<-BTCC-> Media Thread

Driver of the season (Please do not vote for self)

• street-king (chivas PAR)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • qrtintheshade (Team 'Murica)

• glenn_cullen (MTMsport racing)

• DR_Ingo (Race Craft motorsport)

• canyondrifter (PAR)

• True blue (DPR)

• CptMadBean (DPR)

• hurleyman (DPR)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
BTCC-7 Review
BTCC returned for it's 7th season. Reigning champion Skeng had just won his 5th drivers championship in BTCC and his 3rd Team championship with rolo at Midnight purple racing. Skeng had left and formed Team 'Murica with qrtintheshade, while rolo partnered street-king in place of Glenalz at Chivas PAR after the deal with Johnboy fell through. There were old faces returning to the series such as PAR, DPR and Scuderia Fronzini, along with a bunch of rookies to the series.
The season began at Spa-Francorchamps. Rolo put his peugeot on pole position and won the first race, showing himself as a championship contender. Ian wrestled his Volvo to 2nd, xflow 3rd, who set the first fastest lap of the season. reigning champ skeng finished just of the podium in 4th. True-blue was fighting in 3rd when he crashed while going into the pits, the most embarrassing moment of his career.Race 2 saw the reverse grid. Glenn and True-blue came together, allowing skeng to catch up and win the race.

Last edited:
rolo mistakenly quit the second race, losing valuable points. skeng left the weekend leading the drivers championship, with Team 'Murica leading the team standings, where they would remain all season.Round 2 was at Silverstone National. xflow continued his form and achieved his first BTCC pole. Ian took his second win of the season with fastest lap followed by rolo xflow and skeng. Race 2 qrtintheshade won his first race of the season followed by True-blue who suffered an engine failure in Race 1 (a habit) and Ian placed his Volvo in 3rd after starting from last. skeng finished 5th but scored a point for fastest lap, with rolo 6th. 2 of the experienced BTCC drivers canyon and street-king had a terrible 2 rounds, their season was plagued by bad luck and the wrong car choice.
Round 3 was at Autumn Ring. skeng took full points in race 1 with pole, a win and fastest lap. Glenn finally had a serious competitor in hurley for the independent trophy. Hurley came 2nd on his debut. rolo was 4th.

Last edited:
qrtintheshade was 5th followed by MadBean, who was involved in an incident with his team mate. Rookie xflow won his first BTCC race in race 2 with fastest lap. Neljack, who was later on in the season abducted by aliens was 2nd. street-king wrestled his hyundai to his first podium of the season. The drivers left with xflow leading the championship.
Round 4 was Brands Hatch Indy. True-blue achieved his first BTCC pole and battled with the BMW's. qrtintheshade won with fastest lap, followed by rolo, True with skeng 4th, xflow and Ian behind keeping the title fight open. In Race 2 Hurley scored his first BTCC win, with rolo 2nd, ian 3rd and skeng 4th. True finished 10th but scored a point for fastest lap. canyon and karsten had had a terrible season, then came together in race 2. This resulted in BTCC veteran karsten leaving the series and canyon going AWOL on a month holiday to Hawaii. At the half way point the season,skeng, qrtintheshade and Ian were leading the drivers championship on 116pts.

Round 5 was at Bathurst. Ian took pole position and fastest lap, but finished 2nd after qrtintheshade won. MadBean finished 3rd after a new steering column. skeng was 6th and rolo suffered an engine failure on the grid. Due to this rolo started on pole for race 2 which he won. Ian was 2nd with skeng 3rd. 5th place qrtintheshade got fastest lap. Glenn recieved a one race ban, many believed his independent title was over. Ian led the standings on 193pts, skeng 143, qrtintheshade 140, rolo 135. xflows poor weekend meant his title fight was over.
Round 6 was at Motegi East. Hurley who had just signed for DPR took his first BTCC pole. Ian won with skeng 2nd and hurley 3rd, their positions being swapped after a last lap collision. skeng set fastest lap. Race 2 was won by True, with street 2nd, Ian 3rd and qrt 4th. BTCC veteran weezy returned to the series with a 5th. skeng set fastest lap in 6th and rolo's 7th ended his fight for the title. Ian still led the standings on 193, skeng 176 and qrt 174

The penultimate round was Silverstone GP. Ex-BTCC driver scania returned and took pole position. He was fighting rolo for the lead when he went off and handed the win to rolo. Ian increased his lead by finishing 4th and skeng struggled here in his BMW in 6th but did set fastest lap. However skeng managed to win race 2, with scania 2nd and brendon scoring his first podium. qrt had a poor weekend and went AWOL. so off we went to the final round, Ian on 194pts and skeng 183pts after dropped scores.The final round, Brands Hatch GP. skeng needed 34 points at least if ian scored less then 25. skeng took pole position and won, scania 2nd with fastest lap. rolo was 3rd and Ian 4th. The stage was set for the final round. The start was delayed, applying extra pressure to the drivers. Ian kept his cool and had a good start, it looked as if he was going to win, then he spun, handing the championship to skeng. yet again it looked as if skeng was champion. Then all of a sudden, he was taken out by scania.

Last edited:
with his championship over, skeng refused to pit and forced True, who set fastest lap and was leading by 10 seconds into a mistake. xflow took advantage of this and won, with rolo 2nd Ian 3rd and true 4th. The drivers championship was not the only battle though. DPR and Race Craft motor sport were fighting for 3rd in the team points. Race Craft eventually won, due to MadBeans ban. brendon, Glenn and DR_Ingo were fighting for 10th, the final lock in sport for season 8, eventually won by brendon.
After a season full of ups and down, Ian was named champion. Team 'Murica won the team, BMW the manufacture and Glenn held out despite his race ban to win the inderpendant title. Roll on BTCC-8

Last edited:
Thank you guys, what a lovely surprise. :) There were so many drivers that were worthy of this title, so I'm really surprised by this result.

Cheers. 👍

Thanks Ingo. :) That Volvo was an awkward car that's for sure. :lol: I think that I was driving more aggressively than I have done previously, I knew that the car wasn't the best so I had to prove a point. Motegi was a great race, I had to defend so hard to keep those BMW's behind....they were amazing around there and a force to be reckoned with.

Season preview
Season 8 of BTCC begins, but who will be challenging for the title.....

Midnight Purple Racing (MPR)
Midnight Purple Racing were founded in the Megane series. This season involved the two most experienced divers on the grid rolo and skeng. MPR powered skeng to his 4th driver title, and the team title on their first attempt. MPR then pulled out of BTCC-7 when both drivers joined new teams. However they have returned and are sponsoring rolo as an independant.
1x Driver title (Megane) 1x Team title (Megane)

@rolo912011 (I) - Peugeot
The series director. Rolo joined the series at the start of BTCC-2 griving for ICS plc. BTCC-3 he joined Invicta Motorsport, but moved to Team V8 Turbo after the 2nd round, where he won the team and manufacture titles. After his two titles rolo, he found the backing of Sunrise Blue Racing in a hope to win the independant title for BTCC-4. However that season and the next, the Japanese cup, saw no championship titles. BTCC-5 saw rolo join SimTek, where he won the manufacturer title. Having no sponsorship for BTCC-6, rolo digged into his pockets and ran as a privateer car, he won the manufacturer title for the second year running. Again rolo ran as a privateer in the Integra series. This year he won his first independant title. After his great performances of the past few seasons, MPR finally signed him up along side skeng for the megane series, where he won the team championship. BTCC-7 he left MPR and joined Perfect Chivas Racing, where his 4 year trophy winning streak ended. After his disappointing season, he has now returned to MPR as an independant, hoping to reclaim the title and win his first Driver Championship.
Races: 190 Wins: 27 Podiums: 81 Fastest laps: 16 Poles:6
1x Independant title (Integra) 2x Team title (BTCC-3, Megane) 3X Manufacturer title (BTCC-3, BTCC-5, BTCC-6)

Perfect Apex Racing (PAR)
One of the oldest teams on the grid, PAR were formed at the begining of BTCC-6 by Ian and Canyon. They become one of the few teams, and 3rd modern team to win the team title on their first attempt. They resigned the two drivers to defend the team championship for the integra season, which they successfully did. After their top form of the last few seasons, PAR resigned their two drivers, but also funded a sister team named 'Perfect Chivas Racing' for the Megane series. Street-king and Glenalz were announced as the two drivers. However Ian had a season to forget after numerous engine failures, ending the 2 year team title streak. The line-up did not really changed for BTCC-7. However it was now canyons turn for bad luck. Both drivers had poor car choices, this proved too much for canyon and he went AWOL the 2nd half of the season. However PAR managed to turn Ian's volvo into a drive-able car, and won him the drivers title. There much much doubt about canyons return. However he has now came back, but stepped down from the team for now to re-find his form, PAR will finance his independant title. After the end to perfect chivas, street-king will partner reigning champ Ian for BTCC-8.
1x Driver title 2x Team titles

@Ian_83 - Renault
The reigning champion, Ian joined the series in the last few races of BTCC-5 as a privateer. He then formed PAR with canyon for BTCC-6, where he won the team title. He defended his title with them for the integra season, earning his 2nd consecutive team title. Hoping to achieve a 3rd title, he signed another contract with PAR for the megane series, however he retired mid way through the season due to a car plagued by engine failures. Hoping to forget it, he concentrated on BTCC-7. He won the driver title, and goes into this season as the champion, hoping to defend his title.
Races: 69 Wins: 8 Podiums: 31 Fastest laps: 9 Poles: 2
1x Driver title 2x Team titles

@AudiMan2011 - Mercedes
Street-king joined BTCC at the start of the integra series, as an independant backed by Caledonia Motorsports. He was only a rookie, but he gave the drivers a run for their money, nearly claiming the driver and independant title. PAR immediately spotted his potential and offered him a contract for their newly formed sister team Perfect chivas. He had a good season with a difficult car, but BTCC-7 was a season to forget. The last few seasons he has been unable to find get some decent results due to an underperforming car. But he hopes to put an end to that now he has joined PAR for BTCC-8.
Races: 82 Wins: 4 Podiums: 19 Fastest laps: 6 Poles: 0

Last edited:
So BTCC begins tonight. With 4 world champions on the grid, this promises to be hugely competitive. After the winter break, everyone has emerged from the dark garage, and headed off to the USA, for the season opener at Laguna Seca.

Series director @rolo912011 (rolo912011) has worked hard to balance all cars. He's decided to run as an independent, with Black Panther Racing in the peugeot. 'The cars are well balanced' he told BTCCSport. 'There's a wide selection of cars and tuned to be as competitive as possible. The last time i drove as an independent, i won the indy title, so hopefully i can repeat that. The peugeot is a very good car, however i'm yet to pick up the spanners and get dirty.'

Reigning world champion @Ian_83 (PleaseD1e) has signed another deal at Perfect Apex Racing, after doubts about his future with the team. Ian was happy to meet and talk about the new changes within the team and the official Silverstone test. 'Well last season, the car's were terrible for us. We couldn't get them to work well. I'll never know how i held off skeng.' When i mentioned @canyondrifter (canyondrifter) he looked very relieved. 'It's such a relief he's back. We are double team champions, that's not easy. We had a good talk before brands, i had to give him tough love. Luckily he came to sense. we think it's a good idea he run's as an independent for now. Give us another trophy. We've been following @AudiMan2011 (street-king-07) progress and we're very impressed, he deserves the second seat'.

@SkengD (skengdigi) challenged very hard for the title last season, but his accident with scania destroyed his title. 'I'm still not happy with him, i didn't even send him a christmas card. I'm quite upset quade left, we dominated last season, but i'm happy to be working with kandy at Digicool.'. A former world champion @kk20 (killa_kandy) has returned to the series after a break. 'After winning the title, i just needed a rest' he told us. When i asked him how it feels to work alongside the most succesful driver ever, he just shrugged. 'I'm a bit rusty at the moment, but by next week, he'll be eating my dust.' Skeng goes into the season with a 15 point reduction. 'It will be very hard for sure' he says. 'but i promise you i will still be fighting for the title in the last round'.

Husky Tech Haus will be the only two Hyundai's on the grid. The team, owned by @DolHaus , hope that they will be able to put his technical genius to good use. @CptMadBean (CptMadBean) thinks the car could be a title contender. 'When we first got the car, it was terrible, but we let DolHaus do his thing and i think it could really be a contendor. It has a very good set up and hopefully @hurleyman24 (hurleyman24) and i can get some good points.

@Scaniabebe (Scaniabebe) and his Humberside Racing team will again be returning to the series. 'The Ford has been really good' he told us in his usual excited state. ' We are yet to do any real setup work, but things look promising. @iFuriousRacer (blabla_) is doing a great job too. I thought that he had alot of potential and he's proving me right so far in our tests'.

The young drivers @mrbrendon999 (mrbrendon999) and @sibbystiggy (TheOldStig) will again be teamed together at Team Unliscensed drivers. 'There has been alot of late nights here, fitting my new steering rack and seat, but yeah, we have a few ideas, just hope i wont fall asleep at the wheel, i've had to drink alot of monster'.

The youngest driver, but still fully experienced @DirtyNurbKing58 (True-blue-8) will be hoping Diesel Pig Racing have fixed the technical issues from last season. 'Last year was really good, just really unlucky, but i think that's fixed now. @Malcolm Tucker (glenn_cullen) is quite worried he won't qualify, but i have every confidence he will. If he doesn't? He's not being paid, so no pressure'.

The final team on the grid is the oldest, Buckfast Racing. Only one of these original members survive. 'After a break from the series, Buckfast is back' @wiseguy007 (weezy_7) told us. It's been awhile so i hope i still have good pace, but i'm sure @TayTheDay (GTP-Tay) and me can bring success back to the team.

PURE racer @xstretch (stretchy-) will run as an independent for the GTForum Racing team. @SmileyWRX (SmileyWRX)'s prescence is in doubt. His team Lightning in a bottle failed to find him funds for the start and season. He is yet to even see the car. 'All winter i've been told to just wait' he said. 'I may just have to pay for it myself, dunno where the money will come from'. @Harsk100 (HarskGaming96), the biggest threat n the grid, is still out due to not even having a car. 'I am trying ok!!!' was all he had to say. @Furinkazen (Furinkazen) will also return to the series for RPM. @Siggers (sig1611) is thought to be rolo's biggest threat in the independent championship. 'well, the car is good but i am the only self-funderd driver here, we'll have to see, wont we'. @samurai8juice (samurai8juicebox) hopes to find the funds to appear at every race for Buffalo Motorsports. @Toshost (Toshost) and @gtp_Tenderly (tenderly90) are the two remaining independent drivers.

brendon's friend @Teritusfire (TeritusFire) will sit as a reserve along with @neljack (neljack) who is pressumed missing. No search party has been sent out. 'No point' said his good friend @V8-Johnboy (johnboy-1975-) 'he'll just disappear again after a few days, he's very, very unreliable'. The first world champ john returns as a reserve. 'I just want to show these guys how it's done'

So after a long, cold winter, BTCC returns. Gentlemen, START YOUR ENGINES!!!!
:cheers:

Back