<- BTCC -> Honda Integra Cup Season 2 - rolo wins a title at the 13th attempt!Finished 

• Thread starter rolo912011
  • 1,178 comments
System update now on game update hmm blank screen for 30 mins not good.
Restart hmm restart button not working just beep beep beep.
Pulled the plug out restoring file system 10 mins......

updating again 10 mins left 12 mins 14 mins 19 mins 18 mins 12 mins 14 mins 16 mins 18 mins 13 mins.....
11 mins 10 mins 7 mins 8 mins 5 mins 6 mins lol.

now on the longest 1 min ops gone up over a min again...
Wow that was quick, oh there another update...............

2 mins I guess, is it done?

Yeah

Not sure if the download was still going on with the blank screen, if not I guess it not take to long.

I think a lot of the old guard feel this way now :indiff:
Sad but oh so true. :(

GT6 just hasn't met the expectations at all. The hype was encouraging but I'm afraid that PD haven't delivered, we're a year on and still missing the course creator which was supposed to be available at launch. As for the engine sound.....:lol:.....PD could probably learn something from Rockstar.

Sure GT6 will remain popular for a while yet, but I'm afraid that there will become a time in the not so distant future when guys leave GT to do other things.

Looking ahead, the BTCC hasn't done any testing for a season 9 that I'm aware of. We only have the cars and knowledge from previous seasons to work with. With that in mind, I think the next season (if Rolo passes the baton) would have to be a one or two make series. The testing required for a full on season 9 would take too long unless someone has got loads of spare time.

As I look at it, we've got just enough time to run a couple of seasons prior to Project Cars being launched, but there isn't much time for messing around testing....Unless we have a break for testing and then just one final season starting sometime early January.

I know that someone is interested in moving on with the BTCC and I don't know what their plans actually are, but the above are just my thoughts.

Looking ahead, the BTCC hasn't done any testing for a season 9 that I'm aware of. We only have the cars and knowledge from previous seasons to work with. With that in mind, I think the next season (if Rolo passes the baton) would have to be a one or two make series. The testing required for a full on season 9 would take too long unless someone has got loads of spare time.

As I look at it, we've got just enough time to run a couple of seasons prior to Project Cars being launched, but there isn't much time for messing around testing....Unless we have a break for testing and then just one final season starting sometime early January.

I know that someone is interested in moving on with the BTCC and I don't know what their plans actually are, but the above are just my thoughts.

Nope, none at all apart from some very early running a long time ago. I had planned to just use the same car list as Season 8 with some minor tweaks, a couple of removals and maybe one new car. The new stuff was all gonna be in different and new tracks, night racing and weather effects. You're looking (and I'm not joking) at at least 100 hours of in-game running if you wanted to start a whole car list of 6-8 cars from new (and get it right before you go).

As I've said to you Ian, I'm sure you could run a one or two make with your eyes shut. All you need for a one-make is to pick a car and find an HP penalty system that works and that's literally it for the preparation. Your internet seems ideal. If there are delays or issues with the potential new host for Season 9 and beyond then I'm sure we could speak as a three privately and come to an arrangement where the baton is passed onto you (or maybe you in partnership with someone like skeng) in the interim period. There's definitely time for a couple more seasons of good racing there. The core community is smaller than it used to be but I think there's still enough loyalty and fresh blood to bring in the numbers. I'd be willing to perhaps provide support with points tables and such but that's as far as I'd go. I'm still definitely retiring :sly:

^^ I read that as 'partially retiring'. :lol:

Yep, the amount of hours testing is just damn silly, but to make a fair list of balanced cars does require time. I'd be looking at running probably 50 laps per car around somewhere like Suzuka. Find a base car that I'm happy with and then slowly balance the others to match. Realistically each tweak would need a lot of laps to ensure that the tweak has worked correctly. It all adds up.

Last seasons cars will lessen the amount of work a little, but with each update that arrives from PD there is always the possibility that something has altered slightly.

I don't envy the guys that run championships that are using a multi-car format. It's not easy making it fair.

Nah, I am actually retiring. Gotta leave this idea of a grand change of heart behind. It's not happening. So that's nearly 2 hours per car. Say you want 6 cars then it's 12 hours. Just at that one track. Multiply by 8 and you've got 96 hours of running, then you realise a car doesn't work so hours get wasted. It's so fun.....

Exactly, just another of those reasons why I give up with it. Give us a finished product and don't alter the physics.

It not really that rolo it's a lot longer when your looking at tuning cars.
I remember passing you a setup to test, it made you 2 secs quicker than before.
Tuning can really out balance any work done, then there them updates :)

I think we should think on the lines of one or two cars makes with tuning.
10 car option no tuning

So.. I tested using pingtest.net...

110971347.png

^^^ That's where I'd be going with things Mad. A one-make with tuning would be good fun. I know that some can't tune their cars, but GTPlanet has plenty of tunes available for cars so there will be one out there that works without putting in the effort.

I have also thought about a different challenge, two small hatchbacks, fwd, , slightly less power than usual but the aim is for closer racing and making tuning and driving skill more important. Consider it a manufacturer v's manufacturer battle.

I think one more season could be successful, but like you say it's the hours that need to be put in to testing :indiff:

Also I wouldn't use this season as a judge of the popularity, no one seems to be interested in one-make spec racing, even though it's more likely to be fair and balanced.

I think one more season could be successful, but like you say it's the hours that need to be put in to testing :indiff:

I wont miss it!:banghead::yuck: Not surprised it done for Rolo it always was the worst part.:indiff:

Edit: Quoted you badly there Rob damn phone!:boggled:

Also I wouldn't use this season as a judge of the popularity, no one seems to be interested in one-make spec racing, even though it's more likely to be fair and balanced.
Hmm, I've always thought that the multi-makes are more interesting, but a one-make with tuning does at least allow for some tweaking and variation amongst the field.

I've never liked tuning prohibited much. It's too restrictive. I can't get the car to handle how I would like it too. It makes things fairer (we all have the same car) but I like to fiddle with the settings. :sly:

Hmm, I've always thought that the multi-makes are more interesting, but a one-make with tuning does at least allow for some tweaking and variation amongst the field.

I've never liked tuning prohibited much. It's too restrictive. I can't get the car to handle how I would like it too. It makes things fairer (we all have the same car) but I like to fiddle with the settings. :sly:

Yeh I agree, especially considering PD's questionable base settings.

I think people like choice and variation, even though it makes no difference to the end product. If people can choose Fairy Liquid over Persil then they will be more satisfied with the Fairy Liquid compared to if they didn't have the choice, even though they're still ending up with the same thing.

Yes the season is ending as normal. Of course, you're on the entry list so why wouldn't you be? I'm just keeping out new sign-ups so there's room for the old guard to do their one-off next week.

@rolo912011 - Just a quick heads'up..... The room settings that you have saved will now be gone. I've just looked and had to setup a lobby from scratch again and then save it.

once round turn 1 you may see players try over takes, it's not really a place to try.

Maybe we should place bets on who going to be the first one late on the brakes for turn 1?

283hp is hard work at GVE. I can keep in the draft, but once the draft is lost the only way is backwards....or at least it was when I was trying to catch Dusty and MadBean earlier.

Won't be able to make tonight sorry mate. Can't get online til about 8

Going to let you guys know as it stressed me out big time yesterday. If you get error code 2:11 (You are signed into PSN but when you connect to GT servers it tells you that you can not go any further without signing into PSN). Go to the Network menu in game and open the terms of agreement under the clear cache option. Then restart the gam and it will work. No idea what on earth it was all about but it took me half an hour to fix and I pressed random buttons. Just letting people know so they don't panic if it happens to you 👍

Back