1211212121212121_zpshvlyxryw.png

Hi,

As most of you have been predicting, things have not gone to plan. Originally, I took the opportunity, as I felt I would be able to run such a project. During 2014, I had some rather large personal circumstances to deal with - which was a rather difficult time. I took a hiatus from the race track in the home to be back on form in time for 2015. This is what I thought was going to happen when @rolo912011 handed over the keys to me. Unfortunately, since then, I feel that I'm still not ready to return, which is the reason for my lack of presence around here. I really feel stupid about this, as I was hoping to provide so much but completely failed in my task to deliver. But, I feel for the meantime, that I need to keep in the Slow Lane for some more time and focus on running the EuroTrucking Forums and working in that corner of the Internet. Once again, I'm really sorry for the promises that were made, and the fact that they haven't been delivered.

For now, at least, BTCC is set to remain closed. I want to thank @rolo912011 and Geeky30 for their efforts over the years.

Kind Regards,
Jason.

Any ideas (from anyone), just drop me a PM :)
I can take over now if you like, I have done seasons of my own before
I'll keep everything the way you have kept it (simple), I will need some stewards to help me do the penalties and I'll do the spec checks to make cars even before the season starts, I am free from work on Thursday evenings now

This is my offer but its all up to you rolo 👍

I can take over now if you like, I have done seasons of my own before
I'll keep everything the way you have kept it (simple), I will need some stewards to help me do the penalties and I'll do the spec checks to make cars even before the season starts, I am free from work on Thursday evenings now

This is my offer but its all up to you rolo 👍

If @Scaniabebe agrees to the idea then we'll talk :)

I saw this coming soon as Scania announced him stepping down from his driving seat in ToCA. I actually forgot this thread was still here.

I saw this coming soon as Scania announced him stepping down from his driving seat in ToCA. I actually forgot this thread was still here.
I knew it was coming too. :(

I didn't realise that he was in ToCA. Did he race much?

I knew it was coming too. :(

I didn't realise that he was in ToCA. Did he race much?

Early seasons was a typical BTCC mid grader, wrecking everyone and got banned :lol:

Come back a year or so later and better, showed some good pace in the tuning prohibited era's with the Megane, and missed all but final round last season following his other off-track matters. Been assured some yellow Renaults will still show though 👍

Just out of curiosity, how well balanced are/were the cars with their most recent specs?

If they were well-balanced and fun to drive I'm sure somebody will try them out for a one-off event of future series.

Just out of curiosity, how well balanced are/were the cars with their most recent specs?

If they were well-balanced and fun to drive I'm sure somebody will try them out for a one-off event of future series.
I don't think much testing actually got done so I doubt that the cars are balanced yet. ;)

Back