BTCC-9: Please see Post #305...Finished 

• Thread starter Scaniabebe
  • 316 comments
United Kingdom
Cleethorpes, UK
Scaniabebe
Banner_zpsb7b3d7e6.png

The new era of the BTCC Online Championship is here...

ClubID_zpsc2e02812.png

HallofFame_zps5361c756.jpg

HallofFame_zpseefb0e06.jpg

BTCC-1
BTCC-2
BTCC-3
BTCC-4
Japanese Sports Coupe Cup
BTCC-5
BTCC-6
Honda Integra Cup
BTCC-7
Renault Megane Trophy
One-Make Series
BTCC-8
Honda Integra Cup - Season 2

Last edited:
CarsRulesRegulations_zpsec7767ea.jpg

NOTE: This Car List is not finalised. Please expect changes in the near future...

BMW_zps82229822.jpg

Ford_zpsa4719360.jpg

Honda_zps25b5d294.jpg

Mazda_zps0fc974e7.jpg

Nissan_zpsa2f4ba1a.jpg

Renault_zps5eacdf95.jpg

Please run these cars with Racing: Hard tyres.
Nitrous is not permitted.

Calendar_zps775fdd13.jpg

Round 1, 2, 3: Brands Hatch Indy
Round 4, 5, 6:
Round 7, 8, 9:
Round 10, 11, 12:
Round 13, 14, 15:
Round 16, 17, 18:
Round 19, 20, 21: Silverstone National Circuit
Round 22, 23, 24: Brands Hatch GP

PenaltyampStewards_zps00220fef.jpg

By signing up to BTCC, you agree to accept and observe the Series Rules.
The current BTCC Stewards are Scaniabebe. Please PM the stewards via GTPlanet or PSN regarding on-track incidents. Do NOT publicity address the issue with the other driver(s) involved. In general, the stewards will only view what is reported to them via PM< although action may also be taken if any non-reported incidents are seen.

For the decision of the stewards to stand, at least two of the stewards must agree to it, else no action will be taken, or most lenient penalty will be awarded. Stewards are not allowed to judge incidents involving themselves. The reasons for penalties will not be made public - please PM the stewards if you would like an explanation for your penalty/penalties, or to appeal.

You will be issued a warning if you driving in a certain incident is perceived to be unacceptably 'dirty' - this means you are automatically given 2 Penalty Points. You can receive a maximum of one warning per race, but it is possible to receive multiple warnings in one race meeting!

You will be banned for One Race Meeting if you earn 8 Penalty Points (4 Warnings) during the Season. Race bans do not count as drop scores. If you earn enough points to be banned due to an incident or incidents at the final round of the season, then your ban carries over to your next BTCC Season/Event.

You will be banned for the rest of the season if you earn 16 Penalty Points (8 Warnings) during the Season. New drivers may be placed on probation after their first meeting if they earn any penalty points/time penalties in their debut round. If their standard of driving does not improve at their second meeting, they will be permanently banned from the Series.
Time penalties are not normally associated with a warning, but it's at the stewards' discretion. If you have already received a warning in a single race, you will be issued time penalties for any further rule breaks during that race (of at least 5 seconds each). Other incidents may be worthy of only a time penalty, of variable length. Pitting too early or too late incurs a 10 Second Penalty. Failing to pit at all incurs a 60 Second Penalty.

It is not possible for us to record and replay instances of drivers being blocked in Qualifying. However, if the stewards receive persistent complaints of blocking from several events, or if any incidents are seen On-Track by a steward, then the driver at fault will be penalised with warnings and/or time penalties.

Off Track behaviours can also be penalised. Please respect other drivers even when not on the track (on GTP or PSN), as well as on it. Penalties will be issued if a driver's behaviour is considered disrespectful and offensive, or if a driver persistently attempts to stir up trouble in discussion. There are no maximum limit to penalties, and may face to a full season or even permanent ban!

All decisions are at the stewards' discretion, and may include penalties not listed here. The Series Owner reserves the right to make the final decision on cases where appropriate. All drivers are welcome to appeal any penalties given to them, provided they do so within 24 hours of the race results being published. If your appeal is successful, the Final Results and Points Tables will be adjusted accordingly as soon as possible.

ProcedureampRules_zps1c67483c.jpg

Driving Aids: Driving Line & ABS
Grid: Grid Start with False Start Check
Boost: Off
Penalties: None
Tyre/Fuel Consumption: Normal
Grip Reduction on Wet Track/Track Edge: Real
Number of Pit Stops: 1 (Pit Window Provided in Advance)
Race Finish Delay: 120 Seconds (you will not be classified if you don't finish within 2 minutes of race winner)
Visible Damage: On
Mechanical Damage: Light
Slipstream: Weak

DROP SCORE SYSTEM: Each driver's/independents' worst two scores will be dropped.
Driver's Championship: Drivers must race in at least 7 meetings in order to qualify for at least one drop score.
Independents' Championship: Independents' must race in at least 7 meetings in order to qualify for at least one drop score.

----------
ARRIVE ON TIME! Due to the race format, the schedule is tight. We encourage all drivers to arrive at least 5 minutes before Spec Checks are due to begin for their session. In general, we will not wait for latecomers, and we will start no later than 10 minutes after the schedule regardless of circumstances. The only circumstances in which the start will be delayed further will be in the case of unexpected mass DCs/Black Screens/Game Freezes. If you are well aware of your individual connection problems,then we may not wait for yo, and we may have to ask you to leave the series if your connection seriously affects the field.
----------​

Top 10 "Locked In"
The Top 10 drivers in the Drivers' Championship (or less to accommodate the stewards) will be automatically guaranteed a starting position for each week's races. All other drivers must compete in Pre-Qualifying in order to fill the remaining 6 Spaces in the Lounge. Extra Qualifying Spaces will become available if Top 10 Drivers do not attend.

Race Night Procedure

Race Meetings Take Place on Thursdays from 7PM GMT.

7:00PM GMT: Pre-Qualifying (10 Minute Session)
7:15PM GMT: Qualifying for Race 1 (15 Minute Session)
7:30PM GMT: Race 1 (Grid determined by 15 Minute Qualifying Session)
7:55PM GMT: Race 2 (Grid will be a Reverse Grid on Race 1 Results)
8:20PM GMT: Race 3 (Grid will be a Reverse Grid on Race 2 Results)
8:50PM GMT: Qualifying for MiTO Cup (10 Minute Session)
9:00PM GMT: Race 1 of MiTO Cup (Grid determined on MiTO Cup Qualifying Session)
9:20PM GMT: Race 2 of MiTO Cup (Grid will be a Reverse Grid on Race 1 Results)

Manual grids will be used as a backup procedure for any race in case of problems.

During The Race
The BTCC Online Championship follows the GTP OLR Rules for acceptable conduct in racing, and these must be followed at all times!

Races may be Yellow Flagged in the event of a Major pileup. Which means the leader must slow to 60mph (approx. 100kph) and complete the lap under Yellow Flag Conditions (race resumes to Green Flag at the end of the lap (other than Brands Hatch Indy, which requires another lap to be completed under Yellow Flag). Races will be Red Flagged if there is deemed to be too much lag, or if drivers become stuck on the grid. Attempts will be made to run the races on the scheduled date if at all possible.

Mandatory Pit Stops and Pit Windows: Make sure your pit entries and exits are fair and safe! Any kind of incident must be avoided. Do not use cars in front as breaks on Pit Entry. Otherwise, entries and exits are free from any restriction.

2 Wheels on Track at ALL TIMES: "Track" is defined as being between the white lines. If the "Racing Line" requires you to cross a White Line (eg. Last Sector at Trial Mountain) then it's acceptable to do so. Two wheels are allowed on kerbs.

Bump Drafting is legal, as long as you do not risk a crash. Avoid when near a braking zone.

Using horns are not against the rules, but it is not recommended. Don't irritate people with them. If horn use is a factor in causing a crash, it will be taken into account and could increase the penalty.

You are not allowed to purposely retire/rage-quit from Race 1 or 2. If you need to retire, park in a safe place.

Unnecessary Chat during the race is not acceptable, and will result in penalisation.

PointsSystem_zps990fb30e.jpg

1st: 20 Points
2nd: 18 Points
3rd: 16 Points
4th: 14 Points
5th: 12 Points
6th: 10 Points
7th: 9 Points
8th: 8 Points
9th: 7 Points
10th: 6 Points
11th: 5 Points
12th: 4 Points
13th: 3 Points
14th: 2 Points
15th: 1 Point

1 Point for Pole Position for Race 1
1 Point
for the Fastest Lap in Each Race
1 Point
if you Lead a Lap in Each Race (Maximum of 1 Point per Race)
No Points are awarded for Pre-Qualifying.
In the Independents' Championship, Fastest Lap, Pole and Lead Laps are not awarded.

Entrants_zps3654046b.jpg

Scaniabebe / Scaniabebe / #55 / CAR TBA / Humberside Racing
Malcolm Tucker / glenn_cullen / #38 / BMW / MTMsport (I)
swiftsmith / smith1001 / RACE NO TBA /CAR TBA / Swift Autosport (I)
1996mikey2412 / mikey_2412 / #24 / BMW / West Surrey Racing
STOCKY8A1 / STOCKY8A1 / RACE NO TBA / #22 / Honda / TEAM TBA
sibbystiggy / TheOldStig / RACE NO TBA / BMW / West Surrey Racing
xZAMGMarmite / xZ_AMG_Marmite / #70 / Ford / Orange Pants Motorsport
Dan_181295 / Danni_Boi181296 / #18 / Ford / TEAM TBA
FaithlessEmo / FaithlessEmo / RACE NO TBA / BMW / TEAM TBA (I)
sb360 / Pamellaaa / RACE NO TBA / CAR TBA / TEAM TBA
Andil / Moleman / #77 / BMW / Andil and Yeratel
megg230 / megg230 / #99 / CAR TBA / Independent
Yeratel84 / Yeratel84 / RACE NO TBA / CAR TBA / Andil and Yeratel

TOTAL DRIVERS: 13/24
- AWOL Rule: If you miss 3 consecutive meetings of the Series (or both of the first 2 Meetings) without any reason or comment to let us know, either before or during your absence, then you will be removed from the Series. You can re-apply, but you sill join the back of the queue. Multiple breaches of this rule over a short period of time will result in future sign-ups being rejected. Please also note, it's not our responsibility to remind you of when races are!
Reserve Drivers:

CptMadBean / CptMadBean / #41 / Honda / Crash Test Dummies
SkengD / skengdigi / #42 / Honda / Crash Test Dummies
raceorama123432 / raceorama1234321 / #43 / BMW / O'ramaspeed
LancerEvo7 / GTP_LancerEvo7 / RACE NO TBA / BMW / O'ramaspeed
rolo912011 / rolo912011 / #1 / CAR TBA / TEAM TBA
mrbrendon999 / mrbrendon999 / RACE NO TBA / Honda / TEAM TBA

Last edited:
NextRoundInfo_zps36cabb73.jpg

There is currently no information about the next race meeting... Please check back soon!

FinalPoints_zps0a8ef0c3.jpg

There are currently no points for the Drivers, Teams, Manufactures and Independents Championship available... Please check back soon!

Results_zpsf90ed019.jpg

There are no results from races this Season, yet... Please check back soon!

Please take the time to familiarise yourself with some adjusted rules and regulations, and stay tuned for updates to Car Lists and the Season Calendar! New and exciting news will be released over the next few days/weeks! :D

Quick note: if Pre-Qualifying is a possibility, then how comes only 16 spaces are free to sign up with?

Otherwise, I'm glad to see things look good going forwards :)

Quick note: if Pre-Qualifying is a possibility, then how comes only 16 spaces are free to sign up with?

Otherwise, I'm glad to see things look good going forwards :)

Fixed.
I'm also pleased to have everything up and running now! It's now time for the dreaded job of Speccing Cars :lol:

Malcolm Tucker / glenn_cullen / TBA / MTMsport (Independent for now at least) :)

When do you aim to start the season? I'll also be up for contributing to spec testing if you need the extra data 👍

Malcolm Tucker / glenn_cullen / TBA / MTMsport (Independent for now at least) :)

When do you aim to start the season? I'll also be up for contributing to spec testing if you need the extra data 👍

Added 👍
I'm hoping to start the Season in January 2015. I'm going to do some testing tonight and get a base idea of how things will run.. Then I'll be sure to PM you!

Looks good @Scaniabebe nice work when will it be open to join

Sign-ups are open as of now.

Added 👍
I'm hoping to start the Season in January 2015. I'm going to do some testing tonight and get a base idea of how things will run.. Then I'll be sure to PM you!

Brilliant mate 👍 My GT diary is empty until February so I'll have plenty of time. I'm off skiing January 18th-25th so I'll miss that round unfortunately :(

Looks good so far. 👍 Spotted a tiny spelling mistake though. ;) Have fun finding it.

God damn it man! Just tell me where this mistake is :P

wow! new OP is looking sharp! well done @Scaniabebe btw I'll be reserving a space, team undecided yet

Put you down 👍

Good luck mate glad you're on the road back to some normality, think you know what I mean:tup:

Black Mini for Mikey btw.;)

Thanks mate 👍
By the way, you're always welcome to come and join us if you want!
And I think so, maybe an old Rover Mini? ;)

Don't forget this one @Scaniabebe ;)

Well saying this is a thread that has got more comments per minute on it than any other thread I've ever made... You need to let poor old Jason catchup.. It is his first day on the job, remember ;)

He'd have to really hate us to do something like that. Don't give him ideas :lol:

*Gives John the idea*

Began some testing... Top 2 cars are within .050 of each other around Brands Hatch, with the car in 3rd being 0.369 off the pace. The other two cars, don't ask :P
Is it safe to assume that the other 2 cars are as far off the pace as I would be?

Is it safe to assume that the other 2 cars are as far off the pace as I would be?

Well, I've got one of them's lap down to 47.641, so now it's just one more car to work some magic on!
I want to just get the Specs rough for now so then I have a good base to work from...

So you guys have some sort of idea of the current Specs I'm looking at... Here are the cars I'm looking at using for BTCC-9, with their individual Specs (note, still very early days with these).

Ford:
2013 Focus ST: 365bhp, 1200kg

Honda:

2008 Civic Type R: 330bhp, 1050kg

Mazda:
2007 Atenza Sport 25Z: 360bhp, 1210kg

Nissan:
2006 Skyline Sedan 350GT Type SP: 365bhp, 1300kg

Renault:
2011 Megane RS Trophy: 355bhp, 1150kg

Please run these cars with Racing: Hard tyres.
Nitrous is not permitted.

These are the times I got so far around Brands Hatch Indy...

1st: 2008 Honda Civic Type R (0:47.012)
2nd: 2006 Nissan Skyline Sedan 350GT Type SP (0:47.041)
3rd: 2013 Ford Focus ST (0:47.342)
4th: 2011 Renault Megane RS Trophy (0:47.410)
5th: 2007 Mazda Atenza 25Z (0:47.641)

Back