<- BTCC -> Honda Integra Cup Season 2 - rolo wins a title at the 13th attempt!Finished 

• Thread starter rolo912011
  • 1,178 comments
You should be able to get in the 1:40s, 1:41.106 now my new best.
Got over 300s under that time, but then messed up a few bends.

I think maybe 01:39 lap could be done :nervous:

I've got the head lights to sort out on the car tomorrow morning, then I'll be warming up online.
If I'm not on your bubby list then pls add me

A 1:39 isn't possible without draft. The track is essentially a load of straights, there aren't actually that many bends.

A 1:40 is doable, but I hope to god that it's a high 1:40 otherwise I'm totally screwed in race 1 with the success penalty.

People - I'm finally looking at moving this house away from TalkTalk as its internet provider. My internet is literally cutting out 7/8 times a day, pretty much just by looking at it it cuts out at the moment. You'd be lucky to get 10 minutes of YouTube video before it cries enough and bails on me. Want to have 4 tabs on Chrome open and loading at the same time? Forget it. Opening a Facebook photo album is like playing Russian Roulette. Having wifi on two phones and a PC at once is too much for our connection. Playing GTA for 15 minutes is pushing the limits of what this crap is capable of. Downstairs to reset the router (two or three times sometimes) for daring to actually use the ****ing thing, or if I'm lucky it sorts itself out by using Diagnostics. It's done this for years and to say it's tiresome is an understatement.

So, two things really...

1) Is there anything I can do to stop this? Is this TalkTalk's fault or mine? What's causing these frequent cut-outs? Terrible bandwidth in the local area? Bad phone line externally? It's not practical to use a wired connection in this house otherwise we'd fall over the cable going up the stairs every time (and I doubt I'd be allowed to fit one up the stairs since this isn't my house). My PC is upstairs, the router downstairs by the phone line socket. I use a Belkin USB Wireless Adapter to pick up the signal. The wi-fi is secured by password. The router we've got is about 10 years old but still works absolutely fine, but is that the cause of this ****** broadband issue? I don't want to change providers and spend more if the provider isn't the issue, and nor do I want to shell out on a router if that isn't the cause either. The speed is normally around 5-6MB but occasionally it likes to drop to a crawl of 0.5 - 1MB.

2) Who is the best provider out there in the UK? Plusnet is terrible from what I've heard. Who aren't going to destroy the bank balance and who provides the most reliable service? I don't care if it's still a 6MB connection with a new provider, just really sick to death of it cutting out so frequently. I want a reliable internet that I don't have to reset multiple times a day.

3940144840.png

A Speedtest I just did. That speed is poor even for my internet. As I say it's normally 5-6 but maybe it's never consistently that. On PS3 it tends to register about 2-3MB normally.

Well as you know, I've had my fair share of problems.

I've never been a Talk Talk customer and my knowledge is perhaps a little limited....

From what I've read, Talk Talk are rubbish for online gaming, I've also witnessed other Talk Talk customers having issues too. I would never use Talk Talk.

A 10-year old router is not going to be as good as a new router. You would assume that they'd run like sewing machine's and last forever, but I've known people to have router issues... Can you borrow one from someone, just to test it for a day?

Contact Talk Talk and explain your problems. They may be able to help. 👍

Since I joined BT I've had a reliable service. My speeds are slow, but the connection is solid, I rarely get disconnects and for me that's very important.

You don't need to run a cable from your router to your PS3 to get a wired connection. You can use a Powerline adapter (Argos 266/0981).... Basically plug the adapter into a socket next to the router, connect an ethernet cable from the adapter into the router....get the other adapter and plug it into a socket near you PS3 and wire an ethernet cable from the adapter to the PS3.

A Powerline adapter sends your data through the house wiring. It's pretty clever. I haven't used one myself, but I know someone that has and he had a good internet connection.

Don't worry too much about the connection speeds given by your PS3, the PS3 results are generally a bit lower than what you would get using a PC to run a connection test. It is possible to use the PS3's web browser to run a connection speed test, I haven't done it for a long while, but try searching for 'Sky broadband speed test', it's the only one that I found which would work on a PS3 web browser.

I run on plusnet...

Now, before Monday we had the router sitting on the fridge in the doorway of the kitchen /living room, but it was on the kitchen side of the door. I RARELY got 55% connection, it would be 52-53% when no one else is using it, but it would drop right down to 27-32% if my girlfriend tapped on her Facebook app, it was just mind-blowingly s***.

But since I moved it to on top of the couch just on the other side of the door, it's gone right up! 95-99% when no one else is using it, and lowest of 68% when EVERYTHING is being used. It's incredible! A move of only 2-3 feet and it's twice as strong

I think the cheaper the provider the more the lines shared with others.
Been with BT before and I went for cheaper sky.
Fact always was my 8mb BT was always faster than the sky 16mb.

Went to virgin as the firbe I could get at the time.
Found out virgin not as good as I thought, hit peak times and the 120mb.
Is so up and down it sucks.

BT about 8 months later got there firbe in the area, I jump in and got it.
Was 100% better than virgin at peak times.
Few months later BT went down?

Worked out the my phone line went two houses down into a main sort of conection area for all the houses on my block.
And had broke on it's way to my house :(
BT engineer said I have to pay for it to be replaced.
And told me to get someone in to replace it as openreach would cost a lot.

1 hour queue waiting to talk to BT help line and then put my points across.
BT open reach came out the next day and replaced the 1950s line to my house with a new 4 times wider line.

BT better than virgin again but I still have both, just making sure I can beat Ian at something I guess lol.

In our house, my room is in the perfect spot so I can run a cord from the router, outside the downstairs window, up to my room through my window, and into the PS3. I don't know if you've ever thought about that or if you can even do it.

Well, it looks like Rolo is having more problems than I'm having with TalkTalk...
And I thought I was the second Harsk of GTPlanet ;)

In other news, done some testing at RBR, and got down to 1:41.036 with consistent 1:41s... How's that stacking up compared to you guys?

Well, it looks like Rolo is having more problems than I'm having with TalkTalk...
And I thought I was the second Harsk of GTPlanet ;)

In other news, done some testing at RBR, and got down to 1:41.036 with consistent 1:41s... How's that stacking up compared to you guys?

Seems the lap time but then skeng Ian Dusty I think will do them 1:40 laps, there good at getting things right on all bends.
I'm a little like a rattle snake in times lol.

Little note to Ian.
I would not test with your race 1 power limit as you know it's just a matter of getting the draft.
Full power the car got more wheel spin, so in my mind the car will be better to learn on full power.

Your power limit will help round turn 1 and alot round turn 2.
Maybe even out of a lot of the bends, as it is to easy to hit the power coming out and just spinning up.

Seems the lap time but then skeng Ian Dusty I think will do them 1:40 laps, there good at getting things right on all bends.
I'm a little like a rattle snake in times lol.

Well it is the first time I ever drove the car, and I set that time within 12 laps... So I'm getting there;)

I'm with EE :sly: I pay 15quid a month for fiber broadband & get up to 60mbs
not had any problems yet other than I've had to change filters more often than before,

been with O2 before, who had excellent service but were expensive and dropped their services so I had to move

before that I was with BT, who weren't very nice and had some connection problems

before that I was with talktalk, who were an absolute nightmare! they took extra out of my bank account, refused to pay back, were also in the news for taking out extra, were fined but never paid back their customers, they even stopped picking up my phone calls completely,

now my relatives are with talktalk, I barely ever hear that it's working since they always ask me to let them use my computer/connection to get stuff done, and everything on the net in automatically blocked by talktalk for some odd reason

Well it is the first time I ever drove the car, and I set that time within 12 laps... So I'm getting there;)
Did you set those times online?

@rolo912011 - looks like a 12 lap race tomorrow. Just under 21 minutes with a pit stop. 👍

1:40's are possible, but don't expect to see many without draft.

I've tested at full power and 283hp. The 283 is a fairly nasty drop in lap times here, RBR has a high percentage of full throttle, so the loss is very noticeable. I had a little race with Karsten and I either needed his draft, or I needed him to make a mistake and run wide once or twice per lap.

I wish that I was a bit closer in the title chase, the odds are stacked against me, but who knows what might happen during the races. I'll still give it my best.

Rolo - I wish you all the best for tomorrow mate. I'm going to miss our battle's.

No practice for me this week but im not that worried .

I have had to switch who i have been racing week by week , this week i believe its rolo .

Goal is to beat him 2 out of 3 races .

How do the pts look with the drop scores ?

I have had to switch who i have been racing week by week , this week i believe its rolo .

Skeng - 247
Rolo - 244
Ian - 235
Dusty - 233
Street - 226

Not grassing no one up but Skeng, rolo is testing and he not slow.
He aiming to beat you tonight so come on get some testing in.

I'm sorry guys but when I came home my brother got beat up bad in school, I have police coming round and won't make it in time. I'm actually really upset, I was looking forward to a nice farewell race :(

sorry guys, there is a chance I may not be able to make it tonight... but I'm not sure atm
if I don't make it, have a nice final round guys

I'm sorry guys but when I came home my brother got beat up bad in school, I have police coming round and won't make it in time. I'm actually really upset, I was looking forward to a nice farewell race :(

Oh god, I'm sorry to hear that! Hope he's okay!
On the bright side, if all goes well... I want to get all the big guys of the BTCC together in the next few weeks and have a little bit like a Historic Evening, where we all drive our favourite cars (or championship winning car, if you're a champion) since the start of BTCC. It's not about being the very fastest, but it's all about having cars from different eras racing - so like I will probably drive an 06' Focus ST (to spec at the time)! Also, it'd be cool to drive in the period colours (so for example, those who raced HSR Focus STs in early Seasons, could drive Blue and White 06' Focus STs)

But would you like me to come and deal with the kid who beat your brother up? I'll show him a thing or two about picking on my friend's family;p

sorry guys, there is a chance I may not be able to make it tonight... but I'm not sure atm
if I don't make it, have a nice final round guys

I hope you can make it, has been great racing with you over the years 👍

@rolo912011, how many laps and what is the pit window for tonight?

Back