<- BTCC -> Honda Integra Cup Season 2 - rolo wins a title at the 13th attempt!Finished 

• Thread starter rolo912011
  • 1,178 comments
That barrier was a pain, I caught it twice in practice. I think that there's actually a slight glitch just there, the actual block that looks to be causing the problem doesn't protrude beyond the wall, so it appears to be an invisible wall that we're hitting. :(

Yeah you not see it coming, it like oh no dam I've stopped.
In less someone hit you and you think you just became a ballet dancer lol

I think in race 3 my mind was a little on the group catching me and Ian up.
Not sure why I was worried race was easy to battle Ian for the win.

Well lap 15 I think in real life I would of been killed!
As that wall stopped full stop lol.
The car had full damage all wheels and driver damage.

I would say anything street King can do I can do better.
But street beat me as he hit it in first place in race 1 and I hit it when in second place in race 3 :(

5662b29b-e032-4712-8838-739cb73cbc06_zps50b9ad8c.jpg

It happens I guess and I think King maybe of got a win in race 1 hard to say what would of happened.
If not for that wall, race 3 should of been a battle with Ian last lap.
But that wall just killed it, guess it's just racing.

Well done on race 1 Ian, I was joking about letting me get my first win.
Just gave you to much lead hoping for good power draft, but I think I pushed out of the final turn to quick on the power.
In my mind I would of got you before the line it just not happen :/

I had the better tyres in race 1 Mad, so I pushed hard in the final sector to break the draft, or at least increase the gap. I'd spotted earlier in the race that I could hold you off to the line as long as I got a great run through the tunnel and down into the final turn. :sly:

I have no idea what would have happened in race 3. I pitted on lap 7, so my tyres were getting warn and I was already starting to take it easier in an aim to extend the life of the rubber. Race 3 was your best chance to beat me, no doubt about that, I was going to struggle on the last lap (or two). :( That said, I don't give up easily....:lol:....I would have fought you all the way.

I'm glad that we had those battles. We've raced together a lot in test races, but rarely do we battle it out in Rolo's lounge. It's a pleasure to race against you like that, no complications from others, just a straight up respectful battle. That's what the BTCC is all about, good, clean racing and close battles. 👍

Results from Grand Valley East:

Race 1:

1. PleaseD1e
2. CptMadBean
3. skengdigi (301hp)
4. wambam23
5. Street-King-07 (307hp)
6. rolo912011 (283hp)
7. TheOldStig (5-second penalty)
8. mikey_2412
9. STOCKY8A1

Pole: skengdigi
Fastest Lap: wambam23 - 1:07.931
Lap Leaders:
PleaseD1e, skengdigi, Street-King-07, CptMadBean, wambam23

Race 2:

1. Dustybin_
2. skengdigi (295hp)
3. rolo912011
4. Street-King-07 (307hp)
5. wambam23 (301hp)
6. STOCKY8A1
7. CptMadBean (289hp; position swap)
8. mikey_2412 (warning + position swap)
9. PleaseD1e (283hp)
10. TheOldStig

Fastest Lap: Dustybin_ - 1:07.838
Lap Leaders: rolo912011,
Dustybin_, wambam23

Race 3:

1. PleaseD1e
2. skengdigi (289hp)
3. rolo912011 (295hp)
4. Street-King-07 (301hp)
5. Dustybin_ (283hp)
6. mikey_2412
7. CptMadBean
8. STOCKY8A1
9. wambam23 (307hp)
NC. TheOldStig (warning)

Fastest Lap: Dustybin_ - 1:07.616
Lap Leaders: PleaseD1e, rolo912011, skengdigi, CptMadBean

----

Drivers on a Season Ban:
@Kkj10 - Your delayed 10-second penalty was not taken within two rounds, and therefore it has been switched to a warning. This gives you 12 penalty points, which means a ban for the rest of the season.

Drivers on Probation:

@STOCKY8A1 - 6 penalty points. One more warning means a one-round ban.

@CptMadBean - 6 penalty points. One more warning means a one-round ban.

@1996mikey2412
- 6 penalty points. One more warning means a one-round ban.

Probationers Beware: If the series is handed to another host and continued, one of the terms of the handover will be that any race bans are carried over from the last round of this season to the first round of any new season. So don't think my retirement from hosting will let you off bad driving!

----

Please PM me if you want your penalties explained, or to appeal. You have 24 hours from the time of this post to appeal penalties.

Points up shortly. 👍

Latest Points:

Drivers' Points:

INTEGRAS2DRIVERS221114_zpscf897ab9.png

Teams' Points:

INTEGRAS2TEAMS221114_zpsb4147383.png

Independents' Points:

INTEGRAS2INDEPENDENTS221114_zpsd21b1fa1.png

---------

---------​

Next Round: Red Bull Ring (27/11/14)
Laps: TBA

Pit Window: TBA

---------
HP Penalties for Race 1:

1. PleaseD1e
- 283hp
2. skengdigi - 289hp
3. rolo912011 - 295hp
4. Street-King-07 - 301hp
5. Dustybin_ - 307hp

---------

Results:
  1. Motegi East - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...st-9-spaces-open.316250/page-15#post-10100082
  2. Cape Ring Inside - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...gt-8-spaces-open.316250/page-22#post-10131032
  3. Fuji GT - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...st-7-spaces-open.316250/page-26#post-10147848
  4. Deep Forest - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...46-8-spaces-open.316250/page-30#post-10182984
  5. Tokyo R246 - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...up-round-6-monza.316250/page-31#post-10224753
  6. Monza - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-invitation-only.316250/page-34#post-10233687
  7. Grand Valley East - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...-invitation-only.316250/page-36#post-10252733
---------​

All three championships remain open at the last round, which makes a nice change from recent seasons :)

Information about the finale to come.

OK, as far as I know, this is the entry list for Thursday's meeting at Red Bull Ring:

Series Regulars:
  1. @SkengD
  2. rolo912011
  3. @Ian_83
  4. @Dustybin
  5. @AudiMan2011
  6. @CptMadBean
  7. @Giorgio_57
  8. @1996mikey2412
  9. @STOCKY8A1
  10. @wambam23
  11. @sibbystiggy
This leaves 13 spaces free for:

Guest Appearances & Reserves:
  1. @Glenalz81
  2. @wiseguy007
  3. @Esco87
  4. @DirtyNurbKing58
  5. @cunny17
  6. @azidahaka
  7. @Malcolm Tucker
  8. @mrbrendon999
  9. @xflow1390
  10. @Furinkazen
  11. @Scaniabebe
  12. @kk20
  13. available
Reserve Guests:

@ROB 256R ?
@Gedi69 ?

I will PM all guest drivers on this list to check whether they're still interested or able to race, and update when I can. I'll try to fill any gaps if people can't make it.

To guest drivers - please familiarise yourselves with the Pre-Qualifying rules of the series. Since there'll potentially be an entry list of 24, we'll need to lose up to 8 drivers from the meet before the racing starts. As guests you will all need to pre-qualify, and therefore if you are racing you'll need to be in my lounge by 6.40pm on Thursday.

- Pre-Qualifying (6.45pm GMT) - an 8-minute Qualifier, run as a 'Race Together' Qualifier. Drivers will have their cars spec-checked and their connection strength analysed before the session begins. The session will begin at 6.45pm GMT regardless of any other circumstances. If you do not arrive on track in time, you are out. If you disconnect during the Qualifier, it is classified as a DNPQ and you are also out. A 1-lap race will begin at the end of the Qualifier, and once results have been noted you must quit the race. Do NOT drive or leave the line once the race starts.

Top 10 "Locked-In"

The top 10 drivers in the Drivers' Championship (or less to accommodate the stewards) will be automatically guaranteed a starting position for each week's races. All other drivers must run through Pre-Qualifying in order to fill the remaining 6 spaces in the lounge. Extra qualifying spaces will become available if Top 10 drivers do not attend.

The locked in drivers are:

Stewards - rolo912011, @SkengD, @Ian_83, @AudiMan2011
Top 10 - @Dustybin, @CptMadBean, @Giorgio_57, @1996mikey2412, @STOCKY8A1, @wambam23

@azidahaka as first reserve to be locked in if a Top 10 driver or steward can't race.

Any questions/comments please ask, hope to see you all on track!

Last edited:
Looks as though my chances of a third title are incredibly slim now. :( Skeng has done well in the past two rounds and it's really boosted his points tally. 👍

Looks as though my chances of a third title are incredibly slim now. :( Skeng has done well in the past two rounds and it's really boosted his points tally. 👍
However by the looks of it I think rolo is planning to bow out by winning his first ;)

271 races is quite a lot and I think I have been in 2/3rds of them as well possibly more

Hopefully we can resume BTCC in gt7 if its a good game

Dusty has got a lot of fastest laps this season

Has anyone set any lap times yet on RBR?
just want to get an idea of the lap times we'll be aiming for :nervous:
I did two laps last night out of curiosity. I didn't set a proper lap time, but I got a feel for the track surface and oh my, it's slippery. The track feels horrible, not sure if it has altered with the updates but it was much nicer to drive in the Renault.

It'll be abother draft track, loads of straights.

Was a slippery place last time, but I'm finding the last two bends really bad.
There again I think the FR cars where a little better getting round them.
In less someone was attacking your rear end!
Only did 5 laps this morning, best was a 01:42.mid

Thats odd I've not encountered that problem, just had my typical issue with doing the 1st and 2nd corner, 5\10 I either over brake or under brake into them, and it under steers a bit through the s bends so the entry speed has to be right

Did 5 laps, averaged low 43s and my best so far is 1.42.154

I think I'm onto something with a new technique of driving ;) just hoping no 1 blasts a 1.40 :scared:

It's going to be difficult not to run wide with the understeer. The surface really isn't very grippy compared to other tracks, so this'll be tough for sure.

It's going to be difficult not to run wide with the understeer. The surface really isn't very grippy compared to other tracks, so this'll be tough for sure.

Plus we'll need to be careful not to screw up the pit entry like what happened in BTCC-8.

Plus we'll need to be careful not to screw up the pit entry like what happened in BTCC-8.
Yep, pit entry was a bit bugged. Rolo had to pit two or three times in one race because of that. I'm guessing that it hasn't been fixed?

Well remembered. 👍

Yep, pit entry was a bit bugged. Rolo had to pit two or three times in one race because of that. I'm guessing that it hasn't been fixed?

Well remembered. 👍

Yep I did remember it and I was hoping all forgot it :D

But now street warned all of it, dam there goes that cheap win :grumpy:

Anyway just remember to take as wide line as you can in to the pits so you not get a drive through :mischievous:

OK, as far as I know, this is the entry list for Thursday's meeting at Red Bull Ring:

Series Regulars:
  1. @SkengD
  2. rolo912011
  3. @Ian_83
  4. @Dustybin
  5. @AudiMan2011
  6. @CptMadBean
  7. @Giorgio_57
  8. @1996mikey2412
  9. @STOCKY8A1
  10. @wambam23
  11. @sibbystiggy
This leaves 13 spaces free for:

Guest Appearances & Reserves:
  1. @neljack
  2. @Glenalz81
  3. @wiseguy007
  4. @Esco87
  5. @DirtyNurbKing58
  6. @cunny17
  7. @azidahaka
  8. @Malcolm Tucker
  9. @mrbrendon999
  10. @Furinkazen
  11. @Scaniabebe
  12. @kk20
  13. @Gedi69
Reserve Guests:

@ROB 256R ?

I will PM all guest drivers on this list to check whether they're still interested or able to race, and update when I can. I'll try to fill any gaps if people can't make it.

To guest drivers - please familiarise yourselves with the Pre-Qualifying rules of the series. Since there'll potentially be an entry list of 24, we'll need to lose up to 8 drivers from the meet before the racing starts. As guests you will all need to pre-qualify, and therefore if you are racing you'll need to be in my lounge by 6.40pm on Thursday.

The locked in drivers are:

Stewards - rolo912011, @SkengD, @Ian_83, @AudiMan2011
Top 10 - @Dustybin, @CptMadBean, @Giorgio_57, @1996mikey2412, @STOCKY8A1, @wambam23

@azidahaka as first reserve to be locked in if a Top 10 driver or steward can't race.

Any questions/comments please ask, hope to see you all on track!

@mrbrendon999 is taking part this week :)

But now street warned all of it, dam there goes that cheap win :grumpy:

Anyway just remember to take as wide line as you can in to the pits so you not get a drive through :mischievous:
:lol: £5 says that you get the first drive-thru. 👍

I hope that you can get a win on Thursday Mad, you probably deserve it more than anyone else here. You've come a long way since you joined the series and your determination and patience is admirable. There should be more MadBean's in the world, it would be a much nicer place. 👍

I might get a few laps in later to see what pace I have. With only a few ponies coming from my engine it'll be a hard first race. I don't think that I'll be doing much overtaking, I'll probably just find someone that's quick and try to draft them for the whole race. :sly:

I've done a few runs, I'm hitting a mid 42.

Turn 2 needs to be perfect to get a good run down the next straight. My weak point is the penultimate corner, I'm finding it very easy to run wide on the exit and that messes up the final corner too.

I've done a few runs, I'm hitting a mid 42.

Turn 2 needs to be perfect to get a good run down the next straight. My weak point is the penultimate corner, I'm finding it very easy to run wide on the exit and that messes up the final corner too.

you're right, every corner before a long straight is always vital for a good lap, its difficult to get the braking point right for the second corner, also accelerate too early and you run off into the slippery zone, too late and you lose too much speed

I'm having trouble choosing between 3rd or 4th for the final corner, since gears can't be adjusted, which 1 is more advantageous? :confused:

I'm having trouble choosing between 3rd or 4th for the final corner, since gears can't be adjusted, which 1 is more advantageous? :confused:
Good question. I'm not sure which gear I'm using, I rarely think about my gears, I just keep an eye on my apex speed. I think that I'm using 3rd gear, I'll take note next time I give the Honda a run. 👍

You're right about turn 2, too fast and you can lose time. I hate the kerb on the exit of turn 2. The apex can be a bit rough too, so best keeping it slow through there.

Back